✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Brian May Comments On Driven By You Sample Use

DefDazz

And no he isn't going to sue! :)

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Sun 30 Oct 11

COLDPLAY SAMPLES DRIVEN BY YOU

Just a word about the Coldplay news, in case there's any doubt.

Yes - Chris rang me up a couple of months ago and asked me if they could use that very small vocal sample from "Driven by You".

I was pleased to say yes. It's a great track - very innovative - and I'm well happy to be a part of it.

Coldplay seem to have opened another door and walked straight through. I take my hat off to them.

Bri

--------

All his words on his Soapbox section.

Good to hear. See, this is what I don't get; if Coldplay have had a history of calling up artists or mailing them letters asking for permission to sample their songs, why wouldn't they ask Satriani or this Vietnamese singer? Why would Coldplay knowingly sample their songs without asking if they had a history of asking everyone else. Just doesn't make sense, and because of this, I would think it was just a coincidence.

Good to hear. See, this is what I don't get; if Coldplay have had a history of calling up artists or mailing them letters asking for permission to sample their songs, why wouldn't they ask Satriani or this Vietnamese singer? Why would Coldplay knowingly sample their songs without asking if they had a history of asking everyone else. Just doesn't make sense, and because of this, I would think it was just a coincidence.

Yeah the whole Satriani thing is bull. I think he was just trying to make a quick buck.

Exactly! And that sample is such a small, tinny thing too. So I don't understand how they would not do the same for a big sample/music/chord/whatever.

:inquisitive: