✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do we know?

oldmuckers

Im sorry if I missed the answer to this question somewhere along the way (i really do try to look before i post) but I have been wondering about one thing:

where was it said that Major Minus is the same song that was once know as Up With the Birds? I know when it was first played live we were calling it Up With the Birds by mistake and that when we got the live feed and we saw the name was actually Major Minus we of course started calling it that...

... but beside our initial mistake on the title of this song have we had any proof that this is the same song that may have once been called Up With the Birds? Or was it always Major Minus and Up With the Birds has always been another song all together?

I seem to remember an interview where Chris said that UWTB could end up a duet and MM hardly matches this desrciption unless it was changed drasticly which is of course possible...

can anyone shed any light on this for me?

well, i wasn't actually a part of the speculation on the song titles right after the first festival, but the way i see it, people just guessed that the song was Up With the Birds, but then we were informed that it is actually Major Minus.

i'm guessing that it never changed, that Up With the Birds is a different song and it could still end up being one of the other songs on LP5. :shrug:

well, i wasn't actually a part of the speculation on the song titles right after the first festival, but the way i see it, people just guessed that the song was Up With the Birds, but then we were informed that it is actually Major Minus.

i'm guessing that it never changed, that Up With the Birds is a different song and it could still end up being one of the other songs on LP5. :shrug:

I also think that Up With The Birds will be another possible contender for a song on LP5. The only reason that people suspected that this song was UWtB is because that was one of the few song titles we knew (we got an entire list of them from the 60 Minutes interview back in 2008/9)

Although now that you say UWtB was a possible duet . . . could Up With The Birds have been changed to Us Against The World?

^I think not, because Us against the world was present among the possible songtitles for Lp5 in the South bank show: http://www.wikicoldplay.com/index.php/LP5#Possible_LP5_songs_-_found_on_the_South_Bank_Show_.28September_2009.29

I would respectfully like to inform you that is untrue. Someone keeps adding all the songs we're finding out more recently to that list for some reason. (Except for Major Minus and Charlie Brown which had been Cartoon Heart :P) I'm not sure why but it is what it is. I still have the original list saved as a Microsoft Word doc. from two years ago. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Hurts Like Heaven, Princess of China, Up with the Birds and Us Against the World were NOT songs confirmed by the South Bank Show. They were all discussed/talked about much later. Additionally, the rest of the titles were originally there.

I was actually wondering this same question. I see no relation between Major Minus and Up with the Birds and I have no clue where that idea came from. I'm very curious to know as well.

In a past interview Chris said something like 'Up With The Birds is all Jonny, it only has 2 chords.' Major Minus certainly has more than 2 chords so it is likely that it has never been known as Up With The Birds at any point. I think some fans referred to Major Minus as Up With The Birds because they didn't have anything else to call it. There's isn't any references to 'Up With The Birds' in the lyrics either.