✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Perfect" Albums

the_gloaming09

Of course ideally there's no such thing as perfect but this is a thread to list what albums you think are perfect. What I consider to help determine if an album is perfect is the overall flow of an album, if there's no weak songs/flaws, and I it's an album that you can always go back to.

So with that said what albums do you consider to be perfect?

For me there are very few but the ones I consider perfect are:

Abbey Road-The Beatles

Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd

Kid A-Radiohead

In Rainbows-Radiohead

There's other albums I'm considering, but I have to think about them for a while.

They include:

Funeral-Arcade Fire

Person Pitch-Panda Bear

hmmm, personally I would include In Rainbows. I really do enjoy Faust Arp. I find All I Need kind of feels like the end of a movement in the album. Faust Arp transports you to a different movement that closes off the album. It's almost like a lullaby before the dream.

The Beatles - Abbey Road

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

Genesis - Trick of the Tail

Genesis - Duke

Radiohead - The Bends

Radiohead - OK Computer

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head

Incubus - Morning View

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Joshua Tree is way up there for me. First five songs and last two songs are absolutely perfect (not just talking in terms of quality, but flow especially), the remaining songs are prone to debate, but I think they're really great as well.

OK Computer, Kid A, and Agaetis Byrjun are also in my canon of perfect or near perfect 'classic' albums.

I could include Turn On The Bright Lights and Funeral, though I could find things to complain about.

Joshua Tree is way up there for me. First five songs and last two songs are absolutely perfect (not just talking in terms of quality, but flow especially), the remaining songs are prone to debate, but I think they're really great as well.

OK Computer, Kid A, and Agaetis Byrjun are also in my canon of perfect or near perfect 'classic' albums.

I could include Turn On The Bright Lights and Funeral, though I could find things to complain about.

true, i forgot Joshua Tree (and i mean how could i?!). you're so right about the flow of the album.

Mezzanine - Massive Attack

Odelay - Beck

Songs Of Leonard Cohen - Leonard Cohen

Strangeways Here We Come - The Smiths

Funeral - Arcade Fire

The Velvet Underground And Nico - The Velvet Underground

Vespertine - Bjork

Kid A - Radiohead

La Maison De Mon Reve - CocoRosie

All perfect for what they are, and would be high up on my list for favourite albums but they are not necessarily my absolute favourite. There are so many albums with one or two songs that make them not 'perfect' but which I still love, but I was looking at them as an album as a whole and how it fits together.

The Beatles came close but they always have at least one dodgy song for each album (Revolver was ruined by Yellow Submarine and Rubber Soul by What Goes On). Honourable mentions to Portishead, Antony & The Johnsons, Flaming Lips, Nick Drake, Martin Grech, Neil Young and David Bowie.