✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If I bought a pocket watch would it make me a dick?

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the idea and it's practical for you why not just do it and don't give a crap about what other people think?

Because I'm not yet convinced I'm sold on the idea yet.

And because sometimes there is a reason you care what other people think.

I'm all for not following the crowd but it's impossible to completely ignore other people, no matter how much people pretend they do. I know if I saw somebody with a pocket watch I'd presume they were doing it for attention and were a dick. I'd rather people not think that of me if it means all I have to do is not make an unnecessary purchase.

But then, I kinda want one.

Dude: I'm 15 and I want a pocket watch....well I have one my ex-gave me....her Step Grandfather never wore it so he gave it to me :nice: but it's not one of the spring loaded ones, and the chain's too short...VICTORIAN FTW

The last 2 are the same, 2nd one's cheaper :lol:

OK, if you're just kidding I will be VERY pissed off, cuz I'm using all my mental capabilities

trying to figure this out instead of concentrating on more important stuff, like Car Kids. :bigcry:

1. If you buy a POCKET watch, you're going to have to take it out of your pocket every

time, just like a phone, so that's why a wrist watch is better.

2. Don't worry about other people's opinions, but it WILL look stupid if you wear it with

casual, sporty clothes.

3. If you wear it while jogging, like the guy in your avi, IT WILL HIT YOU IN THE BALLS.

Just sayin.

PS I have a vintage pocket watch that I inherited from my grandfather, but I never wear it.

OK, if you're just kidding I will be VERY pissed off, cuz I'm using all my mental capabilities

trying to figure this out instead of concentrating on more important stuff, like Car Kids. :bigcry:

1. If you buy a POCKET watch, you're going to have to take it out of your pocket every

time, just like a phone, so that's why a wrist watch is better.

2. Don't worry about other people's opinions, but it WILL look stupid if you wear it with

casual, sporty clothes.

3. If you wear it while jogging, like the guy in your avi, IT WILL HIT YOU IN THE BALLS.

Just sayin.

1. I like the look of a pocket watch but don't like wrist watches, as explained earlier.

2. Explained earlier. And I don't wear casual/sporty clothes, unless I'm doing sport. And if I'm doing sport I won't be using my pocket watch.

3. I'll be wearing it in my top pocket so the real goods will be safe.

Wait, did you win that one Greg? There was only 1 bid, so...

I used to work at a jewelry store, and we very rarely sold them. On a good month, we were lucky to sell one. I think you have a good idea to try out a cheap-o one first, then if you discover you really like it you can get a nicer one later on and maybe even get it engraved. I really like the ones where you can see the movement, I've always thought that was cool.

edit: Nevermind my question, you answered it as I was drafting my post.

Guest LiquidSky
Because it'd be something a dick would do to be different. Except I kinda like the idea and I don't like wrist watches and I'm bored of getting my phone or iPod out all the time.

so what is the difference then?:thinking::laugh3: and I don't know. I think it's different but in my case.. I don't like to carry things around hahaha :wink: not even in my pockets. If it's heavy then I just leave it at home unless i really need it

Wait, did you win that one Greg? There was only 1 bid, so...

I used to work at a jewelry store, and we very rarely sold them. On a good month, we were lucky to sell one. I think you have a good idea to try out a cheap-o one first, then if you discover you really like it you can get a nicer one later on and maybe even get it engraved. I really like the ones where you can see the movement, I've always thought that was cool.

edit: Nevermind my question, you answered it as I was drafting my post.

Yeah, it's all mine.

Next I'll bring back the cape and pipe!

Good idea.

so what is the difference then?:thinking::laugh3: and I don't know. I think it's different but in my case.. I don't like to carry things around hahaha :wink: not even in my pockets. If it's heavy then I just leave it at home unless i really need it

Because I use my phone and iPod for other things and it'd be nice to have one specifically for the time. But yes, I'm aware it's a little pointless.