✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010/11 Ashes Series

deaths_friend

well we're less than 24hrs away from one of the most eagerly anticipated Ashes series ever. with the aussies struggling and england being the holders and in form team it should be particularly interesting. australia did win 5-0 last time the ashes were held down here but a lot has changed since.

the first test starts on thursday in brisbane and the atmosphere should be incredible with a crowd of over 40 000 expected on the first day.

Australian Team

1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Marcus North, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Xavier Doherty, 10 Peter Siddle, 11 Ben Hilfenhaus.

England Team

1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 James Anderson, 11 Steven Finn.

personally i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if aus loses the first test. the team selections have been very suspect. marcus north, doherty and siddle should not be in the team. north should be replaced with khawaja or steve smith, doherty should be replaced with hauritz and siddle for bollinger.

nevertheless cant wait to see what happens!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
the consensus seems to be if england wins this first test they will retain the ashes. and i think that is very likely.

im going to miss most of the first day because of work :(

Yeah I definitely believe that. Brisbane is such a tough place to play Australia so this first test will be very telling. 50 minutes to go. Let's just hope the first ball of the series isn't as big a failure as Steve Harmison's 4 years ago!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Things have stabilised for England. Good time to catch a few winks now! When I wake up I want to see KP and Cooky still at the crease!

^^

mate you will be sorely dissapointed. all out for 260 with siddle getting a hat trick and 6 wickets. there were half centuries from cook and bell. at stumps aus were 0/25. i would like to think that australia will bat through day 2 and push their score over 300 but you can never tell.

no work for me tomorrow so im hoping to watch the entire days play :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
^^

mate you will be sorely dissapointed. all out for 260 with siddle getting a hat trick and 6 wickets. there were half centuries from cook and bell. at stumps aus were 0/25. i would like to think that australia will bat through day 2 and push their score over 300 but you can never tell.

no work for me tomorrow so im hoping to watch the entire days play :D

Indeed I was surprised and disappointed when I woke up to that news. Not what I expected.

Guest howyousawtheworld
ok here we go again. day 2. hope to see aus still having recognised batsmen out there at stumps.

Started well in the half hour. Bit worried for England's bowlers. Wicket isn't doing so much so far this test.

0/42

a couple of very eventful overs. the ball is coming off the pitch very quickly so the batsman arent having to do much to get runs but the aussies are looking a little nervous because they've a failed to win a few games in the last couple of months after being in a dominant position.

Guest howyousawtheworld
im not worried but i do fear a middle order collapse. it has happened plenty of times this year.

It have to go some to rival Englands. Well I'm off to bed - I hope this time wake up to good news - a catastrophic collapse! But I know it's not going to happen!

5/217

well like i feared there was a collapse and aus were struggling at 5-143 but hussey steadied the ship and we're ok now. all the hussey doubters might shut up now and focus their energy on getting rid of North who has now failed to pass 20 15 times in his last 20 innings, he wouldnt even make the bangladesh team with those figures.

Guest howyousawtheworld
5/217

well like i feared there was a collapse and aus were struggling at 5-143 but hussey steadied the ship and we're ok now. all the hussey doubters might shut up now and focus their energy on getting rid of North who has now failed to pass 20 15 times in his last 20 innings, he wouldnt even make the bangladesh team with those figures.

Damn you Hussey! But is that true about North? That's a shocking statistic! With those figures he'd struggle to get into the Scotland cricket team let alone the Bangladesh squad!