OMG I THINK WE'RE HAVING AN EARTHQUAKE RIGHT NOW

NumbersGirl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on CNN, 5.8 earthquake in Virginia

Are you ok?

In Virginia? I wouldn't think we could feel that from here.

Although I heard there was another one in Colorado yesterday.

2012 must me starting early. :nod:

Yeah I'm okay. Building hasn't collapsed yet. :tongue: It's not bad here, it just feels weird having the building swaying ever so slightly.

(from local Detroit news)

5.9 earthquake in Virginia shakes East Coast; tremors felt in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing

WASHINGTON — A 5.9 magnitude earthquake centered northwest of Richmond, Va., shook much of Washington, D.C., and was felt as far north as Rhode Island and New York City -- and across Michigan.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake was 3.7 miles deep. Shaking was felt at the White House and all over the East Coast, as far south as Chapel Hill, N.C. Parts of the Pentagon, White House and Capitol were evacuated. The quake was in Mineral, Va., in Louisa County.

Around 2 p.m., Connie Burke said she felt the Renaissance Center bounce for about 15 seconds from her desk on the 38th floor of Tower 100.

“I was moving up and down like I was in one of those kids’ bouncy houses,” she said. High up in the RenCen, “we feel the swaying on windy days, but this was big. I’ve felt things like this before in my time here in Michigan, but never anything like this.”

I saw in Billy`s Facebook too.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_big.php

Latest Earthquakes in the World

Jeremyy what's your facebook name lmao :P

yeah, it's a cool way to know what happens there[/color]

I'll know to post news more frequently then :awesome:

If you too wish to follow me on facebook click the links below :lol: I hope everyone's ok

My God...I live in Culpeper County...just north of the epicenter...

My room is a total mess and our house seriously felt like it was going to collapse.

Oh my goodness, thankfully you are okay!

I wonder if that would damage gas and water lines. If at any point you smell gas in the area... get out of there quick.

Oh my goodness, thankfully you are okay!

I wonder if that would damage gas and water lines. If at any point you smell gas in the area... get out of there quick.

Yeah..we're all good. I was luckily next to the door when it happened so I ran outside after like 10 seconds. At first I though something was falling down our stairs so that's why I waited.

I'll keep an eye (nose) out for that. Things are way worse in town. Our city isn't built for these kind of things....

Luckily FB lit up with people saying they were ok but their rooms were a mess. :laugh3: