✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Workplace Music

Josh42

What kind of music is played at your workplace? How do you feel about it? Do you enjoy it? Do you feel that it makes you work more efficiently? Less?

I work for a smoothie place. Because the store has a sort of tropical/beach theme, reggae music is played in the front of the store. I don't really care for it, and it doesn't affect my work (although I don't do much in the front other than clean and work the cash register). In the back of the store, where I do most of my work, the owners play Indian music from a laptop computer... all I'll say is that Indian music might be the most annoying music on the planet. Some songs last well over 20 minutes, and the choruses are repeated dozens and dozens of times. In the songs, the vocals switch back and forth from what sounds like men singing, to choruses of young children. Me and some of the other workers joke about how bad it is, but fucking hell, it really does make me a less efficient worker. I'm sitting there trying to focus on peeling some damn bananas, but all I can think about is how much I wish the music would stop.

Anyone else suffering from the same problem? I can only imagine how much this must suck for ice cream truck drivers...

I work at a place that provides home help service for elderly which means I get to be outside a lot, and this in turn means that I can listen to anything I wanna listen to on my iPod when I walk from house to house. We dont have any music at the "office", or whatever I should call it, where we eat lunch but there's really no need for it anyway cause there's a lot of talking amongst the staff.

I work in a music shop and we don't have any music played (radio or CDs) how ironic haah....I am happy with that though, because many people try the pianos or guitars and it would be too annoying if there was music in the background...and I find it kinda annoying myself when I serve customers and there is music in the background....

We don't have a radio in the office as the office is in a reception dead-spot (although Classic FM still works, but then Classic FM will probably work on a radio set at the bottom of the sea).

But then I'm often out and about on site so I don't really get the chance to listen to the radio.

Used to work in an Apple Store where they had a pretty decent mix-tape on, some low key contemporary stuff, including Strawberry Swing... worked pretty well, not a big fan of massive 'beats' hitting you on entering any shop. I'm there to buy stuff, not go to a rave.