✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[28-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ St Pete Times Forum, Tampa, Florida, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I am posting about Coldplay's concert!! I went to Coldplay's concert in Tampa around a week ago. It was the best concert I have ever seen in my life! I love Coldplay and their songs<3. I really enjoy the first part of the concert because they were playing my fave songs, such as: Lovers in Japan, Yellow, Paradise, The Scientist, and others. There were also many surprises came up during the show. We got a Coldplay bracelet. Anddd... When the band were singing at the beginning and end of the show, the bracelet blink colorfully according to the music beat. Isn't that amazing?! I literary almost cried that part during the show because I have never seen such amazing thing like that in a music concert. And I had goose bumps when they were singing "Yellow" because its my favorite song above all of my Coldplay favorites. Months ago, I posted about how I like Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto album. I think it has a cool design. I love the color choices for the artwork of the album. Yeap, during the concert, they brought those colors to the lighting of the show and also to blinking bracelet color. For about 2 hours, I really felt like I was in a "Paradise". I was being treated amazingly by both, visually and music-wise. It was an amazing night. Really. The other surprise was toward the ending of the show because the band re-appeared on different stage (Not main stage). They played at a mini stage which is located in the middle of the audience. AAh! And the White piano that Chris Martin used when he played it while singing Fix You, was full of graffiti like the album artwork too! I was so amazed. Different kind of "amazing" like when I was at LMFAO's or any other music concert that were also amazing. That Coldplay's "amazing" feeling was like.. yes.. like you are watching a music concert at a para-para-paradise.

[thanks Miss Tahir]

http://www.janemtahir.com/2012/07/para-para-paradise.html

Creative Loafing: I like to think of myself as someone with relatively good taste in music. This is why it's always a little difficult for me to come out to my friends as a Coldplay fan. The most common reaction I get is a look of sympathy and an apology, as if I'd just admitted I was diagnosed with a terrible, incurable illness. But I don't care. I love the band's interplay of melodies, Chris Martin's lyrics, the grandiose piano ... all of it. So I was stoked to finally see them again this past Thursday night at Tampa Bay Times Forum. [Text by Marci, photos by Chris.]

British indie band Wolf Gang played first, and their sound was very much reminiscent of an younger Coldplay. The foursome delivered a solid performance to a still mostly-empty arena. Up next was Swedish Europop diva Robyn, an odd act to find sandwiched in between two Brit alt rock bands. And the crowd took a while to warm up to her. The pulsing "Fembot" got a few people dancing, but in general, all around me, the only other people actually on their feet were the ones who just hadn't found their seats yet. Robyn remained unfazed by the general disinterest, playfully hopping across the stage in her gold velveteen yoga pants. Her cover of Coldplay's "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" finally caught the crowd’s attention just in time for her to close with her chart-topping UK hit and arguably her best-known U.S. single, "With Every Heartbeat."

In the time between acts, I watched the stagehands climbing rope ladders and swinging from huge racks of lights until Jay-Z's "99 Problems" interrupted the generic indie background music, the lights dimmed and Coldplay took to the stage to the triumphant orchestral instrumental of "Mylo Xyloto" and then threw themselves into "Hurts Like Heaven" without so much as a hello. As fans entered the venue, we were given colorful bracelets and were finally enlightened about what they were for. As the song kicked in, the entire third level of the venue started twinkling with blue, pink, yellow, and green lights as the bracelets began going off simultaneously; I later found out that their seeming independent blinking was controlled by radio frequencies.

My mind was still reeling from taking in all the sparkling colors when "In My Place" began and blizzards of confetti were fired from cannons to flicker down onto the crowd.

Lead singer Chris Martin was 110-percent on this night, as if he'd been even more excited about the concert than the room full of people who'd paid to watch it. Another big spectacle came during Coldplay's performance of "Lovers in Japan," which featured giant balloons filled with confetti thrown out to the audience and even more confetti cannon actio, the paper cutouts wafting down in shapes inspired by the artwork on Mylo Xyloto. The only moment of the show that left me cold was during "Princess of China," which featured projected guest Rihanna singing her part of the song. Come on guys — hologram duets are sooo two months ago.

After a gorgeous performance of "Paradise" signaled the close of the main part of the show, the band ran off the stage. I, along with the rest of the crowd, watched and waited for them to return for an encore, but instead, they popped up in section 102, played two acoustic songs, and then jetted back to the main stage, high-fiving the crowd along either side of their path on the way. The last three songs proved perfect closers, especially the heart-wrenching "Fix You," its a capella start erupting into crashing drums and layers upon layers of guitars.

An amazing show from an amazing band, and I'm finally ready to stand up and proudly pledge my allegiance: "Hi, my name is Marci, and I'm a Coldplay fan."

http://cltampa.com/tampa/review-coldplay-presents-a-dazzling-alt-rock-spectacle-to-the-tampa-bay-times-forum/Content?oid=3011477

• 2 weeks later...
him saying that shit cray was bad enough but now one direction.. come on chris

did he actually say "that shit Kray"?! wow that is just the coolest thing ever :D

genius lyrics from jayz and kanye so i dont mind

• 4 weeks later...

The Tampa show was honestly the best concert I've seen them do. And that's saying a lot, because I have seen them so far at: Glastonbury 2003, 2005, and 2011, T In the Park 2011, Parachutes Tour, A Rush Of Blood To The Head Tour, Twisted Logic Tour (the Toronto show that was filmed for TV), Viva la Vida Tour, seven times on the Mylo Xylotour, Pinkpop Festival, and on Letterman.

'Twas The Night Before Coldplay

Hi there, guys! So, I wrote this poem spoofing 'Twas The Night Before Christmas about my first Coldplay concert. I hope you guys enjoy it! :D

Twas the night before Coldplay, when all through the house

was the sound of Major Minus, and the click of the mouse.

The outfit was laying on the bed with care,

In hopes that the day soon would be there.

The Coldplayers were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of Xylobands danced in their heads.

I lay in bed with my headphones in,

while listening to A Hopeful Transmission.

When out from the alarm, there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the car I flew like a flash,

Tore open the door and slammed on the gas.

The forum was filling with fans in a flow,

Gave the Xylobrytes an idea the band was below.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a cluster of lights, and the song I could hear.

With a little note played, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be drumsticks.

More rapid than the Speed of Sound they played,

And we whistled, and shouted, and called them Coldplay!

Now Chris! Now Jonny! Now Will and Guy!

With roadies, and merch, and music! Oh my!

To the top of the nosebleeds! To the top of the ceiling!

Now music plays! Music plays! And I lose all my feeling!

As dry as my throat from screaming to songs,

I realized that the concert wouldn’t last too long.

So, on with the music said Coldplay, as girls swooned,

With the lights, and the lasers, It’d be over too soon.

And then, I knew Coldplay wouldn’t dare let me down,

They started to play my favorite, Charlie brown!

As I drew in my head, and buckled to my knees,

I screamed, “Oh please play Paradise. Oh please, oh please!”

I was dressed in my tears, from the music they played,

And oh boy, I’d never felt so dazed.

Guy, well he looked handsome and cute, as expected.

I wouldn’t be lying if I said was my heart infected.

Chris’ eyes; how they twinkled! His smile, how merry!

He looked so flawless that it was almost kind of scary!

Oh, and how could you forget, how cute was Will,

And the next thing I know, they were playing Violet Hill!

Then soon came Yellow, followed by U.F.O.,

Then came In My Place, and confetti with a blow!

The smile on my face had never been bigger,

I was so impressed, that I let out a snicker!

I forgot to mention Jonny, his smile lit up the room,

And the next thing I know, there was Buckin in bloom!

At one point Chris even looked in my way.

I know for sure, I’ll never forget that day.

They finished the show with one final song,

I really can’t believe I’d waited this long.

The concert was over, and it was time to go,

And tears rolled down my cheeks like there’s no tomorrow!

I got in the car, and was on my way back,

though I’ll never forget the fun that I had.

Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will,

You’ve changed my life, and for that, I’m thrilled.