✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pop Up Version trickery

zsbassman42

I also expected to get that notebook, it was really dissapointing to find out that there were only a few little pics of it!:cry::angry:

edit:

also: "Exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks."

Exclusive photograps: just 3 photograps, that you can also find in the little book that comes with the CD (we didn't even get that book) + the photograps aren't even that clear, they are 'moved'

+ half of the pages were given free as 'digital tourbook'

+"A 64 page 12" x 12" hardback book containing graffiti pop-up art designed by David A. Carter." => I really thought this would be a book, not just a page of a book..

the pop-up album is cool, but I expected a lot more and feel a little bit.. betrayed... you know, it wasn't cheap at all... :(

I feel the same. I think it's cool and I got fond of it over the days, I don't know what I expected...but I was a bit disappointed after I received it because of what Papillon has pointed out.

I also expected to get that notebook, it was really dissapointing to find out that there were only a few little pics of it!:cry::angry:

edit:

also: "Exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks."

Exclusive photograps: just 3 photograps, that you can also find in the little book that comes with the CD (we didn't even get that book) + the photograps aren't even that clear, they are 'moved'

+ half of the pages were given free as 'digital tourbook'

All of the above and the fact that I had expected the stencils to be made of plastic or something, though it didn't say anywhere that they would be plastic stencils, so that one was my assumption really.

I am happy with it, don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have it and all, but I had envisioned myself spending at least an hour looking at it and reading all the special and "exclusive" material and content but when I got it I felt as I had already seen most of it :\ ( cause I really had) and it took me no more than 10 minutes to go over the whole thing. The quality of the book is great and well, the vinyl and the Cd are included and the pop-up thingy in the middle looks awesome but the rest well...I think I had got my hopes too high.

Edit: the extracts from Chris' notebook are quite awesome but there are like 6 pictures of it per page making it quite difficult to read.

I get what you guys mean, they should've at least given us more detailed pictures and information of what it would be. And well, the information they gave us isn't a lie, it's just vague and easy to read in a different way.

And well I also thought the stencil would've at least been plastic ones. If you use them once, your marker will be all over the stencils;

But I would've gotten it anyways, because I'm a collector and all, but if it was like 15€ less, it would've still been worth the money.

Does that mean we can buy the notebook? I couldn't afford the pop-up edition, but all I really want is chris' notebook, so I may buy that if I can....

Isn't alot of the notebook in the pop-up book anyways?

No, I don't think you can since as far as I am concerned they are not selling any. What you get with the pop-up edition are a few pages with pictures of different entries but you don't get any physical copy of the notebook.

I feel the same. I think it's cool and I got fond of it over the days, I don't know what I expected...but I was a bit disappointed after I received it because of what Papillon has pointed out.

All of the above and the fact that I had expected the stencils to be made of plastic or something, though it didn't say anywhere that they would be plastic stencils, so that one was my assumption really.

I am happy with it, don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have it and all, but I had envisioned myself spending at least an hour looking at it and reading all the special and "exclusive" material and content but when I got it I felt as I had already seen most of it :\ ( cause I really had) and it took me no more than 10 minutes to go over the whole thing. The quality of the book is great and well, the vinyl and the Cd are included and the pop-up thingy in the middle looks awesome but the rest well...I think I had got my hopes too high.

Edit: the extracts from Chris' notebook are quite awesome but there are like 6 pictures of it per page making it quite difficult to read.

yeah same here:\ now the stencils are dirty if you use them...

and:

"Exclusively available from Coldplay.com" => turns out you can buy them in shops here in Belgium, were they are much cheaper... (no shipping costs) + they were in the shops before the pop-up arrived by the belgian people that ordered it online (in september)...

but also, don't get me wrong, I like the pop-up album, :)

and I think I would also have bought it if I knew it would be this :)