✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How did you guys find Coldplay or what song got you to love them?

pacman213

Hey, I'm a new Coldplay fan. And I feel like I'm more than just a fan. I just love them so much. I love them so much I would never want to meet them because I would never want them not to like me.( yea I know I sound a little crazy. But I swear I'm not LOL) Well, I was walking SNL with Emma stone hosting, and I normally never watch the musical guest because This time I did because I couldn't find the remote. So one of the songs they played( it was their second song) just gave me this feeling. I just stood in my room and I just started dancing AND I NEVER DO THAT. the song was every teardrop is a waterfall and listening to it once made me want to research this band. So I looked up their past songs and bought their new album and I FELL IN LOVE. my favorite songs now are death and all his friends, violet hill, the scientist, god put a smile upon your face, Amsterdam and so many others. I feel so lame for not knowing them earlier. That's why I don't understand why people call them mainstream because they never get played on my radio.

P.S Mylo Xyloto maybe their most poppish album but it got converts like me. Just because I got into them because of their "pop" album doesn't mean I'm it's a mainstream teen wanting to be "cool" and just want to claim Coldplay as that example that do listen to "alternative" stuff.

Hello and welcome to Coldplaying!! I've been a CP fan ever since they came out in 1999, but I only became an obsessed fan on August 12th, 2007. Never will I EVER forget that date. :D I heard The Scientist and just fell in love. Then I listened to all of ROBTTH and loved EVERY SINGLE TRACK. Then I got my hands on all of their other albums, and was only blown away over and over again. I am totally OBSESSED with them!! I just love them SO much!!!!! And I'm going to go see them June 22nd 2012!! So excited I'm shaking!!!! :D

Hello and welcome to Coldplaying!! I've been a CP fan ever since they came out in 1999, but I only became an obsessed fan on August 12th, 2007. Never will I EVER forget that date. :D I heard The Scientist and just fell in love. Then I listened to all of ROBTTH and loved EVERY SINGLE TRACK. Then I got my hands on all of their other albums, and was only blown away over and over again. I am totally OBSESSED with them!! I just love them SO much!!!!! And I'm going to go see them June 22nd 2012!! So excited I'm shaking!!!! :D

Wow you know them since 1999?! :stunned:

@ Twisted Mind...I could be wrong, but I think that High Speed and perhaps a few others were recorded in 1999. I know I heard another guy who said he had seen CP play a few gigs (way before they were known much) and so he knew of them somewhere around 1998 or 1999. However, I don't believe that they began having huge hits such as Yellow and Trouble be so known until early 2000. (And I could be wrong, I'm a relatively new fan...) :)

Heh, I have that fear, too, about meeting celebrities I like (which, sadly, I've yet to have happen). I'm always afraid of coming off like a typical dork fan who says the same things they've heard a trillion times.

I've always liked these guys' music. I still remember when "Yellow" came out and I first saw that video. Then I remember hearing "Trouble", and later, "In My Place", when they came out, on a radio station I used to listen to at night sometimes, and I just thought those songs were so beautiful (still think that). When "The Scientist" came out, I completely fell in love with that one, and I started paying a lot more attention to the band.

However, for some reason, even though, over the years, I kept hearing all their singles and loving each and every one of them, it took me a long time before I actually brought an album of theirs. A friend finally sent me Parachutes, and that convinced me, so when Viva La Vida came out I picked that one up. That was the first album of theirs that I actually brought. My interest kept piquing, and then finally, their latest one came out, and in quick succession got that album as well as their second and third ones.

So...I guess, I've liked them for 11 years, but when my real "fandom" started, probably within the last few years, I'd say. 2008 or so, if I had to pinpoint it.

Clocks 2002. I remember seeing the video for Yellow in 2000 and I thought the video was so boring. I didn't even pay attention to the song. I also remember how dumb it was that it was a one man band called Coldplay. Oh, how things have changed. Haha.

I was always a 'distant' fan from Parachutes on. But one day I was on YouTube and came across the video for Shiver; I was blown away, and for the first time my eyes and ears were really open to Coldplay. I realized how talented they were, and wondered why they never caught my *full* attention before. From that point on, I was a huge fan. They became important to me at a time when I really needed something meaningful in my life. I feel like, in a way, they saved my life. Sounds cheesy but I know I'm not the only one. Their music reaches a part of me that no other band/musician does.

No, you're most certainly not the only one! The feeling you described is rather familiar to me, too. Among all the bands I like Coldplay are somehow special, dunno if it's because of their lyrics, the way they perform or something else, but their music sounds so personal and intimate, sometimes it feels as if they wrote a song for you explicitly. :)

Yes, exactly. :) It's just almost uncanny how relatable and awesome their lyrics are. I have yet to hear another band to have ever written such deep, meaningful, and relatable lyrics and music as Coldplay has. Not to mention I've never known another band that can release a song and literally the first time I hear it it literally makes me cry. That's just how incredibly relatable they are. Right now "Paradise" and "Us Against the World" never fail to make me cry each time I hear them. Too great for words. :D

No, you're most certainly not the only one! The feeling you described is rather familiar to me, too. Among all the bands I like Coldplay are somehow special, dunno if it's because of their lyrics, the way they perform or something else, but their music sounds so personal and intimate, sometimes it feels as if they wrote a song for you explicitly. :)

That's what "Fix You" does for me. I've always loved that song, but man, after the last couple of years... I hear that song and I feel like I want to go find the guys and tell them, "Thank you for writing that song. It means so much to me." I said this to someone else recently, but that song, to me, is like getting a big, comforting, reassuring hug from someone who will just let you cry on their shoulder for an hour.

Hi!

I started loving Coldplay two or three years ago, when I first listened to their song "Clocks" on the radio. I don't know why, but I felt that song was really special to me. When I arrived home, I started looking everywhere for the title of the song. I found that it was from a band called Coldplay, and then I started investigating and looking for some songs. I discovered that they are absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!:o

Since then, I have been trying to get all their albums. Their latest one, Mylo Xyloto, is really good! :)

Now, my only aim is to go to one of their concerts, but it'll be really difficult, since I live in Spain and I'm just a teenager! Anyway, I'll keep on trying.

Hope you have a good time @ coldplaying.com.;)

I have loved Coldplay, since their single "Yellow" appeared on the Now That's What I Call Music! 6 CD. I also love loved "Clocks" once it hit airwaves. Although I loved (and still do love) the song, I didn't get too crazy into them until I heard "Viva la Vida". After that, once "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" came out, me and my friend became instantly obsessed with Coldplay! We began buying all of their vinyl's, CD's, and 7" singles. He has quite a few of their CD's, almost all of their vinyl albums (he only needs X&Y left), and all of their 7" singles (except the ones from both Viva la Vida and Prospekt's March). I have the same amount of 7" singles as him (I still need the same ones as him), Prospekt's March and Mylo Xyloto on vinyl, and Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, and Mylo Xyloto on CD (we both still need the Viva la Vida/Prospekt's March Edition CD and all the promo CD's for all the albums.