[ame=http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5Jz5XrE5Q]In My Place[/ame]

Major Minus

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhkmaSCSRAI[/ame]

Yellow

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNrO4GhxwtQ[/ame]

Violet Hill

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3Nbsb2ess]Coldplay Violet Hill - Live - YouTube[/ame]

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnLrhq-WYvA]Coldplay - "God Put A Smile On Your Face", Scotia Bank Saddledome, Calgary AB 04.18.12 - YouTube[/ame]

Princess Of China

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LYWUvuxi5A]Princess of China- Coldplay live - YouTube[/ame]

Up In Flames

Warning Sign

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWiBZc4Fk30[/ame]

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da95sSiBM04]Warning Sign & Don't Let It Break Your Heart[/ame]

(after Warning Sign)

Viva La Vida

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy01mEFB_8]Coldplay Viva La Vida - Live - YouTube[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wyDEfDcXA[/ame]

Paradise

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wixQ0Vf2FoI[/ame]

Us Against The World

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxcq5I01FI[/ame]

Clocks

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBeFCeINJo[/ame]

Fix You

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBsKXzrcTIc[/ame]

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabW-UoqVPg[/ame]

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up early this morning to pick up tickets online.

Thanks to a bad connection, all the good seats slipped away without enough time to type the stupid security code.. SO, i panicked and went for the vip tour tix, secured a pair, but decided not to pay 275 per ticket. Checked all the options again, and they're all sold out even vip tours.. :( SO i panicked again, and purchased vip party tickets instead.. I'm not gonna lie, price was pretty steep.. but it's only money... I Can't wait!

Reasons to like Coldplay: Calgary Herald offer some festive cheer with a seasonal article

Reasons to like Coldplay: Calgary Herald offer some festive cheer with a seasonal article

Offering some festive cheer in the way of a Coldplay article (and almost previewing their forthcoming show on April 18th) are the Calgary Herald, who write this entitled 'Reasons to like Coldplay'. We couldn't think of a better way to say merry Christmas than this. So enjoy the article and... merry Christmas!

In 2008, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin famously told the U.K. newspaper The Daily Express that rock ’n’ roll — Coldplay’s brand of it, anyway — was a young man’s game.

“I’m 31 now and I don’t think that bands should keep going past 33,” he said at the time. Martin is now 34. The same goes for guitarist Jonny Buckland. Bandmates Guy Berryman and Will Champion are both 33 — although we’re not anxiously awaiting news of their imminent retirement. (The October release of Coldplay’s latest album, Mylo Xyloto, and a subsequent tour announcement, would suggest that’s altogether unlikely.)

For the many who picked up Mylo Xyloto this fall — shooting it to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in its first week — they’re no doubt ecstatic that Martin isn’t entirely a man of his word. Had Coldplay entered early retirement, they never would have appeared at London’s iTunes festival this year, for instance — and highlights from that performance were captured in today’s featured download, Coldplay’s iTunes festival: London 2011 EP. (And they certainly wouldn’t be playing a sold-out show in Calgary April 18.)

But that’s just one reason we’re glad Coldplay are here to stay. Here are more. They’re meek, but have inherited the EarthSure, they’re one of the most successful rock bands operating today, with more than 50 million albums sold. Still, there’s a certain aw-shucks quality to Coldplay. It’s something that reminds you they’re still just a bunch of college pals (who do things like sell out Wembley Stadium for kicks). It’s there every time Chris Martin charms the crowd when he rolls with an accidental stumble (in both the musical and physical sense of the word). It’s there whenever they reveal they’re not just self-aware, but self-deprecatingly hilarious. (“We had to settle on being s— Radiohead. We’re called that sometimes, you know,” Martin told a London crowd this November, as per Gigwise.)

They’re the next U2

Sure, music snobs and critics might not fawn over arena rock, but nothing puts us in a better mood faster than raising our arms (and lighters) while shouting out the chorus of a pop song alongside thousands of fellow fans. Following 2008’s war-themed Viva La Vida, on which they set aside their middle-of-the-road melodic soft rock and made a bid for artistic respect with a handful of introspective, difficult (for them, at least) tunes, Coldplay are back to their unabashed, hook-filled roots on their latest album, Mylo Xyloto. From the boisterous opener, Hurts Like Heaven, to the anthemic first single, Paradise, the band has returned to doing what they do best: creating rousing, sentimental tunes that are sure to get you singing along.

They make Gwyneth Paltrow seem almost relatable

Before Gwyneth Paltrow married Martin, she was a chilly Oscar-winning actress and sometime model who holidayed annually with the Spielbergs, was best friends with Madonna and showed occasional pretences at a singing career. Wed to Martin for eight years now, none of that has really changed, although there’s something about the fact she has settled down with a scruffy musician who sings weepy soft-rock ballads — and not, say, one of the two People’s Sexiest Men of the Year she formerly dated — that lends that Nordic exterior a little warmth. A little GOOPiness, perhaps. Paltrow and Martin have successfully kept much of their private lives private, all the better for everyone to imagine that this theory might, in fact, be true.

They keep us awake when they’re on SNL

The boys know how to put on a show — even when they’re competing with Kristen Wiig’s Gilly and Bill Hader’s Stefon. Coldplay have become one of the most reliably solid SNL musical guests in recent memory, performing on the late-night sketch show four times. Their last appearance in November featured an explosive performance of Paradise and Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, and Martin even joined in on a few comedy skits.

They play well with others

Whether we’re talking their two-album partnership with legendary producer Brian Eno or contributions to recordings by Kanye West — or Nelly Furtado or Ron Sexsmith, etc., etc. — the guys in Coldplay have continuously proven they’re willing collaborators. That’s led to many gems for fans, seemingly disparate pairings that have led to some memorable moments on their C.V. Take Coldplay’s long-standing ties to rapper Jay-Z, for example — a relationship that’s resulted in numerous live appearances (dating back to a collaboration at Jay-Z’s historic 2006 Royal Albert Hall show) as well as recordings (Jay-Z’s Beach Chair, Coldplay’s Lost+ remix). Their latest cross-genre team-up is also a prime example, a Martin/Rihanna duet on Mylo Xyloto single, Princess of China, that made for a fusion of sounds unusual to hear from either act.

Their videos don’t suck

Coldplay has come a long way since a rain-soaked Martin sung into the camera while walking along a dreary beach in Yellow. The band has become known for pushing the envelope with their music videos, whether it’s the trippy reverse-narrative of The Scientist, the two dimensional cut-outs of the band members in Trouble, or the emotional arena singalong that is Fix You. Most important, they still seem to be having fun with the oft-overlooked medium (see Martin’s elephant costume in Paradise). [article ends]

They still thrill audiences the world over

The boys have come a long way from their early touring days. With every ambitious new album, Coldplay have an equally ambitious live show. Whether it’s the light spectacular of X&Y, the multi-coloured civil war uniforms of Viva La Vida, or Mylo Xyloto’s dystopian future, the group has blossomed into a well-oiled live machine in the mould of heroes U2. Martin, in particular, has become one of rock music’s most engaging frontmen, equally comfortable displaying his vulnerability as he is flailing himself across the stage as if possessed by the spectre of rock’s holy ghost. And surely there’s nothing better at the end of any night than the cathartic glow of Fix You sung from the mouths of thousands.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Reasons+like+Coldplay/5906509/story.html#ixzz1hRQwib61

• 2 months later...

Good morning all!

I am looking for ONE ticket to the Calgary show, as tickets sold out quite fast! I am not really wanting to buy off stubhub, as the prices are ridiculous for seats behind the stage!

Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, is selling their tickets for this show! Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Local pastor invokes music of Coldplay

By Richard Cuthbertson, Calgary Herald April 15, 2012

This was no Sunday morning mass with old hymns and organ music.

No, the New Hope Church in West Hillhurst dedicated its service Sunday to the music of Coldplay. The British quartet is one the most famous rock bands on the planet and will perform Wednesday at the Saddledome.

Preaching Coldplay from the pulpit is part an effort by Calgary pastor John Van Sloten to spot God's truth everywhere. He has previously plucked Christian meaning from pop-culture darlings like Metallica and the film The Matrix.

Of course, Van Sloten is also a fan of Coldplay, and yes, he has tickets to the upcoming show.

And he acknowledges there can be cynicism regarding sermons on bands and movies, and the church opens itself to criticism that a Coldplay service is just a gambit to boost attendance.

"You may think that this is a marketing ploy or some sort of theological bait and switch. It isn't," Van Sloten said. "It is based on the theology, the belief that God made everything. And that is a thoroughly Christian truth."

During the sermon, Van Sloten drew on lyrics from several Coldplay songs that seem to show a tantalizing link with biblical scripture. Us Against The World, for example, uses the Christian word Amen.

The church bulletin asks if "all of Coldplay's best songs will most certainly play on in heaven," and if "God created Coldplay to bring more joy, freedom and meaning to your life."

Van Sloten said he doesn't know what Coldplay's religious views are. But it's a burning question at online Christian forums, where many have remarked upon the band's lyrics.

"I think that God can speak through Coldplay, whether they intend to or not," Van Sloten said. "I have no problems with Coldplay being atheistic or agnostic to the truths that are written in their lyrics."

It's not like New Hope Church is preaching every week about those who make the pages of entertainment magazines, although they did do a service a couple months ago (at the request of a local family) on the Canadian band Arcade Fire.

Next week will see a far less celebrity-based offering called Geophysics and the Ground of all Being. Two weeks from now, there will be a talk about God and the flow of the Bow River.

Many churches have embraced modern music, with guitar and drums and all the trappings to make for some foot-tapping Christian songs.

What's perhaps different here is the embrace of one band and a "theology of Coldplay."

But that seemed to play well with Sunday's congregation. Samantha Woodward said she doubts lead singer Chris Martin's intention is Christian, but that he would still be pleased to find a community gaining so much from his songs.

Michael Anderson said artists put out work that different people interpret in different ways.

"Music is the way that I communicate to God," he said. "More than words, sometimes and certainly more than words can say."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Local+p...#ixzz1sBvpK9nP

Still looking for a single ticket... please let me know if you, or anyone you know, is selling a ticket for this show!! Thank you!

Did you find a ticket? I saw your post on the Facebook page as well. I sent you a message on FB as well. If you have not found a ticket yet.

Roots duo the Pierces find audience in U.K.

6474636.bin

Courtesy, Andrew Zaeh Alabama natives and sisters Allison, left, and Catherine Pierce perform under the name the Pierces.

Rain and sunshine. East Coast and West Coast. The U.K. and North America. Old and new. And, of course, brunette and blond.It’s an interesting conversation of intermingling opposites when talking with Catherine Pierce, one-half of the sister roots pop act the Pierces.

The contrasts appear early on as the singer-songwriter — she of the fairer hair in the duo, to older sis Allison’s darker shade — reveals that she’d recently relocated to the eternally sunny L.A. area from New York, where the Alabama natives first kicked off their career in the mid-’90s.

“It was actually raining this morning, but the sun just came out,” Pierce says, noting here sib is currently without a home, going back and forth between the two coasts. “I never thought I’d leave New York, but we spent about a year in England and I got so tired of the cold, rainy weather that I decided to come to L.A. for a little while. She’ll probably have little time to miss both American centres, as the Pierces have just embarked on an opening stint for Coldplay’s North American tour, including tonight’s show at the Saddledome.

They and their band will be showcasing, for the most part, material from their fourth and latest album, You & I. It’s the aforementioned album that was recorded, in keeping with the theme, half in NYC and half overseas in a London studio with Coldplay bassist Guy Berryman — a huge fan and supporter — and the chart-topping act’s producer and mixer Rik Simpson. Ironic, then, or possibly fitting, that an album with New York roots and then very Anglo hands all over it, should sound not only incredibly American but also remarkably west coast, with sunny, gorgeously open-spaced compositions that recall such seminal Cali recordings by the Mamas and the Papas and late ’70s era Fleetwood Mac.

“I don’t know how that happened. Maybe it was a premonition of my future,” Pierce says and laughs, before pondering the quintessentially, classic States sound on the disc. “I guess you’re right. Some people said it sounded European. . . . When we were touring in the U.K. a lot of people thought we were European, I don’t know why. . . .

“I think that happens a lot, there are a lot of American producers that want to make stuff sound British or European. And I think when you’re on the outside you can coin it a little bit or capture it a little bit. It might be easier.”

Either way, Pierce gives credit to Berryman for not only giving the album focus, but also giving new life to the Pierces’ career. They had, over the course of their decade-plus career, released three albums on a trio of different record labels with marginal success, save for some TV love for songs such as their Catherine-penned single Secret from their last album, 2007’s Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge.

It was the Coldplay member’s idea, Pierce says, to distance themselves from any kind of stigma the had in their homeland by focusing on the U.K. market — something that had worked to great effect for touring mate and similar sounding artist Lissie — before returning to the U.S. “Sometimes you need another lover to make your current lover jealous,” Pierce says and laughs.

The strategy has, thus far, been a success, with You & I earning a release on a U.K. label, while building an incredible buzz for the Pierces. Now, the pair find themselves in the midst of yet one more battle of the opposites, as seasoned veterans, reintroducing themselves to this side of the world as something fresh and something new — an opportunity that Catherine is more than happy to meet in the middle.

“When I look back at our first records I don’t even recognize myself, so I’m happy that’s not the first thing they’re hearing. Those were written so long ago and from a naive place and I think this record and our last record, I’m more excited for people to hear those,” she says. “And I think the right thing will find the right person at the right time, if you want to get a little cosmic.”

Or maybe a New Yorker getting a little more L.A.

link

Local pastor invokes music of Coldplay

By Richard Cuthbertson, Calgary Herald April 15, 2012

This was no Sunday morning mass with old hymns and organ music.

No, the New Hope Church in West Hillhurst dedicated its service Sunday to the music of Coldplay. The British quartet is one the most famous rock bands on the planet and will perform Wednesday at the Saddledome.

Preaching Coldplay from the pulpit is part an effort by Calgary pastor John Van Sloten to spot God's truth everywhere. He has previously plucked Christian meaning from pop-culture darlings like Metallica and the film The Matrix.

Of course, Van Sloten is also a fan of Coldplay, and yes, he has tickets to the upcoming show.

And he acknowledges there can be cynicism regarding sermons on bands and movies, and the church opens itself to criticism that a Coldplay service is just a gambit to boost attendance.

"You may think that this is a marketing ploy or some sort of theological bait and switch. It isn't," Van Sloten said. "It is based on the theology, the belief that God made everything. And that is a thoroughly Christian truth."

During the sermon, Van Sloten drew on lyrics from several Coldplay songs that seem to show a tantalizing link with biblical scripture. Us Against The World, for example, uses the Christian word Amen.

The church bulletin asks if "all of Coldplay's best songs will most certainly play on in heaven," and if "God created Coldplay to bring more joy, freedom and meaning to your life."

Van Sloten said he doesn't know what Coldplay's religious views are. But it's a burning question at online Christian forums, where many have remarked upon the band's lyrics.

"I think that God can speak through Coldplay, whether they intend to or not," Van Sloten said. "I have no problems with Coldplay being atheistic or agnostic to the truths that are written in their lyrics."

It's not like New Hope Church is preaching every week about those who make the pages of entertainment magazines, although they did do a service a couple months ago (at the request of a local family) on the Canadian band Arcade Fire.

Next week will see a far less celebrity-based offering called Geophysics and the Ground of all Being. Two weeks from now, there will be a talk about God and the flow of the Bow River.

Many churches have embraced modern music, with guitar and drums and all the trappings to make for some foot-tapping Christian songs.

What's perhaps different here is the embrace of one band and a "theology of Coldplay."

But that seemed to play well with Sunday's congregation. Samantha Woodward said she doubts lead singer Chris Martin's intention is Christian, but that he would still be pleased to find a community gaining so much from his songs.

Michael Anderson said artists put out work that different people interpret in different ways.

"Music is the way that I communicate to God," he said. "More than words, sometimes and certainly more than words can say."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Local+p...#ixzz1sBvpK9nP

I like this article.