✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

IF YOU CAN READ, YOU CAN COOK

NumbersGirl

Reading recipes is for pansies. I just cook stuff and it always turns out DELICIOUS.

The key is to smell spices and go "hm does this smell tasty in comparison to this? would I eat this with this?" and if the answer is anywhere from "eh I guess" to "OMG YEAH" put it in. Success achieved!

As for judging when meat is done, psh, that's so easy. Just like look at it and prod it a few times with a fork.

I think I have cooking instincts or something, shame I hate cooking so much really, I guess it's a waste of my talents, such that they are.

try this ::chef::deal2:

Chicken Pita with Tatziki

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts, cubed

...1 teaspoon garlic salt

1 tablespoon Vegeta (or other poultry seasoning)

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 whole pitas

Cheese (either 4 slices Swiss, or 1 cup shredded cheddar)

1 cup lettuce, shredded

1 cup Greek yogurt

1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced

1/4 onion, diced

1 teaspoon hot sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon salt

Season chicken with garlic salt and Vegeta. Add olive oil an marinate for one half hour. Cook chicken in pan on stove, approximately 8 minutes. Melt equal amounts of cheese onto 4 pitas. Combine remaining ingredients for tatziki (cucumber sauce). Serve chicken on toasted pitas with lettuce and sauce.

Only true providing that a person has some basic cooking skills; for instance, knowing when meat or veggies are ready, how to boil something, how high to turn the fire up, what kind of pot or pan to use for which foods and how to manage your time.

These might sound like moronic things, but I swear to God one of my flatmates' idea of "cooking" is putting rice in a pot (no water!), turning the gas all the way up and then leaving the kitchen for fifteen minutes, only to find me & another flatmate LITERALLY extinguishing her food. Her rice was on fire. And this is a 23-year old we're talking about! :D

Other than that I believe most simple to medium difficulty recipes can be managed by reading carefully and practicing a lot. Same goes for some more tricky recipes.

These might sound like moronic things, but I swear to God one of my flatmates' idea of "cooking" is putting rice in a pot (no water!), turning the gas all the way up and then leaving the kitchen for fifteen minutes, only to find me & another flatmate LITERALLY extinguishing her food. Her rice was on fire. And this is a 23-year old we're talking about! :D

Hmm, yes, but did she READ the directions before she did that? :whistle: