✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Shamed Son of Pink Floyd Guitarist Apologises For Scaling Cenotaph During Protests

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

floydceno415.jpg

The son of Pink Floyd guitarist Dave Gilmour has apologised for climbing on to the Cenotaph during Thursday's tuition fees demonstration.

Charlie Gilmour, 21, a history student at Girton College, Cambridge, could be questioned by police after he was photographed swinging from a flagpole on the monument. A 19-year-old has already been questioned about damage to the Cenotaph.

Mr Gilmour said he was "mortified" by his "moment of idiocy". He added that he wanted to express his "deepest apologies for the terrible insult to the thousands of people who died bravely for our country", and said he did not realise what the monument was.

The musician adopted Charlie upon marrying his mother. "I feel nothing but shame," Charlie Gilmour added. "My intention was not to defile the Cenotaph. Running along with a crowd of people who had just been violently repelled by the police, I got caught up in the spirit of the moment."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/im-sorry-says-son-of-pink-floyd-star-who-scaled-cenotaph-2157415.html

So it turned out it was a Cambridge student/son of a millionaire who committed this offensive act. What a sad little insignifcant individual. You've got to start wondering about how a Cambridge student didn't know what the Cenotaph was and secondly why a silver spoon up his arse/privileged ****** who can easily pay these fees did such a thing.

So it turned out it was a Cambridge student/son of a millionaire who committed this offensive act. What a sad little insignifcant individual. You've got to start wondering about how a Cambridge student didn't know what the Cenotaph was and secondly why a silver spoon up his arse/privileged ****** who can easily pay these fees did such a thing.

You have mega issues about a class system and money.

Guest howyousawtheworld
You have mega issues about a class system and money.

yawn. I merely point out the hypocritical nature of some people. It's pretty sad. But please if you want to comment on the issue do it. If not then please on my account, fuck off. :)

Exactly. If he was unable to work out it was the cenotaph (the flags should have been a big clue in themselves), there is obviously something seriously wrong with the country's education system.:dozey:

And even if he didn't have any idea what it was, what he did to the union flag was totally reprehensible.:(

yawn. I merely point out the hypocritical nature of some people. It's pretty sad. But please if you want to comment on the issue do it. If not then please on my account, fuck off. :)

Well said.:smug:

Exactly. If he was unable to work out it was the cenotaph (the flags should have been a big clue in themselves), there is obviously something seriously wrong with the country's education system.:dozey:

And even if he didn't have any idea what it was, what he did to the union flag was totally reprehensible.:(

Then shouldn't education funding get raised instead of being cut, which ironically was what the protest was supporting

Guest howyousawtheworld

They don't need extra money to be able to learn about the cenotaph. Perhaps primary schools could teach that to kids rather than some of the guff kids are getting taught today.

They don't need extra money to be able to learn about the cenotaph. Perhaps primary schools could teach that to kids rather than some of the guff kids are getting taught today.

Another excellent point. I guess that's also the result when they become addicted to mindless TV shows such as Hannah Montana and X Factor.

The parents have to take a lot of the responsibility too, of course.:dozey:

Another excellent point. I guess that's also the result when they become addicted to mindless TV shows such as Hannah Montana and X Factor.

The parents have to take a lot of the responsibility too, of course.:dozey:

this, what's behind is lot of lack of responsability in society (since the last decades, priorities are misunderstood with rights and so on, words today are messed concepts that everybody use without knowning their meaning most of the time, and politicians used that on their benefit, at least here in Spain), and lot of task to be meant to be learn/taught at/from school, (at least here : making educational laws and never asking teacher's opinion on what they really need and what are the real problems they need to fix, things to imrpove, things to quit).

society is formed by all individuals, and as so we all influence each other for good and bad, so is our responsability as a whole colective to teach well social skills to our kids, problem is due to modern lifestyle kids are not taugh or cared as they should, proof is lot of social disorders that kids have today, that is mostly shown as lacks of respect, lack of affection in other cases, that mostly generate due to their parents works.

there's no point in school telling you what a cenatoph is and that you have to respect it, if at home you listen and see the opposite, same for tv.

is not fair that that particular 'kid' was doing it cause he is son of a rich person, so no point of him to protest due to the fee, true, but he is also part of a generation and can't be off the whole situation, imo.

also from the article's words seems he was just trying to escape in the riot's run, may was unvoluntary.

all i hope is those protests don't go worst and end badly for people.

this, what's behind is lot of lack of responsability in society (since the last decades, priorities are misunderstood with rights and so on, words today are messed concepts that everybody use without knowning their meaning most of the time, and politicians used that on their benefit, at least here in Spain), and lot of task to be meant to be learn/taught at/from school, (at least here : making educational laws and never asking teacher's opinion on what they really need and what are the real problems they need to fix, things to imrpove, things to quit).

society is formed by all individuals, and as so we all influence each other for good and bad, so is our responsability as a whole colective to teach well social skills to our kids, problem is due to modern lifestyle kids are not taugh or cared as they should, proof is lot of social disorders that kids have today, that is mostly shown as lacks of respect, lack of affection in other cases, that mostly generate due to their parents works.

As I said, most of can be traced back to bad or inadequate parenting. Children learn about respect and social responsibility from their parents, not from school.;)

also from the article's words seems he was just trying to escape in the riot's run, may was unvoluntary.

With all due respect, swinging on a flag could never be "involuntary".:dozey:

Maybe you should look up the meaning of 'hypocritical' before you point out anything again.

Well said.:smug:

Here's an example, someone who thinks its disgusting and terrible when I tell someone to fuck off, but when someone tells me to fuck off it turns into a well expressed opinion. Biased as hell.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of 'hypocritical' before you point out anything again.

Here's an example, someone who thinks its disgusting and terrible when I tell someone to fuck off, but when someone tells me to fuck off it turns into a well expressed opinion. Biased as hell.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg