✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

music books?

Lore

I love music books but since I'm a big Beatles maniac my library it's almost just about them (which is awesome anyway :P)

Do you have any book recommendations about certain bands, biographies or history of rock in general?

I'm reading The Beatles Anthology at the moment but would like to get something about another band maybe.

I have so many Beatles/John Lennon books... pretty much all of them I haven't had a chance to read :lol:

My favorite one is this Lennon book (I Can't remember the name of it), but it has all these photocopies of memorabilia to make it look real that you can take out of the book (like lyrics sheets, letters, etc)... it's really cool

I've just bought the XFM 1000 songs of all time and it's a very good read so far about indie music

xfm_top1000_songs.jpg

I also recommand 'Bands on the road': it's a collection of sketch done by rock artists on tour. It's funny to see their drawing and the story behind it.

Bands-on-the-Road_l.jpg

One that is original is 'Sound bites' by Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) where he relates what he eats on tour (Alex worked in kitchen in restaurants before being in the band). It's funny and gives another look at the live of a touring band.

soundbites.jpg

I've a biographies about bands that I really like (Jeff Buckley, Coldplay, KOL, Queen,...) All good.

One that is original is 'Sound bites' by Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) where he relates what he eats on tour (Alex worked in kitchen in restaurants before being in the band). It's funny and gives another look at the live of a touring band.

soundbites.jpg

Yes, Sound Bites is really funny and awesome! :D I generally don't like biographies, especially if they're unofficial so I haven't read that many music related books. I do have a pop music encyclopaedia though, which is really useful, and a couple of books by a Dutch pop journalist, but I guess there isn't much point in recommending those. :sweatdrop:

soundbites.jpg

:surprised: I want to read that book :awesome: I love Franz Ferdinand, and I heard that Alex praised Portuguese food :dance:

And I don't own many books about music, but last year when I went to New York I bought a photography book about the Beatles, it's awesome! :D Love the pics and the stories behind them

ok here is what I read:

416PfWM8V%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the Doors biography with many pictures

51QEJ8NYJTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

a Doors biography by Ray Manzarek (the founder of the Doors)

2a4df9dc-ef68-4e54-926e-cab6ce507454.jpg

this is rather fictionary about Jim Morrison's death...

41HdXGdWffL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

haha one of my favourites...it's about the death of Indie-rock...

john-peel-biography.jpg

John Peel biography...omg the reason why I bought that book was so lame....I hadn't heard of John Peel before, but my best uni friend (well I had a crush on him) told me about the book and how great it is and he said he can only recommend it to me and all that stuff....so I straight went to a book shop and bought it just to impress him and the next day I still had it in my uni bag and I showed him ( I was so proud) and he said "yeah.....nice.....well, I haven't read it..."....I was like "Oh":disappointed:

just_kids.jpg

Not directly music related, but since Patti Smith is a musician it is a music book haha...I've almost finished it

GaescheBornToBeWildDie68erBuch.jpg

about the student movement in the 60s and their relation to music...

51RN3NT4V6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

about german music history...

41CASC3FC9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

another book about german music history....

n58545.jpg

(don't know if that counts though...)

that's what I remember so far.....there are some more but I can't remember their title correctly now and that's why I can't find them....