April 15, 200818 yr I know this is random but in my opinion Johnny B. is one of the greatest guitarists of all time for his ability to create such intersting and incredible guitar parts without going over the top with solos and effects. Its a lot harder than people realize to write songs with smaller guitar parts than it is to just crank up the volume and go. Does anyone agree with that?
April 15, 200818 yr I know this is random but in my opinion Johnny B. is one of the greatest guitarists of all time for his ability to create such intersting and incredible guitar parts without going over the top with solos and effects. Its a lot harder than people realize to write songs with smaller guitar parts than it is to just crank up the volume and go. Does anyone agree with that? I definitly agree. Hes amzing. His hooks always gets you. But I think now he should change as the band are evolving and everything. After this album I think everyone will recognize his genius!
April 15, 200818 yr ^^ cute pics :nice: That's from when they held the web chat with fans. There is a transcript around somewhere. Yeah, I've read the transcript. Damn, that girl was annoying :dozey: I loved Guy's reaction :smug: and how Jonny was so sweet answering people's questions :nice:
April 15, 200818 yr ^^was that the one were people were saying what big fans they were and Guy or Jon asked them to name 3 Coldplay songs and they couldn't do it?? HAHAHAH!
April 16, 200818 yr ^^I like your new avatar... Hey Ravrat, I love your sexy new avatar! Im glad you both like it!:)
April 17, 200818 yr There is a livejournal about JMB, in which a poster named Julia (giulietta) posted these Jonny quotes: "Everytime we play a gig, we can't believe people are coming to see us." - Jonny Interviewer: If you were going to have a secret alter identity, what would it be? Jonny: Sell shoes, I think. I just love shoes you know? I love smelling them, talking about them. Chris: Talking to them? Jonny: Yeah, they’re your only friends sometimes – a good pair of shoes. "Someone did recognise me the other day, but they thought I was Guy." - Jonny "If I could do solos I'd probably be tempted, but I can't. I can't play that quickly. I've been playing for about 12, 13 years. You'd think I'd be able to do it by now." - Jonny Jonny: The most insane aspect of the American tour was actually in Canada, in Toronto... Will: Yeah...mental! Jonny: Me and Will aren't ourselves used to large crowds of people gathering around us, in particular. [they laugh] But we went to a radio station and it was like 200 or 300 people there, it was very strange. They were shouting our names... Something Will said once, that I just love...: "... It's so weird, though. Because the bloke who turns out to be the best guitarist of all of us and probably of anyone there, was the bloke that had his guitar hidden in his cupboard and didn't ever, like, get it out and wasn't ever pushy about his guitaring, you know...your man over there, Jonnyboy. And he was like really quiet and timid and like 'Oh yeah, I play a bit,'. And it was like 'neeu' giving it all this Jimi Hendrix-styley. So that was great, it was really nice, 'cause a lot of people were quite pushy about it and quite over the top and...a bit too cool." - Will Chris: We always touch heads for some reason... Jonny: Yeah, if anyone of us got nits, it would be a nightmare! Chris: We share nits and lice before we go on stage! Will never gets them, 'cause he has a shaved head, though. Jonny: He gets beard ones. "He (Chris) kind of takes all the worrying out of it. He worries for everything before we ever have to. We always think, 'Well, I don't need to worry about it, because Chris has probably been worrying about it for about three weeks' ." - Jonny "Will is the man that says 'no', I'm the man that says 'yes', Guy is the man who says 'maybe' and Chris is the man who says 'what about this..." - Jonny (I am especially intrigued by this last one) Fan: Hi, my name is Lily. I wanted to tell Jonny that I think you're a great guitar player, and I have a huge crush on you. [people cheer] And also, I wanted to know, how did you get started with the Make Trade Fair campaign? K/B: Yeah, that's a good question. [silence] Jonny: Oh me? K/B: Yeah, Jonny. Chris [whispering]: She fancies you, Jon. Jonny: I know...uh. You haven't seen me without clothes. You know, it's really... Fan: I have...I have! Chris: Don't you remember last week? Jonny: That's you? :shocked2:
April 17, 200818 yr ^^aww Lori - good quotes! And with the last one I know you are TOTALLY gutted...it could've been YOU!!!!
April 17, 200818 yr Could somebody pleaes post a link to the webchat that was mentioned above? I've never read that - was it from the old coldplay.com site around AROBTTH era?
April 17, 200818 yr Something Will said once, that I just love...: "... It's so weird, though. Because the bloke who turns out to be the best guitarist of all of us and probably of anyone there, was the bloke that had his guitar hidden in his cupboard and didn't ever, like, get it out and wasn't ever pushy about his guitaring, you know...your man over there, Jonnyboy. And he was like really quiet and timid and like 'Oh yeah, I play a bit,'. And it was like 'neeu' giving it all this Jimi Hendrix-styley. So that was great, it was really nice, 'cause a lot of people were quite pushy about it and quite over the top and...a bit too cool." - WillI don't understand that one...Will was the last to join the band, he joined on the understanding that they needed a drummer :thinking: Chris and Jonny played music together for ages before they became a band so how could Chris not know he played guitar? Seems odd. Fan: Hi, my name is Lily. I wanted to tell Jonny that I think you're a great guitar player, and I have a huge crush on you. [people cheer] And also, I wanted to know, how did you get started with the Make Trade Fair campaign? K/B: Yeah, that's a good question. [silence] Jonny: Oh me? K/B: Yeah, Jonny. Chris [whispering]: She fancies you, Jon. Jonny: I know...uh. You haven't seen me without clothes. You know, it's really... Fan: I have...I have! Chris: Don't you remember last week? Jonny: That's you? I remember this :nice: You know on the DVD documentary when they're on a radio show and Jonny's guitar breaks and he plays it into the microphone? Well that fan was in the audience. I used to have the whole thing on my computer, is gone now though :( Edit: Oooooooh I found it! :dance: It's here and here for your listening pleasure :nice:
April 18, 200818 yr ^^aww Lori - good quotes! And with the last one I know you are TOTALLY gutted...it could've been YOU!!!! Should I be gutted? I was under the impression they were all joking around. But if it was serious, then yeah, I'm gutted. Hot people aren't the only ones who should get what they want. I remember this :nice: You know on the DVD documentary when they're on a radio show and Jonny's guitar breaks and he plays it into the microphone? Well that fan was in the audience. I used to have the whole thing on my computer, is gone now though :( Edit: Oooooooh I found it! :dance: It's here and here for your listening pleasure :nice: Oooo, thanks Mimi! I never heard that part. It seems like they edited out that part about the clothes off. I don't know why. They were just kidding around. Besides, they left in Chris's comment about sleeping with beautiful women the night before. :confused:
April 18, 200818 yr OMG! Daddy Jonny is SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!! :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: OMG, where did you find those pictures!?!?! You are the best! EDIT: Ok I know where you got them now. But thanks for posting them here.
April 18, 200818 yr Johnny looks soooo happy to finally be a Daddy!:) Or hes just happy about how great the new album is:P
April 18, 200818 yr Should I be gutted? I was under the impression they were all joking around. But if it was serious, then yeah, I'm gutted. Hot people aren't the only ones who should get what they want. Oooo, thanks Mimi! I never heard that part. It seems like they edited out that part about the clothes off. I don't know why. They were just kidding around. Besides, they left in Chris's comment about sleeping with beautiful women the night before. :confused: I was sure it was that interview it came from...maybe I was wrong :( Sorry.
Create an account or sign in to comment