✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My piano cover for Christmas Lights

Shedal

Hi guys! :) I liked the new christmas single so much that I decided to make a piano cover. I learned it by ear, had to spend several evenings for that...

I got even more determined to make a cover after I listened to the existing ones on the YouTube... I find those overly straightforward, and also not very accurate.

I hope you'll like my version better :)

P.S. I mounted the camera on the top, so that anyone who wants to learn this song would see the keyboard and understand what I'm playing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDxzj2LAUI]My piano cover for Christmas Lights[/ame]

TF5092, thanks!

The Champion, thanks! You're right, the "and I'm still waiting" part was the toughest to learn. I'm not sure how to make it better. In the song, it's the piano, the voice and the strings, combined in a weird yet very pleasant harmony... I'd like to play it better. Maybe I need to spend a couple more evenings trying to perfect it :)

^ That made me laugh :lol: Adrienna XD

Shedal yeah I know it's hard. It would be good if you could sing because without, every cover will not be complete unfortunately. I watched a lot of covers and neither one is good if it's about that part. It's really hard to replace the singing and Chris sings this line so weirdly beautiful. Well I'm only playing the piano part because it still sounds wonderful, I play vocal line only in the chorus. I hope you're gonna pefect it and when that happens I want to listen to that again.

Oh and please do the solo too :D

Ok, what I did for now is that I started making a tutrial for this song. You can check out the first part here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yqbuVOV6E]YouTube - How to play Christmas Lights by Coldplay on Piano (Part 1: The Intro)[/ame]