✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Back to the Future..

ticking_clocks

Hey fellow Coldplayers! Well this is my first thread, so forgive me if my ideas aren't that great. Well I was just sitting here listening to the new songs and watching some live videos, and I had this vision, Ok I'm exaggerating, but I still had this awesome thought! So there has been talk that LP5 could possibly be a concept album of sorts, well heres my vision of it:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Coldplay has started every concert this festival tour with the Back to the Future theme. I think the theme of time travel would help to piece together songs about UFO's, Aliens and space, with songs about graffiti, rebellion or even further back like the whole "Once upon a time" thing from PoC. I think there will also be songs of a more personal nature like UATW, which ultimately leads us to the conclusion that amongst all the "chaos" and craziness of what's going on, this is just a story about friends and of course, love.

I also believe there will be some sort of antagonist, some sort of enemy trying to "Hurt, hurt me bad" But in the end they'll raise the flag, victorious. In the end after all the "time traveling" they'll realize they're just "Car Kids" in other words, we survived what the world had to throw at us, we don't belong in space, just driving their cars, and friendship was what got them through it all. Anyways, I have much more details in my head of how the story could go, but it's way to much to write at 1 in the morning, so heres my DREAM tracklist, ya'll can make the rest up as you please.

THIS IS JUST MY FANTASY, and I think it be pretty awesome

1. MX (1:37)

2. Hurts like Heaven (4:11)

3. Alien Radio(3:35)

4. Princess of China(3:01)

5. Don't let it break your heart(4:38)

6. Us Against the World(3:30)

7. Monday UFO(3:58)

8. Charlie Brown(4:06)

9. Love in a Lethal Dose(4:45)

10. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall(4:03)

11. Space Symphony (4:01)

12. CK (Car Kids) (2:12)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah everything is still just speculation at this point, but I have quite an imagination, lol. And as someone else said in another thread, speculating and talking about what we would like is a good way to pass the time so we don't go crazy waiting, I know the boys won't disappoint :-)

P.S Thanks for the feedback dream.

^^ Thanks, just a little something I thought up. That and I was watching back to the future today! :P

Great choice! It's my favourite film of all time, which is why I think it's great that Chris happens to love it too!:cool:

He's clearly a kindred spirit!:P

Great choice! It's my favourite film of all time, which is why I think it's great that Chris happens to love it too!:cool:

He's clearly a kindred spirit!:P

And I thought I had a good imagination:D Yes, Back to the Future is one of the greats. Along with Star Wars(Originals), which would make me really happy if the album was about space AND time. :cool:

Where did you get all those song titles and lengths from?

Well some are songs we've heard live already, and of course ETIAW is already released. The others are rumored songs, read right before in my post, its just my "dream" tracklist. The length is just to show that we could easily get an album with 12 or more songs that's still around 42 minutes long, the lengths are also invented for the purpose of my idea. Sorry if I misled you in anyway :(

And I thought I had a good imagination:D Yes, Back to the Future is one of the greats. Along with Star Wars(Originals), which would make me really happy if the album was about space AND time. :cool:

I couldn't agree more. I loved Star Wars IV-VI too. That trilogy is also in my top five! Episodes I-III were a big disappointment, though.:dozey:

^ :lol: Maybe that's why I liked it? Plus I'm pretty sure that little boy that played Anakin is a clone of my friend's little brother. It's scary how much alike they look :stunned:

You'd better hope he doesn't turn into Darth Vader, then!:P

Sweet my thread has a pic of darth vader! When I made this thread I had no idea it would become a Star Wars Discussion, lol. Maybe Chris can incorporate a little Star Wars into LP5? Why not? :cool:

Definitely. Maybe "Viva La Vida" was really supposed to be "Viva La VADER"!!:P