✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Albums Worth Listening To

The Escapist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead, erherher.

Also, not an album, but Daft Punk is apparently going on tour, and I will stab a baby if I can't see them, because Daft Punk is like the best live act ever and I really want to see them before they pass into complete obscurity. I was only 13 during Alive 2007 :( so no ecstasy-ridden thousand-people raves for me :(:(

Also, it annoys me how they make an effort to be "too indie for indie" like really, picking MBDTF as your #1 just because Kanye is so ironically non-indie? you nimrods. meta-indie nimrods. :blank:

(I'm just covering up for the fact that I agreed with their top 3 completely except for the heartbreaking switcheroo they pulled on James Murphy :bigcry:)

At least I don't dress like a hipster. At least I don't dress like a hipster. At LEAST I DON'T DRESS LIKE A HIPSTER.

I keep telling myself that. And it doesn't make the sting go away. It never does. It never, NEVER does.

Wanna borrow my skin-tight jeans? :smart:

Also, it annoys me how they make an effort to be "too indie for indie" like really, picking MBDTF as your #1 just because Kanye is so ironically non-indie? you nimrods. meta-indie nimrods. :blank:

Yeah, I tend to like their reviews but think their lists are sort of a joke.

no that was because it is an extremely good album (rolling stone and heaps of other mainstream lists have had it at number one too??)

but yeah their lists are pretty ridiculous

(I had a ^ here but like 4 people posted in between me seing chris's post and me posting, wtf, and I cbb to quote him, so just @Chris I guess)

Oh GOD. You're right. I own skinny jeans. at least I'm a chick so it's fairly acceptable :sweatdrop: and no black-rimmd glasses and overly stripy clothing for me, no sir. and okay I have some flannel pajamas but pajamas don't count unless I wear them as day clothes ironically, which I don't, I only wear them during the day when I can't be assed to get up in time to both dress and get on the bus.

And yeah, lists are derpy. Reviews are derpy-to-fair with some amazing ones such as this, which had me rofling the whole time I read it http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

Even though it's ironic, it only has one level of irony to it, so I THINK it's somewhat near non-indie? I think? It's so hard to tell. :sad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I]YouTube - Being a Dickhead's Cool[/ame]

To keep this thread somewhat on topic. I've heard good samples from the next mogwai album. And aren't The Strokes releasing something (finally)? That, Explosions In The Sky and Matt Cooper's soundtrack for that James Mercer movie are all I can think of right now. *besides LP8 of course*

And yeah, lists are derpy. Reviews are derpy-to-fair with some amazing ones such as this, which had me rofling the whole time I read it http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

haha, awesome. I've sometimes spent time going through my old favorite albums and then looking up what pitchfork had to say about it. when they disagree with my opinion usually I'm like "WTF!!! what pretentious nonsense!" But when they agree I'm like "THEY KNOW ME BETTER THAN ME!!! :blush: <3<3<3<3

no that was because it is an extremely good album (rolling stone and heaps of other mainstream lists have had it at number one too??)

but yeah their lists are pretty ridiculous

I agree it was awesome, but I didn't consider it to be number one, and I thought they were just picking it more like cuz they're trying to be more alternative than they actually are.

edit: also, Chris, I do that too, stop making me feel even worse about myself :shame: