✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

OMG I THINK WE'RE HAVING AN EARTHQUAKE RIGHT NOW

NumbersGirl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in the business and economics stronghold and felt nothing.

directionsimage.jpg

apparently, the stupid earthquake set off alarms all over campus and a few buildings got evacuated because of it. nobody who was inside really felt anything.

except for my boyfriend, who made a point to tell me he was pooping at the time.

i was in the business and economics stronghold and felt nothing.

directionsimage.jpg

apparently, the stupid earthquake set off alarms all over campus and a few buildings got evacuated because of it. nobody who was inside really felt anything.

except for my boyfriend, who made a point to tell me he was pooping at the time.

LMFAO ^ Well they dont call it a "Stronghold" for nothing :P

Northern NJ is connected to Southern NJ with some really nifty shock absorbers. We try and keep it a secret, it's a quake-free zone. ;):P You can read about it in the Encyclopedia Galactica, the unedited version. You see you people who use the hitchhiker's guide, you're just missing it! It's under tectonics, the engineered plates spinning beneath the crust, and which ones are properly balanced. And without balance, it's a bumpy ride!

Give me a date and I'll see if it's true first hand...if you know what i mean :P...if not DW should be a hint :awesome:

I'm basically on the vertical half line of NJ, and north. :nod:

But I don't see how my brother, in our house several hundred yards from where we were practicing, could have felt the earthquake when I didn't. :shifty:

where you on grass? maybe someone was playing the drums too loud XD

5.9 is nothing :phu:
It's all relative, of course.

Apparently people in California said the same thing... one even tweeted "My phone's vibrate setting is stronger than that." :lol:

But considering that pretty much never happens on the East Coast (the last one like that was something like 70 years ago), most people have never experienced anything like that. People close to the epicenter were like what da fuh...

There was a scientist on the news last night explaining the difference between East Coast and West Coast earthquakes, it was really interesting! There's a whole bunch of little plates on the West Coast, so when there's an earthquake it dissipates into all of the little plates. On the East Coast, it's one huge plate so when the whole thing shifts, that's why people from so far away can feel it. Not to mention most buildings on the East Coast aren't built to handle earthquakes. If it had been much stronger, lots of buildings probably would have crumbled to the ground (according to that scientist).

Oh how cute, on the news they just said that the lemurs at the National Zoo started "alarm calling" 15 minutes BEFORE the earthquake hit. :cheesy:

> see, now this really is interesting! Those Lemurs must have some senses for something we haven't caught onto yet. They say pets in California get anxious before a quake as well - wonder what they're sensing?