✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

End of the UK? Scottish National Party set to push for referendum on independence within 5 years aft

Although the Big Society nonsnse of the current one is frankly just as irritating to hear, I don't like either Party much but don't really consider one to be worse than the other, although one time I will be voting and I will vote Conservative is the London Mayoral elections, Ken Livingstone never should be in charge of anything again.

Although the Big Society nonsnse of the current one is frankly just as irritating to hear, I don't like either Party much but don't really consider one to be worse than the other, although one time I will be voting and I will vote Conservative is the London Mayoral elections, Ken Livingstone never should be in charge of anything again.

Too true! At least Boris is affable! Red Ken is like the prince of darkness!:stunned:

Wasn't Lembik Opik hoping to stand for the LibDems?:P

Guest howyousawtheworld
Because the previous Government did such a stellar job and didn't in any way piss money away on stupid things, didn't arrogantly not listen to the public or anything like that, if anything I feel the Coalition has been more pragmatic in dealing with problems than the previous Labour Government was, I'm not particularly happy with the spending cuts that have been implemented, but some of the last Governments ideas were just quite frankly moronic, ID cards being a good one, or how about Road Pricing.

Too true. I wouldn't trust that lot with a child's piggy bank after what they did to our money. Clearly this is not the way Cameron intended to wield power but circumstances dictated and now he's having to clear up an almighty mess made by Labour. I think Labour's incompetence has made them unelectable for a good while and they're doing a good job at continuing it by having that complete goon in charge of the party

Too true. I wouldn't trust that lot with a child's piggy bank after what they did to our money. Clearly this is not the way Cameron intended to wield power but circumstances dictated and now he's having to clear up an almighty mess made by Labour. I think Labour's incompetence has made them unelectable for a good while and they're doing a good job at continuing it by having that complete goon in charge of the party

Not only that, but while nobody likes cuts, I'm pretty sure that a large percentage or those who have been whinging about them had contributed to the mess for many years by spending money like it was going out of fashion (including buying property they couldn't really afford), recklessly using the credit that was available to them.

Basically a bunch of hypocrites.:angry:

Too true! At least Boris is affable! Red Ken is like the prince of darkness!:stunned:

No Red Ken isn't like the Prince of Darkness, that's far too cool a title for him, what he is , is a odious arrogant smug has been who wants to bring London to its knees with his insane transport policies(blanket 20 MPH speed limit across London, and £25 Congesgtion charge anyone?) because he's an extremely left wing class envious little **** who likes to cosy up to Islamic extremists and Venezuela, most of London HATES the guy and I really hope he will be humiliated at the next election, preferably to the point of topping himself because then he really would be doing some good for London for a change.

Lembik Opik, I don't know what he would be like as Mayor but no one could be worse than Livingstone.

No Red Ken isn't like the Prince of Darkness, that's far too cool a title for him, what he is , is a odious arrogant smug has been who wants to bring London to its knees with his insane transport policies(blanket 20 MPH speed limit across London, and £25 Congesgtion charge anyone?) because he's an extremely left wing class envious little **** who likes to cosy up to Islamic extremists and Venezuela, most of London HATES the guy and I really hope he will be humiliated at the next election, preferably to the point of topping himself because then he really would be doing some good for London for a change.

I get the impression you don't like him very much.:P

However, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I've never liked him. Although they're from totally different backgrounds, he reminds me of Jeffrey Archer in many ways!;)

I get the impression you don't like him very much.:P

However, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I've never liked him. Although they're from totally different backgrounds, he reminds me of Jeffrey Archer in many ways!;)

No I dn't like him, can't stand the guy, on top of how much of an arse he is, he just has one of those smug faces that makes you want to punch it again and again.

Guest howyousawtheworld
As much as I dislike Cameron, I think he's got a point there.

He does have a there does Cameron (it's one more than Gordon Brown ever had at least). I think even Alex Salmond agrees with him on the issue.

Could Brown save Scotland for the UK?: Miliband urges Gordon to stop his old enemy Salmond breaking the Union

By Simon Walters and Glen Owen

Last updated at 12:37 AM on 8th May 2011

article-1384730-02A24E60000004B0-852_233x376.jpg 'Ideal choice': Gordon Brown is poised to fight to stop Scotland winning independence

Gordon Brown is poised to lead the fight to stop Scotland breaking away from England after allies of Ed Miliband urged him to head a campaign against Scotland’s First Minister Alex Salmond.

Buoyed by a runaway victory in the Scottish Parliament elections, Scottish Nationalist leader Mr Salmond plans a referendum on whether Scotland should declare independence from the UK.

Senior Labour sources said the former Labour Prime Minister is the ideal man to take on fellow Scot and long-standing political opponent Mr Salmond.

‘Everyone accepts that the campaign to stop Scotland leaving the Union must be led by Labour because of the deep-seated hostility to the Tories and David Cameron,’ said a leading ally of Labour leader Mr Miliband.

‘No one is better placed to do that than Gordon Brown. He commands immense respect in Scotland and would be more than a match for Mr Salmond.’

Labour sources dismissed claims that Mr Brown could not work with Tories and Liberal Democrats in Scotland also opposed to independence. ‘When Gordon was Prime Minister he recruited several Tories to work with his Government and I can see no reason why he would not be prepared to do the same for a cause he passionately supports,’ said one.

Sources close to Mr Brown said it was too early to say what role he would play in a campaign to stop Scotland leaving the Union.

‘As yet there are no plans for any referendum so it is hard to say what Gordon may do,’ said a source.