14 Viva La Vida

15 Charlie Brown

16 Paradise

17 Us Against The World

18 Speed Of Sound

19 Clocks

20 Fix You

21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Two years ago Angie (Texasluvsjonny) was kind enough to take Ryan's MINI with her to Mexico to see Coldplay. During her trip, she was fortunate to meet Guy, Will, Jonny and Chris and have them take photos with Ryan's MINI. I can't put in to words how much that meant to me as I had always hoped to take my daughter Ryan to a Coldplay show when she got older. Tonight, with Angie buy my side, I was lucky enough to meet Chris myself and tell him how much their music meant to Ryan and I and that their music had helped to create many memories. 'Coldplay' was the forth or fifth word Ryan learned to speak. I shared with Chris that while they were playing Paradise and I looked out at all of the beautiful blinking colored lights, I thought to myself, if there was a heaven and Ryan is there, I hope it looked like that.

Chris was very giving of his time tonight and I had fun talking to him about the setlist and whether I would ever get to hear Shiver, Amsterdam or Low, but the highlight of course was talking to him about Ryan.

What a perfect night. Thank you for being there Angie!!!

jbandchris3.jpg

jbandchris.jpg

My niece was there as well....I'm so glad to have shared this with her.

nicandchris.jpg

Very touching story & great pictures. Thank you.

Two years ago Angie (Texasluvsjonny) was kind enough to take Ryan's MINI with her to Mexico to see Coldplay. During her trip, she was fortunate to meet Guy, Will, Jonny and Chris and have them take photos with Ryan's MINI. I can't put in to words how much that meant to me as I had always hoped to take my daughter Ryan to a Coldplay show when she got older. Tonight, with Angie buy my side, I was lucky enough to meet Chris myself and tell him how much their music meant to Ryan and I and that their music had helped to create many memories. 'Coldplay' was the forth or fifth word Ryan learned to speak. I shared with Chris that while they were playing Paradise and I looked out at all of the beautiful blinking colored lights, I thought to myself, if there was a heaven and Ryan is there, I hope it looked like that.

Chris was very giving of his time tonight and I had fun talking to him about the setlist and whether I would ever get to hear Shiver, Amsterdam or Low, but the highlight of course was talking to him about Ryan.

jbandchris3.jpg

jbandchris.jpg

nicandchris.jpg

YOU ARE SO LUCKY : ) HAPPY FOR YOU :heart:

Coldplay In Washington DC: Otherwise known as the perfect night I got mind-blowingly close to my idols and other amazing stuff.

Here’s the full of write up of the best night of my life. Warning it’s a bit long but you can skim a bit until I start talking about touching them and stuff if you’d like. Photos will come tomorrow!

We arrived at the Verizon Center around 5.50 or so. We met up with the wonderful amazing Zonda and fangirled until we got in. We got xylobands (MINE WAS YELLOW) and hung out for a while.

We got to our seats and looked around and found we were about 3 rows from something that looked suspiciously like the C Stage. I went up and asked one of the security guards what it was asnd she told me it was for “lights and stuff” but the other security guard laughed a lot so I was pretty sure it was. We freaked out a lot.

Then Wolf Gang got on and they were ace! After they finished up they told us we could go out and meet them and we ran out to get in line. I bought their CD and we actually shook hands with and met every member of the band. Wolf Gang are all really, really hot and have lovely british voices and signed our CD and the frontman even wrote our names on the front, which was great. They even smelled really good like I don’t know.

Robyn was on then but she was pretty bad so we hung around the place for a while and met up with the amazing Arby (who got upgraded to the front)!

We waited a long time for them to set up but then 99 Problems came on and the audience were dancing and doing the wave and it was good. THEN BACK TO THE FUTURE AND WE SCREAMED AND SHOUTED AND THEY WERE ON AND THEY WERE PERFECT. Every song was amazing. Chris changed a lot of things to references to DC (Violet Hill became took my love down to Capitol Hill…) There were a few bits of Buckin and a touch of Berrytin, too. Chris wore a blue shirt and changed into a pink one later. Jonny wore his dark blue coat and his blue t shirt and Guy wore his grey coat and orange t shirt.

Then around Charlie Brown all of these roadies went up and down setting up stuff for the C Stage. We were right next to the asle so we touched a bunch of them as they went down.

THEN THE BAND CAME DOWN THE AISLE TO OUR UTTER SHOCK. Me and Nana freaked out so much and stuck our hands out (nobody else did) and Chris, who was first, grabbed them and glanced at as and then went on.

Guy and Jonny were sort of focused on getting down there so we just brushed their arms and then WILLBEAR went and we put our hands out and he reached over to us and grabbed them and looked right at us. He has really, really lovely eyes and a nice beard up close (it was really, really close) and he seemed to happy to see us and greatful and it was so perfect.

Then they started Us Against The World and it was amazing. 3 rows below us. It was perfect. Some women next to us shouted Guy’s name and he turned around and we started waving our arms like mad and he looked me right in the eye and grinned really big (‘cos he knew I thought he was sexy.) He is sexy. They’re all sexy. Jonny is really tall and nice and fit and Chris has very muscly arms and Guy is fwfohwefuhewufh and Will had really nice shoulders. They all had really nice shoulders because we were looking down at them.

Also I stared at Guy’s butt as he went down. They were so, so, so close to us it when they went by I can’t even believe it. Chris and Will have really nice soft hands that were a lot bigger then mine.

They also did Speed Of Sound which was so great I can’t even. Then they ran back down for Fix You BUT the roadies spent a lot of time taking stuff down and as they walked next to us we reached out and touched every instrument. I ran my hand down the keys of Will’s piano (WHICH HE PLAYED) It was wet with what I assume was his sweat. They were all absolutely sweaty there (it was dripping all over everything aahaha) The roadies were actually really nice about it and laughed as we grabbed things.

Two more songs and it was amazing. The xylobands were perfect, the music was perfect. There were loads of lasers and stuff and also big sparkly balloons from the ceiling. We were hit with this big bomb of clumped up confetti and collected even more later. The boys did a big bow after Every Teardrop and I almost cried when they left.

It ended too soon. It was mind blowing. Perfect. Amazing. I’ll never forget it.

link

Coldplay performance at Verizon Center anything but boring

STcoldplay06_1341804061.jpg

Coldplay is sort of a Nickelback for cool kids. Over the last decade the chart-friendly UK quartet has inspired ridicule at about the same rate it has record sales. The Web site Yahoo Answers, an Encyclopedia Britannica in our social media age, even has an entry titled: “Why do people hate Coldplay so much?”

Yahoo’s “voters’ choice” for “best answer”: “Its [sic] boring.” Another possible and similarly syntaxed explanation for all the Coldplay animus could be “Because Ive never seen it.” In any case, nobody who saw Coldplay on Sunday at the sold-out Verizon Center came away bored.

Plainly, Coldplay’s current tour takes arena rock production to new levels. As Martin et al kicked into the set-opener “Hurts Like Heaven,” the LEDs on the thousands of wristbands, called Xylobands, that were being given away at the entrances were activated simultaneously by remote control, instantly transforming the huge sports arena into a psychedelicatessen of moving multicolored lights. (The UK press reported a few months ago that Coldplay is an owner of the company that manufactures the accessories.) Lasers shot from the stage to the roof and back.

The next tune, “In My Place,” featured not one, but two, massive confetti blizzards, with day-glo-colored paper cutouts of animals and stars filling the room. Shortly thereafter came “Lovers in Japan,” during which fans got treated to a balloon-drop worthy of a political convention and yet another confetti blizzard.

The first 15 minutes of the performance were bombastic and breathless enough to leave an underprepped Coldplay concertgoer wondering: Have I died and gone to a U2 show? Yet the band kept up the pace for nearly two hours.

The show did have moments where the Nickelbackish backlash that Coldplay has suffered through made sense. Martin called a timeout in the middle of “Yellow,” the song that got the whole Coldplay juggernaut going back in 2000, and told the band to start over, saying he’d messed up a line; recent reviews show he just used the same see-this-show-isn’t-scripted! shtick during a Glastonbury performance. But of course it’s all scripted! During “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” Martin fell to his knees to sing the line “I’m on my knees!” He smashed his guitar to end “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face,” and within seconds the screens throughout the arena showed a replay of the poor instrument hitting the stage, providing evidence that the smashing was premeditated. (Then again, Jimi Hendrix had matches and a can of lighter fluid at the ready at the Monterey Pop Festival, so the most famous guitar combustion in rock history wasn’t exactly spontaneous, either.)

The music occasionally seemed no match for the theatricality. But how many tunes by anybody can compete with a rainbow-lit confetti blizzard amid balloon droppings? And, besides: Oh, what a wonderful time everybody had. On the soccer-anthemesque pop song “Viva La Vida,” the crowd provided utterly glorious “whoa-oh-ohhh-oh-oh”s over which Martin sang his pop smash about a guy who ruled the world. The wristbands lit up again for “Charlie Brown,” and some couples danced and sweated in the aisles while the rest of the crowd just pogoed to the beat.

When it seemed like the show couldn’t get huger, Martin jumped into the recent superdupersmash, “Paradise,” and, well, it got huger. Sure, “Paradise” sounds a lot like other people’s pop — Beyonce’s “Halo,” particularly. But any melody that can get 20,000 people screaming together in key, and this one did just that on this night, is worth borrowing. “Speed of Sound” and the incredibly U2-esque “Clocks” kept up the gigantitude during the encore.

The band was loving it, too. Martin spent some of his last moments on stage performing some sort of free-form dance, kicking up leftover confetti and twirling his arms toward the upper decks of an arena filled yet again with all those blinking lights. Should Martin ever actually get to rule the world like the guy he sang about earlier in the set, there’s no way that’ll be as much fun as ruling a band as big as his is right now.

Coldplay performs again Monday at the Verizon Center.

link

STcoldplay10_1341803881.jpg

jbandchris3.jpg

jbandchris.jpg

nicandchris.jpg

J.... If anyone deserved this, it was you:kiss: Ryan was so there with you, I am sure:)

Aww, Julie. I remember being so touched by Ryan's Mini story online and when we had dinner with you and Jason after the UCLA show last summer. I'm so glad you finally got to meet Chris and tell him about your sweet baby girl.

Julie, your pics came out so great! :awesome: I was so glad to be there with you. At first I thought we would only get those first few minutes with him, but he just kept hanging around chatting. Couldn't have dreamed of a better ending to show #42 :nice:

The day started off with Chinese food. What else in Chinatown. :P On the table place mats they had the signs of the Chinese New Years. I looked up my birth year and seems I am a Rabbit- the luckiest sign...... well I think that's probably true, I have always been pretty lucky. ;)

Julie and her niece picked me up at my hotel and we drove over to the venue. We had a drink at a bar in Gallery Place. I had met Julie the first time I saw Coldplay in DC. She had the seat next to me. Well this time she has seats in the same section as me. That's kinda lucky right. I had VIP ticket so had to enter through a different entrance from them so I left early to go in. Was a bit of a waste because none of the food stalls were open. You couldn't go to your seat til doors fully opened. What's the point? :dozey: Anyway, my seat was on row 2, section 113 on Guy's side.

I went in early hoping to see Jackie. She had said in Houston she thought DC was having a Meet and Greet and she would try and get me in. I didn't see her til after the show when I was standing talking to Chris, so that was a wash. :lol:

I think Wolf Gang have gotten better each night I have seen them. Robyn however........:sick: Everyone around me was WTF is she doing,wearing, gah my ears! All I can say is she writes excellent "go to the bathroom" music so that what I always do. :P

The crowd started doing the Mexican Wave waiting for Coldplay to come out. Although they don't do the stomp your feet as it approaches your section technique it was still kinda crazy.

I had a lot of "first timers" sitting around me. They asked what the bands do. They blow your mind, that's what they do. :awesome:

Chris was super excited I think. I know it's hard to tell if he's excited, or super excited, but he seemed super excited to me. :laugh3: Jonny Y U no wear your green pants? :cry:

Favorite songs of the night: Viva and Charlie Brown.

After the show, we decided to wait by the security gate and see if they would come out. There started out with a kinda large crowd, but security people kept saying "they already left, I don't know why yall are waiting here".....they always say that shit. :dozey: A black SUV pulled into the gate...there to pick up someone important perhaps... :P It started the lightning and looked like we might all get soaked shortly, so people started leaving. Door opens, it was only Wolf Gang's van. :\ Door opens, it's a van with crew. Door opens, Julie sees Kelly in the front seat....THAT'S THE ONE! :sneaky: I thought they were gonna pull away, but they stop, door opens and out pops hoodie wearing Chris Martin. :D

He shakes hands, signs stuff. Moves along the line. Thought we were only gonna get a few seconds but he keeps coming back and talking some more, then a few more pics and then back to talk some more. :laugh3: Kelly kept looking more pissed.

I told him it was my 42nd show. :o WHAT, THAT'S CRAZY! :laugh3: Told him where's Miller, we could celebrate 42 together. He said he lives under the stage. I told him, yeah but he comes out to shoot the panorama. He said you know your shit! :lol: I told him I would be back tonight. He said you know it's gonna be pretty much the same. I told him, yeah I know. Then he asked me my name. /fangirl squee

I told him I thought the confetti drop during Lovers on the Viva tour was the coolest thing ever, but the Xylobands blows that shit away! He said YES IT DOES! :D

I asked why no Trouble tonight. He said the drum machine broke in Philly, so they couldn't play UiF.

Julie asked if they would ever play Amsterdam again. He said they rehearse it before ever tour but it always sounds shit. I said, we don't care, play it any way! :angry:

He said he had to go. Jumped back into the SUV and was off. I started walking back to hotel, got half way across H street and the sky opened up. Was totally soaked before I could get across the street and get the umbrella from my bag.

Oh well...on to #43...........:D

jbandchris3.jpg

jbandchris.jpg

nicandchris.jpg

jbandchris3.jpg

jbandchris.jpg

nicandchris.jpg

I am very pleased to hear that you managed to meet Chris and to share some memories of Ryan with him, Julie.

I still remember reading about Ryan and later Texaslovesjonny/Angie's moving story about how Ryan's little red Mini made it into the hands of the Coldplay members and staff.

And I am sure that RYAN was with you as you met Coldplay.

Coldplay performs the first of two shows at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. The band's 2011 album, “Mylo Xyloto,” reached No. 1 in 30 countries. In her review of the album for The Post, Allison Stewart wrote that “the new album is sometimes dull but is mostly just fine.” Dave McKenna responded differently to their performance this weekend, however, writing, “nobody who saw Coldplay on Sunday at the sold-out Verizon Center came away bored.”

STcoldplay01_1341804242.jpg

STcoldplay03_1341804242.jpg

STcoldplay12_1341803881.jpg

STcoldplay05_1341804061.jpg

STcoldplay07_1341804061.jpg

STcoldplay06_1341804061.jpg

STcoldplay08_1341804061.jpg

STcoldplay11_1341803881.jpg

link