✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-May-2012] Coldplay @ Dragao Stadium, Porto, Portugal

Jenjie

I loved every single Portuguese word he learned and said :dazzled:.

I just wasn't that impressed because I've heard him saying even more Portuguese words in Rock in Rio Brasil:

LOL everybody ok "FRENTJI" :lol: só este homem, eu dele falar português sei de cor ( por ouvir muitas vezes lol) o que ele diz durante o concerto em 2003 quando se estava a preparar para tocar a Trouble " e agora una cançao que se chama Trouble" ele safa-se muita bem no português :D sem cabulas!

damn now in english lol :shame:

"only this man, i can only remember him speaking in portuguese( because i listen to it a lot) what he tells during the gig in 2003 when he's about to play Trouble,he can speak portuguse perfectly without any "papers" :P

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaah, nunca vi/ouvi isso! há um vídeo disso?

esse é aquele concerto que ainda me está entalado tantos anos depois :bigcry:

Translation: WHY DIDN'T I GO TO THAT CONCERT IN 2003 :bigcry:

EDIT: awesome videos from roadie 42 :awesome:

aaah, nunca vi/ouvi isso! há um vídeo disso?

esse é aquele concerto que ainda me está entalado tantos anos depois :bigcry:

Translation: WHY DIDN'T I GO TO THAT CONCERT IN 2003 :bigcry:

EDIT: awesome videos from roadie 42 :awesome:

Nop,i've look for it before, did not find anything :\ :( i share the same feeling with you....i will never ever forgive myself for not going to that gig :( simply because i did not want to go alone pff.. *slaps myself*

P.s-I can send you the audio, if you want :) just let me know how can i do that lol

ooh thank you so so much but I actually think I can deal with this better by not knowing too much :(

gaah, I was like 12/13, also had no one to go with and had a test the next day. baah

let's change the subject quickly!!!

LOL yeah :laugh4:

My bracelet just started to blink again lol ok is not actually blinking, now is with the light stuck you know lol like a lamp :heart: for some stupid reason im wearing it :wacky: it makes me feel good :shame:

I just came here to say exactly that! And I'm wearing it too! :)

Who cares? It's my favorite band and they are communicating with us!

(yeah I kow this happened with the other wristbands)

I'm not sure if all the wristbands from our concert are doing the same though. I have another here at home with me (given to me by the person who was at the concert with me) and that one has no light.

The one with the light is white and pink. The one without the light is blue and pink.

oh mine is also white and pink :) i love it how it brights so MUCH :D

Did you know that a guy offer me 5€ for my bracelet? :angry: he did not get any, he was so desperate lol but i said NO WAY! im a collector and bla bla lol he apologised me lol poor kid

i don't know, i know someone else from facebook ( at colplay-portugal group) that did not get any bracelet either :confused:

Yeah, i saw many many people trying all the ways possible to "turn on" the bracelet, i found some more on the floor,some people just threw them away :dead: i did not get any because they were already broken :\ maybe i should have saved them

That's awful. Some people around me at the concert broke their bracelets against the chairs and got up to get another and that's probably why some people who got there later couldn't get one. Silly silly people. They were like children, I was really pissed off at some point. And I am still really embarrassed that they (Jason and probably the band) noticed this behavior.

I would have been really sad if I didn't manage to get one bracelet or got one broken. And if someone without a bracelet had approached me at the show I probably would have given one of them, since the person who I was with didn't mind not getting one home.

Wow broken wristbands on the floor...I am always surprised to see how much trash is on the floor at the end of a show but throwing bracelets away it's kind of a disrespect to the band in my opinion. People have payed so much to see them, don't they want a souvenir? It's so odd that they didn't have a problem with getting rid of them.

Yeah Lili look at this video, is so odd :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhmAUN1SgvY&feature=share]Coldplay 18.05.12 Porto - YouTube[/ame]

it upsets me a lot watching this :\ i want to punch them all on the face!!! But if you think, not everyone knew the existance of the bracelets, might be a normal reaction :confused: but for instance, in Madrid, when they tried this for the first time, nobody was doing that, people were just curious about the bracelet and wondering why we needed them, actually it was funny at same time, because at some point i went to the toilet and my bracelet started to blink before everyone else lol and the people around me were asking me what i did to my bracelet ...

I think is just portuguese people are too curious :angry:

I have seen it! :( Jason, the creator of the xylobands, has tweeted it and someone has posted it in the thread dedicated to his tweets. It's awful. Hope everyone knows that we all are not like this.

Well, I know not everybody knew they existed but this hasn't happened on the other venues right? Or at least not in this large scale. The people in the bathroom you were in in Madrid didn't start throwing wristbands against the wall or something, did they?

I don't know if you heard the sound of them breaking in the golden circle, but I was really close to these stuuuupid people and at one point you could hear really clearly the sound of the wristbands being thrown against the chairs.

I'm just glad that the Portuguese audience seems to have made up for it with all the enthusiasm and the singalong during the actual show.

EDIT: we are really training our English here!!!

jeez :confused: i feel really bad about it, we look like primitives :| if only they know how much this cost :\

I was really happy in madrid for having this, its my fav souvenir and like you said before, it makes me feel closer to the band :heart: plus i was really jeaulous of all people that helped with wristbands :(

haha yes! But im really bad, i dont want imagine the mistakes i made here :blush:

jeez :confused: i feel really bad about it, we look like primitives :| if only they know how much this cost :\

I was really happy in madrid for having this, its my fav souvenir and like you said before, it makes me feel closer to the band :heart: plus i was really jeaulous of all people that helped with wristbands :(

haha yes! But im really bad, i dont want imagine the mistakes i made here :blush:

My girlfriends started to glow in the dark tonight without any reason. It's really like we got a piece of the concert home with us. Mine unfortunately did not. But, when I was leaving the stadium I found a blue one on the ground which happens to light up if I clap it against my hand :D, that should explain why some people tried to turn them on before the concert in that way. Fortunately y where I stand at the front row me and another guy who already knew the xylobands could warn the people around us that they would turn on automatically when the band started to play.

And I have a question, did we get that message on the big screen saying that they would light up automatically? I could swear we only got the one saying that they were part of the show. But now seeing fotos of the other gigs like in Spain they also say they will turn on by themselves, maybe they added that because of us Portuguese :p

Everyone around me knew at one point that the xylobands would light up automatically when the band started to play and they were trying to light them up still!

One person started it and it worked and suddenly almost everyone was doing it! It's like that quote that House (from the tv show) always uses: "Monkey sees, monkey does".

Plus, we have to consider the fact that (and for me this isn't still an excuse to break the wristbands) a lot of people were really bored. The support acts hadn't even started and they couldn't find anything better to do.

Yes I thought that too Teardrop (I'm sorry I don't know your name :)). I think we only got the message to put the bracelet on our wrist because it was part of the show. I don't think we got the message saying that they would light up automatically. Actually I remember now, some people were initially surprised to know that the wristbands could light up.

Baah, we were the reason why Coldplay needs to ruin the surprise for 90% of the people before the show starts :(.

Definitely, great souvenir to have :heart:

Were there some volunteers helping with the wristbands in Porto? How was that done? First few people from the line were picked?

I'm not 100% sure, but i can almost swear i saw an advirtising telling that the bracelets would start automatically, but i'm not sure anymore :\

Guess not Lili, we went early thinking that as well, might some company that helped, no idea, did you see the merchandising stand outside the stadium? they were behind, a loooooooot of people, we could see them making the bands and all those box full of wristsbands :( i stand there looking at them for a bit :( iguess they were the same that give them to people, and i saw some of them at shopping centre with like 3 each in the two arms

:angry: I hate to think that there are people parading their 3 or 4 wristbands when they were some who couldn't get one. So nobody knows how they were chosen to help? That's weird.

I hope they were not the same people who were handing out flyers for other concerts because as soon as I entered the stadium I heard one of those girls asking what was the name of the lead singer :facepalm:

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

AAAAAAA you got to be kidding me, i already feel stupid for missing a MX show and now i know that they played speed of sound, lovers in japan, dlibyh, up in flames, violet hill............

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

• Like 2