✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Happy Nicolas Day

Jewel

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errrrm, it's a bit like a tiny Christmas. Nicolas looks exactly like Santa Claus, but he has a different name and he has a staff.

Here it's a kind of tradition that you put a boot or some other shoe in front of your door at night and when you check the next morning there's something in it if you've been a good girl/boy. :D

And when I was small we used to have a kind of Nicolas party for kids with some guy of our village dressed as Nicolas. Then we all had to learn a song or a poem by heart (I hated that part lol) and show Nicolas what we learned. And at the end we got some lil pressie or chocolates. And you could sit on Nicolas' lap if you wanted, but I never wanted to, I was scared of the staff I guess. :lol: But I was a good girl, really. :wink3:

Errrrm, it's a bit like a tiny Christmas. Nicolas looks exactly like Santa Claus, but he has a different name and he has a staff.

Here it's a kind of tradition that you put a boot or some other shoe in front of your door at night and when you check the next morning there's something in it if you've been a good girl/boy.

And when I was small we used to have a kind of Nicolas party for kids with some guy of our village dressed as Nicolas. Then we all had to learn a song or a poem by heart (I hated that part lol) and show Nicolas what we learned. And at the end we got some lil pressie or chocolates. And you could sit on Nicolas' lap if you wanted, but I never wanted to, I was scared of the staff I guess. But I was a good girl, really.

wonderful story...and i'm sure you were always a good girl! :wink3: :lol: ALWAYS! :lol: :cool: but lately turned bad! :wink3: :lol:

hmmm that's how x-mas got started in the new world then, i guess...but they moved the date up to dec. 25 and got it all mixed up with jesus' birth and stuff...i never did get why u put up stockings and stuff when it's jesus' b-day that one celebrates! lmao

<<<< dumbass :lol: