✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Festivus 2010

deaths_friend

i've spent much of my christmas day watching episodes of Seinfeld and i saw that episode about Festivus, which is a way of celebrating the holidays without the usual gift giving and family commitments that come with it. Part of the celebration includes the "Airing of Grievances" where you tell everyone things and people who have disappointed you that year.

i thought we could celebrate the day (which is typically december 23) world of music style by listing the bands/artists who have let you down this year. now i hate to create any negativity around here but i thought this would be interesting. maybe their new album wasnt as good as you expected or you saw them live and they were crap or they collaborated with an artist you really hate.

here is my list

Klaxons

John Butler Trio

Birds of Tokyo

The Dead Weather

MGMT

Are you kiddin me jamie? klaxons is amazing. MGMT non-conformist. I'd say Interpol were poor, as well as the courteeners, Paul smith (Maximo park lead singer).

Oh hahaha sorry I'm just retarded and I barely read the first post. Klaxons' new album is amazing! Perhaps the best album of the year for me.

i think the klaxons and mgmt let me down for the same reasons. both produced incredible indie anthems on their debuts and i expected more of them on their follow ups. instead the new albums felt a little drawn out with the odd great moment. im not saying they were bad albums, i enjoyed both but they both paled in comparisons to their debut efforts.

i think the klaxons and mgmt let me down for the same reasons. both produced incredible indie anthems on their debuts and i expected more of them on their follow ups. instead the new albums felt a little drawn out with the odd great moment. im not saying they were bad albums, i enjoyed both but they both paled in comparisons to their debut efforts.

Pretty hard to produce another mercury-prize winning masterpiece lol but I understand

I thought I would like Hurts cause everyone was raving on about them and it sounded like something I would love and such, but I'm listening to them now and I don't. :sad:

Hurts? WUT. D:

Nah, it's fine. It's just that I'm one of those people that love them. :tongue: In my mind, they're one of the most legit pop groups I've ever heard.

oh i forgot Linkin Park. their new album is probably the worst album i have heard this year.

It seems that their post-Meteora stuff keeps spiralling downward. I liked them a lot better when they weren't so pop-ish.

We did the feats of strength at my house. It was super fun, I dominated. :smug:

That's because you're awesome. :cheesy: