✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[20-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still more videos to come but heres the intro And IMP I am going again tonight and should be recording some more videos :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Ft8JTWSRQ]Coldplay - MX/HLH Live @ Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC - YouTube[/ame]

But I am 99.9% sure I want them to play it.

But will it work in a live gig setting?

I know they played it during the Hope For Haiti telethon and it was AMAZING there, but that was a totally different setting.

Actually, that sort of setting is the only setting I see "A Message" working well.

FINALLY LOVERS IN JAPAN IS BACK IN SETLIST! :)

it's great hearing Lovers In Japan again! :)

Still more videos to come but heres the intro And IMP I am going again tonight and should be recording some more videos :)

thanks for your vids and I noticed no one has taped Princess Of China yet ;)

Charlie Brown

nice, how close you were and thanks

Its pretty cool how they have the lyrics and animations on the screens for CB

love the lyrics on the screen for Charlie Brown

I was going to, but I figured my reception would suck so I didn't.

okay, good that you didn't have to fool with it and had a great time. thanks for all the videos and comments everyone, looking forward to tonite's show. :heart:

and love Coldplay is running to the back of the arena and coming for the folks who are far away from the main stage, it's great they're doing this again..Coldplay is the greatest and the xylobands let them see everyone better and it's adding to all the fun seeing all the fans light up glowing in the dark :thumbsup:

Where into the crowd do they run into on this tour? What sections I guess.

They went to sec 109 row 13, seats like 102-106.. (I was sec 109 row 8 seat 106 :awesome:)

So whoever is going tonight and is in that section, they might go there again!

My brother, sister, our friends and I MET CHRIS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit I nearly passed out!!!!! This was outside the arena after the show of course,

and he was so freaking nice about it. The crowd was only about 30 fans.

Photo & story to come soon as I'm currently downtown getting ready for tonight's show.

I work at the arena so I'll try to post some crappy photos and tweets via @kerche

but internet/phone connection sucked so badly!!!!!!!

Where into the crowd do they run into on this tour? What sections I guess.

They run along the section right below the River Rock club seats, so section 105-109. The mini stage is at sec 109 I believe. I was on the floor right in front of the gated soundboard equipment & crew

Here is lovers in japan

:stunned: That song looks and sounds so amazing live! Bringing it back is one of the best decisions they have made so far this tour. Now we just need to hear 42 and DAAHF again... :laugh3:

more floor tickets released somewhere according to twitter

That's often the case for arena shows. Often, the production can't be 100% the total amount of floor available until they load in. They're also likely releasing venue/band/promoter comps that were unused at the last minute.

Fan review

Coldplay Vancouver 4:20

I went to see Coldplay last night. I had seen them before at Pemberton Festival in 2008. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect from this concert. I had listened to Mylo Xyloto prior to going and it had a definite electro flavour to it. When I arrived, I was handed this very GPS-tracker-looking wristband to wear as “part of the show.”

To be honest, the show wasn’t much different from Viva La Vida. Actually, scratch that. Viva La Vida was a better Show. Mylo Xyloto was actually a pretty basic concert. Black lights and fluorescent paint were the main Visual interest with some overzealous confetti canons, lasers and and strobes… but these wristbands. They were the highlight of the show for me. They were synchronized to the entire lighting scheme and were not overused. The effect they provided was epic and beautiful.

Now don’t get me wrong, I was dancing my ass of at my seat beside the stage. Aside from the 4 down tempo tracks, which really didn’t do it for me, or many people sitting near me, (All checking Facebook or Sportsnet on their phones) it was a great rock concert; again, I stress concert. The music was the most interesting part and there was really nothing new. They played all the hits and a few new songs from Mylo Xyloto, including Paradise, which brought down the house. In usual Coldplay style, the encore began with the band playing right in the crowd and it ended with a bang. At two hours, it seemed a little short but I wasn’t left wanting more. I had a great time listening to great music and dancing; but then again, I could have done that at home…

One last thing, I have gained a real appreciation for the drummer in Coldplay. Over the course of the show, he played drums, guitar, digital percussion pad, timpani and bells. Hell, he played the guitar and the drums at the same time! He also is the primary harmony vocalist and had a few vocal solo’s as well. And it’s not just gimmicky stuff either. His contribution to the live concert experience is substantial. I hope he gets his dues both within the group and from fans who listen and watch.

link

2012-04-20-22.03.33-220x220.jpg

ColdplayWristband-300x180.jpg

Paradise

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIsoth-iF8Y[/ame]

Warning Sign

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZsBIvkO-Ao[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s28kgzW4RI[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVo0aFLO6fI[/ame]

Violet Hill

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6EzlMPUdE[/ame]

Fix You

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OCR57JFko[/ame]

Stunning spectacle of sight, sound

English band spares no expense, stirs fans with songs from strongest album

6499193.bin

When you're one of the biggest bands in the world, you probably are expected to have one of the biggest concert productions in the world.

This, Coldplay provided Friday. It wasn't as extravagant as, say, U2's ill-starred and expensive Pop show, which is an example of the "moremoney-than-brains" tour that often strikes popular acts.

Coldplay is too sensible for that. Nonetheless, the English band filled Rogers Arena with swirling screens, lasers, balloons, showers of confetti, three stages, graffiti-inspired visuals, and the pièce de résistance: issuing all concertgoers with wristbands that lit up at crucial moments, presumably with the single press of a button by a lighting tech.

In a second, 15,000 fans lit up and swathed the darkened arena in a blanket of multicoloured glow. No doubt Coldplay does this every night of its current North American tour, but hang the cost, the band can afford it and still not tip over the money-to-brain line.

It's an amazing sight.

Almost makes the music, which is at the bottom line of all this, take a back seat.

Coldplay, which also played the arena Saturday night, put in its best Vancouver appearance by far.

It helps that it is touring on the strength of its best album, Mylo Xyloto, whose selections dominated the night.

Mylo purportedly is the story of a woman trying to find love in an apocalyptic world. That message might or might not be a unifying theme, but it does hint at its cohesion.

If previous album Viva La Vida sprawled and, ultimately, was aimless, Mylo is tighter and more complex.

The band, led by Chris Martin, is exploiting background vocals (or singsong chants that stir up the fans), and the sound is more dense, reaching its peak Friday with "Paradise," but climaxing effectively with the churchy "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall."

By comparison, a familiar "Clocks" from Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head is simpler, almost transparent in its relatively clean lines.

Martin has become an ingratiating frontman, suitably humble and frequently smiling, and is ably supported by Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion, who've all grown into showmen.

Squeezed into a small space at the front of the stage, opening act The Pierces never announced itself. The quartet just showed up and then disappeared after its set.

Somehow this was appropriate. Unless on a mission to make the world safe for a China Crisis revival, the band is irrelevant.

link

Thanks, I added it to the video setlist.

And I really like the new intro :heart:

no problem and thank you for adding i got a few more videos for the 20th and more for tonights 21st show and pics :) and yes the new intro is really good