✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[6-July-2011] Coldplay @ Optimus Alive Festival, Oeiras, Portugal

blue_girl

Little Miss Messy, Raphaele and the other girls i cant remember their names :blush: it was a big honour to meet you all !!:) I hope you enjoyed the gig in lisbon, i think it was really special.

Does anyone else see Phill taking pics and roadie 42 filming the show?

It was so great meeting you too :)

Makes waiting always so much nicer & shorter though I was praying for more clouds. The sun was somehow unbearable at times ... :(

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was there and made it to the front row :D

The whole thing was phenomenal!!! I had tried to lower my expectations so I wouldn't feel sad or anything afterwards but there was no need to because I was blown away from beginning to end.

It's not that strange considering it was my first Coldplay concert. However, I had been following the festivals they played at, watching the livestreams and everything, so I knew what was coming. But I really didn't :)

The setlist was basically the same, except for Shiver, as you know, and that was a complete, pleasant surprise. I couldn't believe they were playing that since we-know-who is always mentioned as being against playing it :P

Speaking of which, I had the misfortune (the only one though) of being in front of the camera and the man blocked my view of Guy for quite some time and of Chris a few times during the show. BUT I don't care because I still got a great experience out of it.

Saw a few roadies I recognized and Phil walked in front of me a couple of times, as he was taking pictures right in front of the stage. Little trivia: he smelled like coffee.

I was so blown away by everything, from the way they sounded so great live, the fact that they seemed genuinely happy and pleased with everything, the crowd that was really good and sang for most of the show (the new songs were not as well-known for most people), the lights, the confettis (I have a few M's and X's :D)......... everything was astonishing and overwhelming. I couldn't ask for a better show, really.

It doesn't matter if it was a truly exhausting day, for me, because in the end, that hour and a half more than made up for everything! I didn't think I could love them more,yet I do. They were truly wonderful.

Tive o mesmo problema que tu! O senhor que estava a filmar tapava-me a vista para o piano e raramente vi o Champion :angry:

Damn, what a concert! :dance: It was my first Coldplay concert! I couldn't believe when I saw them! :awesome: One of my dreams was becaming true!

The crowd was amazing! I was in the second row and everybody around me was jumping and clapping! Me included :D During the most well-known musics like Viva La Vida, Yellow, In My Place, Fix You or The Scientist everybody was singing. It was beautiful! :)

Like other people had already said, most of the crowd didn't knew the lyrics of the news songs but they made a lot of noise clapping and screaming!

The ballons and the confettis were absolutely amazing! The atmosphere was fantastic during that! I brought some confettis and a white ballon :D

In the end of the concert, I was so tired! I think I never had been so tired in my life! But, I didn't care! I was so happy! :D It worth waiting for ten hours under a burning sun! Now, I have a sunburn in my nose :laugh3:

I will try to post some pictures and videos soon :)

PS: I think I saw some of people of this forum!

Little Miss Messy, Raphaele and the other girls i cant remember their names :blush: it was a big honour to meet you all !!:) I hope you enjoyed the gig in lisbon, i think it was really special.

Does anyone else see Phill taking pics and roadie 42 filming the show?

hello blue_girl :) sorry for my english

i was with Raphaele and Lily, Béatrice (CHEVALLIER) and i 've enjoyed +++ the gig was amazing :)

yes, i've see Phil taking a lot of pics

bye !

hello blue_girl :) sorry for my english

i was with Raphaele and Lily, Béatrice (CHEVALLIER) and i 've enjoyed +++ the gig was amazing :)

yes, i've see Phil taking a lot of pics

bye !

Oh :blush: hi! Yeah i only realise it was Phil when he was gone lol at first and because i only see his back, i was thinking why that person could take pics and the others dont lol but well, now i know it was him :P too bad for me

Home again from Portugal and I'm going to share a few more pics though they aren't as 'spectacular' as all the other (semi-)pro photos from people in the photographer pit or being front row center. ;)

I was 'only' second row to the very right side but given this, I am more than pleased with the outcome of my photos :)

Oh ... and I forgot to mention in my review that I was interviewed for portugese TV :laugh:

There was this girl asking fans who they came for and first they interviewed some guys to my left, then the girls in front of me and then me and the 'reporter' was kinda disappointed when I replied to her question that I hadn't made a sign for Chris, as she kept asking everyone whether they had a sign painted for him ... CP is not only Chris, you know ;) :laugh:

Well, I've been told that this station was channel 3 or something but I couldn't remember the name of the programme. Anyone got a clue??

Okay, so here's the promised photos ...

268732_252872964726785_100000122516317_1212273_8365755_n.jpg

264821_252873188060096_100000122516317_1212277_2988173_n.jpg

268151_252876741393074_100000122516317_1212313_8095317_n.jpg

264435_252877328059682_100000122516317_1212315_2106577_n.jpg

268795_252880991392649_100000122516317_1212340_3160818_n.jpg

264528_252881991392549_100000122516317_1212343_5062877_n.jpg

263576_252872574726824_100000122516317_1212267_1165406_n.jpg

Iaaaannnnnnn! if you read this before i get home from work, please can I have this pic on here :)

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/Concert_Reviews_2011

ty ty ty :kiss:

nice piccies Kirsten :D

*haha*

I took it before the set, when everyone was still 'calm' & kinda quiet.

Many of my pics are also blurry not only because of the zoom/distance but because everyone kept jumping up and down and once you've focused, someone 'pushed' you and damn ... the good shot was crap ;) :laugh3:

So this one isn't actually completely in focus, maybe someone else has a similar one or will take one ... :)

hello from Dublin! The portuguese gig was awesome, we were front row right in the middle. The crowd was amazing! You couldn't hear Chris on Yellow:)

I was also interviewed by Portuguese TV:)

I was glad to meet Claudia, Kroket, Rush (sorry I can't remember your names:confused:)

your pics are very nice Kirsten!