✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I wish it was slowed down slightly

bedtime83

It depends on the performance. Have you seen all of the performances of the song? Some sound great. But yes, a few of them sound incredibly rushed. Glastonbury's performance sounded like a kid rushing through a monologue at his class exam. It was a jumble, could barely hear what was going on at all.

The album version likely is I think, a lot of Coldplay's faster songs get sped up in concert. Violet Hill is a good example. It'd be about 2:40 seconds at Glastonbury if they didn't extend it at the end.

I think they were just really pumped for Glastonbury and HLH being right out of the gate probably had the adrelline flowing most of all.

It's pretty slow at iTunes, which I'm guessing will be close to the final speed.

But I actually like it even when it's ridiculously rushed. Rock Am Ring is also pretty fast, and I just love that feeling of.......what is most comparable to skydiving or biking down a hill.

Frenetic is the word you are looking for I think.

Frenetic - Fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way (Dictionary.com)

I actually prefer it that way too, I just wish I could understand the lyrics a little better when it's that way. The fast pace just fits the song.

It's pretty slow at iTunes, which I'm guessing will be close to the final speed.

But I actually like it even when it's ridiculously rushed. Rock Am Ring is also pretty fast, and I just love that feeling of.......what is most comparable to skydiving or biking down a hill.

That's exactly what I envision when listening to the live version :D

I honestly think it is the same...because the Moving man walks IN TIME, and that is a video. Plus there is a backing track that I am sure is on the album. Its like a metronome. I think that what we have heard in the concerts is the time...and I really ahvent noticed a difference in time between all of the live versions, but that may be just me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

If you slowed this song down you'd kill a lot of the fun out of it. Not cool. Not cool at all.