• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

I'm using it for a different song now. I like this new one. Since I single now, I'm figured its time to start fresh. Because I really do feel different now. So here's to a new beginning. And to my new song, New Era.

Another day gone by

Have you seen the sky

Its such a beautiful sight

But its time to start new tonight

Take this heart, and make it beat again

Take these eyes, and turn them green

Make this skin and bone, the best you've ever seen

Take this now, Take this now and make it last until the end

Sun rising

So mesmerizing

A drop in the ocean

Blues tides forever by your side

Its a quiet riot, a dance in the dark

Take my hand, we're leaving the start

I'm been looking across, the bay every night

Watching your green light

Illuminate the night

And its such a beautiful sight

And its such a beautiful sight

[Awesome guitar solo to end the song...]

:nod: I like that. First verse Reminds me of Yahweh :awesome:

Glowing In The Dark

(Rename)

A picture paints a thousand words

But still you are my everything

You are my world

My eyes have reddened and blurred

And it hurts to know

That you need what your heart deserves

Were we made for this

I wish I knew

The science behind the solace

Only time can heal our wounds

But saying goodbye always comes to quick to soon

And deep down

Where actions define our sounds

My heart's still beating to what it surrounds

And maybe one day it'll come back around

The road may never end

And I may lose my way again

But I'll follow the voice guiding the way

Is it me or you I wish I could say

Were we made for this

I wish I knew

The science behind the solace

Only time can heal our wounds

But saying goodbye always comes to quick to soon

My soul's been unheard

I don't want you to feel concerned

My eyes may have blurred

But I hope you heart gets what it deserves

2 more days then finals week. My friend and I are thinking about forming a band together, we have some songs we wrote. We think we should call ourselves Violet Hill :lol: :rolleyes:

My feelings right now. :blank:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWodWSQGa7w]Noel Gallagher - Don't Go Away (Acoustic: Chicago '98) *Oasis* - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds great! So you liked it? :P

So I had to do this assignment for my World Music class. The topic is, What is music to you? I feel like posting it here and ask you guys now, what is music to you?

It's a lengthy read :rolleyes:

My Music Statement

Music to me is a lifestyle. It starts off when I wake up the morning. I don’t know what kind of music I might listen to that day. In a way it’s like an adventure from beginning to end. You don’t know where it will take you. That is the exciting part, you have no idea where the road will take you. You can just let yourself go. Music to me is when you can get out of your head, and go into your heart. I know that no matter where I go, I will take something out of it and remember it forever. Sometimes it can create a thread between you and the music. Which in a sense, is like abandoning your needs and wants and letting them go so you can be truly free to embody the sounds, the visions and the feelings you get from the music. In this music class, I never really thought about other cultures’ music. I always had a feeling that it was unique but never in the way I was exposed to it in this class. In this class, I was exposed to things that I had never heard before. After a while I started forgetting about the differences between our culture and the culture we were studying. Music is a universal language, and almost everyone can speak it. It doesn’t matter if you can play instruments or not, you can listen to the sounds coming alive and you can feel the sense of purpose behind the music. That feeling is like no other and it really does make me feel closer to what I love.

Usually, when we get out of class at noon, I can’t wait to get home and play my guitar. Usually most people would go home and do something else non music related, I love music, this what I want to do in life. I taught myself how to play guitar, and am in the process of learning piano and bass. If i showed you the notes section in my iPod, you would see a bunch of lyrics to a lot of songs that I wrote. Music 8 has exposed me to things I never would have listened to. This has influenced me in how I write music and how I play. It’s like flipping a switch and letting yourself go. You could visit places where no one has gone before. To me, playing music is something I want to do until the end of my days. I am constantly thinking about it. Music has shaped me into who I am today. My favorite bands, Coldplay, U2, Snow Patrol, Oasis, have influenced my views on music. I really do think that music is like space. We have only visit the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to see. The pictures we receive from the telescopes are like what musicians play on their guitars. Music to me is a universal feeling that connects us all as human beings. Am I a talented singer or guitar player or piano layer? No, but I love playing and writing music that no matter what obstacle gets in my way, I can learn how to overcome it. My favorite song at the moment is Don’t Let It Break Your Heart by Coldplay. To me this song speaks to me about never giving up in the face of adversity. Lyrics are not just a way for the listener to hear the artist, but to connect with them and anyone else who feels the same as they do. I am so grateful for everything I learned in World Music and everything that you taught us. It was an eye opening experience I will never forget. I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow morning to find out where music will take me next.

So I am going to tell a story. About two years ago when I was in school for my associate degree, I bumped into this girl waiting in a line to buy some books, and we both discovered we were from the same home-town (but both obviously moved to the same location.). We had a nice discussion from what little I remember. She has been on my mind on and off and I saw that she reappeared at a grocery store I sometimes go to as an employee. I've known this for awhile (let's say a year), but we never really talked and or just didn't ever start up anything. Well, Sunday morning I felt compelled to do something, so I woke up around 10 A.M., took a shower, wrote my name and number on a piece of paper, and headed out. I don't know what it was, but I somehow knew she would be there, and she was. I grabbed a few items that I needed anyway and set out for the check-out line, and I started a conversation with her, saying you're from my hometown right? Her face lit up and said yeah, I've seen you in here a few times, I said yeah, I remember you from college as well-- then I said but that was about two years ago. So we're going through the check-out process, and I pull the piece of paper out and hand it to her, and she takes it and sets it down, in a sort of confirmational way if you will. I then said that I'd really like to get to know her, and she said okay in kind of a strange way that I didn't know how to read, and then off I went. She seemed very surprised and caught off guard, but I don't know exactly how to think about this situation or whether it was positive or not.

I don't have much relationship experience at all, and certainly very little when it comes to asking a girl out. I've just never had the guts for some reason, and finally said to myself enough was enough, going to do this. In this technological world, I feel a lot of people hide behind the internet to ask tough questions or do tough things. Whether it's using Facebook to ask someone out, or breaking up for that matter. I am happy that I was able to confront her face to face, it meant a lot to myself and hopefully makes things a little easier for me for now on. As for whether she has contacted me. Well, it's Monday evening and I haven't heard anything yet. I kind of go through bits of happiness and then sadness. Happy that maybe she will and that I was able to conquer a fear at least this one time, and sad that I haven't heard anything or if I will, etc.

Anyway, if anybody is interested in knowing how it ends, I will keep updated if fellow coldplayer lounge lurkers want me to.

It sounds like you know each other well. I wouldn't think it was weird. Maybe the next best thing would have been to ask if she wanted to grab a coffee sometime? You probably was caught off guard. If she really likes you, she will respond. If she is hesitant, she might like you but found the way you gave her your number weird. I don't think its weird, you sir are very brave though. I hope it works out.

I've been addicted to this song and band the past few days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzdPeMQSPqM]Anywhere But Here - SafetySuit - YouTube[/ame]