✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010/11 Ashes Series

deaths_friend

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

A century, a double century and another century. All from the first 3 English batsmen.

One word - STUNNING!

Guest howyousawtheworld
well here's something to take our minds off losing the world cup hosting rights. 5 days of glorious test match cricket :D

England got 3 wickets already!!

Guest howyousawtheworld
more wickets than FIFA votes! :)

I saw Michael Vaughan tweet that!

But Australia look to have steadied themselves. Boo! Actually who am I kidding. I don't want you Aussies to suffer anymore today. Australia were fucking robbed of the 2022 World Cup. A country who had worked tirelessly to improve their football over the last 10 years as well as making star turns at the last two world cups, along with a superb culture and beautiful stadia, gets shafted by the corrupt bastards in favour of the dirty oil money and soulless, grey, dull lifeless bid of Qatar. Who said football was about the passion? Not FIFA. Not FUCKING FIFA. The slimy, bent bastards. I hope the Robert Mugabe of football Sepp Blatter and his twisted bitter henchman like Warner and co ROT IN HELL. I'D PAY AN ADMISSION FEE TO SATAN JUST TO SEE IT HAPPEN TO THE C U N T S!

RANT OVER!

Guest howyousawtheworld
it has been a terrible year in australian sport. everything that couldve gone wrong has gone wrong this year. i guess we're used to doing well in everything so we're pretty sore losers when it doesnt go our way.

Now you know what it's like to be Scottish.

Well good luck for the Rugby World Cup next year. I don't think I'd find anything more hilarious than seeing the Wallabies win the World Cup on New Zealand soil! Give those ******s in black a lesson or two. I'd love to bring out the classic 'What do you call 15 men watching the World Cup Final? Answer - New Zealand rugby team' joke...again!

But the Ashes are all to play for!

edit: I'm Scottish but I'm supporting the England cricket team. Though I'm slightly worried that a Scot has to be making up the absence of English cricket fans on Coldplaying though

_50294961_cookceleb466.jpg

Cook's knock was his 15th century for England

Ashes: Cook puts England in charge against Australia

Alastair Cook hit an unbeaten 136 as England built a 72-run lead on day two of the second Test against Australia.

After his 235 not out in the first Test, Cook took his series aggregate to 438 with a chanceless knock as England reached 317-2 at the close.

The tourists made a bad start to the day when Andrew Strauss was bowled by Doug Bollinger playing no stroke.

But Jonathan Trott (78) and Kevin Pietersen (85 not out) helped Cook put them in a commanding position.

Once again, Australia's bowling attack was found wanting, with the seamers struggling to maintain a disciplined line and length and spinner Xavier Doherty unable to justify the faith shown in him by the selectors.

England will hope to bat long into day three at the Adelaide Oval to build a commanding lead but will be mindful that the match is following a similar course to the opening Test in which Australia held a 221-run advantage on first innings but were unable to force a victory.

With the new ball only three overs old, the home side need early wickets on the third morning. On the evidence of the series so far, however, it will need something special to dislodge Cook, who has batted for over 1,000 minutes since his last dismissal.

What marked out the 25-year-old's innings as something truly special was the way he avoided giving the bowlers even a glimmer of hope.

After Strauss went for one off the third ball of the morning, Trott should have been out before reaching double figures and Pietersen - perhaps forgivably after sitting padded up for a combined total of almost 10 hours in the two matches - took time to settle.

But Cook played to his strengths, flicking confidently through mid-wicket when the ball was on the stumps, despatching anything short and wide past point and anything overpitched through the covers, while remaining watchful at all times in defence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/9256870.stm

Guest howyousawtheworld

Alistair Cook is doing to the Aussies what Michael Vaughan did to them 8 years ago. Only on that occasion Michael Vaughan was the only batsman who turned up for England in that series. In fact at this rate Cook will comfortably surpass Vaughan's achievements back then.