✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

guys guys guys

hotdensestate

I have about $50 to spend on reasonably nice headphones. (But not the fucking ridiculous kind that cost much more than said $50 I am willing to pay.) Everyone here listens to music so you all should suggest reasonably nice headphones that I could buy and yeah.

I want the kind that goes over your ears and blocks out a lot of sound really well because I live in a noisy house and it sucks trying to do homework during the day in here because our birds will never shut up. So don't be like, "ooh I bought these really nice earbuds at such-and-such a time" because I don't want earbuds, I want headphones that make everything quiet. (And play well with nice clear bass and all that jazz.)

If this belongs in the Technology section I'm sorry but nobody ever looks there. So I put it here.

I was thinking about getting a $50 pair of Sony noise-cancelling headphones but then I realized that I think noise-cancelling headphones a) according to my audiophile friend ruin sound quality and b) don't even work for intermittent sounds anyway (only for background hums and things like that) so they wouldn't be very helpful unless my birds were screeching absolutely constantly (which thankfully they don't do nor have ever done). So those are out, but I still have $50 to spend on reasonably nice non-noise-cancelling headphones (but I still want headphones that passively block out a lot of noise anyway).

I use Sennheiser HD 202's, I think that's about your price range

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-202-II-Headphone/dp/B003LPTAYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312137043&sr=8-1]Sennheiser HD 202 II Closed Back On-ear Stereo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

There are probably a few newer models since then but for an entry-level pair I don't have any complaints.

I've heard a lot of really good things about Sennheiser headphones. How long have you had them? One of the things I'm most concerned about is the wires getting worn through (because that happens to every pair of earbuds I've ever had within usually a few months) and also about the headband part on top snapping (because my friends say that isn't uncommon for cheap full-size headphones). Also, does it sit on your ears or actually seal around them? I'd rather have the kind that seal around your ears just because in my experience they block out noise so much better than on-the-ear headphones, but what I've been finding while researching is that it's really hard to find the kind that seal that are also durable and with good sound quality in my budget range so I'm thinking I might get on-the-ear ones.

Also, does it sit on your ears or actually seal around them? I'd rather have the kind that seal around your ears just because in my experience they block out noise so much better than on-the-ear headphones

6291d1248953310-gambar-lucu-huge-headphones.jpg_thumb.jpg

This should do the trick.

I use Sennheiser CX 300-II in ear-phones and they are quite good at reducing outdoor noises via pieces of rubber which fit inside your ear. Proberly newer ones have been released since then as I got them a few years ago, but they get my thumbs up.

why does this thread sound so familiar

I use Sennheiser HD 202's, I think that's about your price range

Sennheiser HD 202 II Closed Back On-ear Stereo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

There are probably a few newer models since then but for an entry-level pair I don't have any complaints.

I use Sennheiser CX 300-II in ear-phones and they are quite good at reducing outdoor noises via pieces of rubber which fit inside your ear. Proberly newer ones have been released since then as I got them a few years ago, but they get my thumbs up.

I don't think I've seen this brand in any store. Ever. I might need to check them out.

Bah, the men's one is so much more radical and deserving of want.

I have to agree there. The killer is that white light permanently emits from inside the ear piece, though it is highly radioactive who gives a fuk its LOLZ

designyourownheadphones2-small.jpg

I don't think I've seen this brand in any store. Ever. I might need to check them out.

I just remember them from music class when we had to be very very careful with them because they were expensive, I turned mine into above picture.