✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite Catchphrase

Wickett

Similar to having the three track names that begin with L on the VLV album, and now 3 that start with U on MX, I also noticed something about the VLV album that looks like it may be carrying over into MX.

Strawberry Swing, Life In Technicolor ii, and Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, all use the phrase "Now my feet won't touch the ground". Is it possible that they are doing the same thing on MX except now with the phrase "Us against the world"?

Similar to having the three track names that begin with L on the VLV album, and now 3 that start with U on MX, I also noticed something about the VLV album that looks like it may be carrying over into MX.

Strawberry Swing, Life In Technicolor ii, and Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, all use the phrase "Now my feet won't touch the ground". Is it possible that they are doing the same thing on MX except now with the phrase "Us against the world"?

yeah, Us against the world seems to be the recurring phrase so far :P

"Now my Feet won't touch the Ground" was on the Prospekt March EP maybe they put "Us against the World" on the following Ep if there's one or on the B-Side of a Single.

do you really think they do this kind of stuff? do you think that they pay attention of that and plan such things? really,some of you guys worry me with your statements about speculation. I can't wait for the album to come out so these things can stop.

do you really think they do this kind of stuff? do you think that they pay attention of that and plan such things? really,some of you guys worry me with your statements about speculation. I can't wait for the album to come out so these things can stop.

:nod:

What I hate the most are speculations like "if we take every first letter from every word in R42's last blog, we get the lyrics of the next single!"... of course I made this one up but I've read silly things like that...

It isn't so much having to know every little thing. This is all part of the overall theme of the album.

Besides, I have no doubt that they notice this stuff. I like to write poetry, and I immediately know when I've found a catchphrase that I like to use. There's no doubt Coldplay didn't realize they had used "Now my feet won't touch the ground" three times last go around.

Yeah but then it will all start again for LP6!!!

I think I will projectile vomit if such a thing happens. I cannot stand the recycling of lyrics that has happened in the past, it smells mightily of lack of effort to use another phrase to fit in.

I think it happened in X&Y too to some extent and it makes me the not happy.

it smells mightily of lack of effort to use another phrase to fit in.

Sorry, but that sounds silly to me.

The Viva era represents 19 songs. The average song has, I suppose, around 30 verses. That makes around 570 verses. "Now my feet won't touch the ground" is used, apart from the song itself, 3 times.

So. After writing 567 verses, I think the band wouldn't mind writing 3 other ones that would be totally different. But if they choose to use this one 3 times, I think that the reason is that it means something for them, thematically.

Sorry, but that sounds silly to me.

The Viva era represents 19 songs. The average song has, I suppose, around 30 verses. That makes around 570 verses. "Now my feet won't touch the ground" is used, apart from the song itself, 3 times.

So. After writing 567 verses, I think the band wouldn't mind writing 3 other ones that would be totally different. But if they choose to use this one 3 times, I think that the reason is that it means something for them, thematically.

It's not a matter of mathematical calculations or whatever, it's that it sticks out a fair bit. Le sigh.

It's just that I really liked how with Viva they started telling stories with the whole era, and I feel like it really was a good idea to link the songs all together at some point.

Anyway, my point is that to me it's a bit unfair to say that it was some kind of lack of effort. It's at least an attempt to write songs differently. Whether they succeeded or not, that's another question.

Actually I think they just miss the creativity at some point.

Something symilar happened in X&Y era when both "Speed of Sound", "Talk" and '"The World Turned Upside Down" came with that "puzzle and missing piece" thing.

Talk: "Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?"

Speed: "But others are puzzles, puzzling me"

TWTUD: "365 degrees, I am a puzzle, you're the missing piece"

But, as the "my feet won't touch the ground" phrase, known very before (since the ancient "No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground"), the puzzles were grown in 2004 as they were born in 2001 with "The Scientist". It goes "[...] pulling the puzzles apart".

So I'll stick with the opinion that it is just a lack of inspiration... nothing purposeful.