✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Xyloto... Anyone?

bdevil89

Just was browsing youtube and stumbled upon this youtube video made about a year ago - very insider look at recording process of Coldplay's album -

Well they are using xylophones for sure and perhaps part of the title having xylo in it (or not) -

anyway, check out the piano behind chris, is that an early incarnation of the current one used for the festival - also remember them asking someone to build them a solar system or something space related to inspire them during the recording of the album.

That and with the back to the future theme song points us into the future and perhaps outer space.

I can't wait for the tracklist seriously, there could be some real surprises -

here's the video, wonder what people think - it's cool seeing the actual recording process, is that jonny off camera playing a little fuzz guitar? I think Guy messes up a little on the xylo or just misses his mark, or perhaps that was intentional.

Check it out: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1aCaSkad8&feature=related]Coldplay in the Beehive 2010-08-29 Guy & Chris playing xylophone - YouTube[/ame]

Just was browsing youtube and stumbled upon this youtube video made about a year ago - very insider look at recording process of Coldplay's album -

Well they are using xylophones for sure and perhaps part of the title having xylo in it (or not) -

anyway, check out the piano behind chris, is that an early incarnation of the current one used for the festival - also remember them asking someone to build them a solar system or something space related to inspire them during the recording of the album.

That and with the back to the future theme song points us into the future and perhaps outer space.

I can't wait for the tracklist seriously, there could be some real surprises -

here's the video, wonder what people think - it's cool seeing the actual recording process, is that jonny off camera playing a little fuzz guitar? I think Guy messes up a little on the xylo or just misses his mark, or perhaps that was intentional.

Check it out:

Uou Chris, nice outfit.

my favorite thing is the old-school projector in the background :nod:

Actually I was just thinking the other day that people should go through the prior Studiofeeds now that things have been released, see if they can notice things that are familiar now (that weren't before).

Listening to MX on youtube - you totally hear the xylophones, but the melody in this vid is clearly some other song/melody - I hope the track Mylo Xyloto is a full track, and not 30s intro to Hurts like Heaven a la Life in Technicolor. The opening sounds amazing, ethereal and deserving of a longer track length. Can't wait to see the tracklisting.