✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coachella 2012 Line Up

ladypro615

judging from what i've seen i'm sure it will be amazing too! you are really lucky, have fun for me! :)

EDIT: I wish I could stay up to see Gotye and Beirut tonight but unfortunately I can't so if anyone knows the schedule of the rebroadcast or where can I find it please let me know.

judging from what i've seen i'm sure it will be amazing too! you are really lucky, have fun for me! :)

EDIT: I wish I could stay up to see Gotye and Beirut tonight but unfortunately I can't so if anyone knows the schedule of the rebroadcast or where can I find it please let me know.

Thanks, I will :) Yeah, I wanted to catch Beirut, but it's school day, so a bit unrealistic.

That was such a fucking blast. Can't wait to blow tons of money on 2013's installment.

Pulp and Radiohead especially killed it.

What other acts did you see? I recently bought 2 tickets for this weekend and planned out a rough itinerary (assuming set times remain the same) but maybe there's an act that I definitely shouldn't miss out on?

I saw well over 30 bands total. Best acts I caught were Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Kaiser Chiefs, Bon Iver, Radiohead, The Hives, Florence, and even if Dre and Snoop aren't your thing (they aren't really mine), stick around for them anyway.

I skipped Tune-yards since I've seen her before, but if you haven't, check her out too. She's infinitely better live than on record.

Yuck and Mazzy Star were my two big disappointments, so steer clear. Also apparently Justice crapped the bed (was gonna see them but ended up at Girl Talk) but hopefully they'll have all their technical issues worked out by next weekend.

I saw well over 30 bands total. Best acts I caught were Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Kaiser Chiefs, Bon Iver, Radiohead, The Hives, Florence, and even if Dre and Snoop aren't your thing (they aren't really mine), stick around for them anyway.

I skipped Tune-yards since I've seen her before, but if you haven't, check her out too. She's infinitely better live than on record.

Yuck and Mazzy Star were my two big disappointments, so steer clear. Also apparently Justice crapped the bed (was gonna see them but ended up at Girl Talk) but hopefully they'll have all their technical issues worked out by next weekend.

Did you leave the Pulp set early to ensure good space for Mazzy Star? I've already seen Pulp at Radio City Music Hall so I wouldn't mind (too much) leaving early to see Mazzy Star. Brings back good childhood memories (Fade Into You :heart:)

And how far back were you after you went to Dr. Dre + Snoop after Florence? I'm not going to miss out on Modeselektor and I really don't want to see Justice + At The Drive-In just for the headliner.

Nah, I stayed for all of Pulp and watched Mazzy from the soundbooth. And "Fade Into You" was played in the latter half of the set, anyway.

I was also far back for Snoop, but I honestly didn't try to get close and could have easily gotten to at least the soundbooth. They had so many screens going that you'll see everything anyway (unlike Radiohead, who wasn't shown on the screens and relied on their own stage set-up).

Nah, I stayed for all of Pulp and watched Mazzy from the soundbooth. And "Fade Into You" was played in the latter half of the set, anyway.

I was also far back for Snoop, but I honestly didn't try to get close and could have easily gotten to at least the soundbooth. They had so many screens going that you'll see everything anyway (unlike Radiohead, who wasn't shown on the screens and relied on their own stage set-up).

Thanks for your suggestions - there's some time slots that I'm going to agonize over but I'll deal with that once I get there.

Off to my 8th Coachella!!! :hippy:

Thanks for your suggestions - there's some time slots that I'm going to agonize over but I'll deal with that once I get there.

Off to my 8th Coachella!!! :hippy:

Back from the festival and like always, had a great time. The weather was absolutely brutal (I think it was over 100 degrees all three days!) but the amazing lineup more than made up for it.

Highlights:

-Pulp

-Mazzy Star (Hope Sandoval :heart:)

-M83

-Jeff Mangum (other than the scary moment when a fan like fainted from dehydration)

-Flying Lotus (new stuff sounds great)

-SBTRKT

-Radiohead

-Modeselektor (Thom Yorke on Shipwreck :awesome:)

-Dr. Dre + Snoop Dogg (Great trip down memory lane. Never seen so many white people dance so awkwardly before :D)

Disappointments:

-Other Lives (people on this board seem to like them; I think their songs all sound the same)

-Neon Indian (stuff doesn't translate to a large, festival setting)

-Arctic Monkeys

-Destroyer

-Andrew Bird

-tUnE-yArDs

-The Weeknd (one of the performances I was really looking forward to and I was terribly let down; off key on so many occasions :()

Most overrated:

-Radiohead: they sounded great but definitely needed more festival friendly songs; big WTF on House of Cards

-Dr. Dre + Snoop Dogg: Much attention is given to the whole Tupac hologram thing and seeing it in person, I was just kind of baffled. :shrug:)

We got Cold-chella the previous weekend but I'll gladly take that over this scorching weekend (was in Vegas and it hit 100 there too). Anyway, glad weekend 2 was awesome. I liked Other Lives but I was definitely disappointed they didn't play "Black tables". Destroyer...yeah, awesome mellow album to listen to at home, but on stage, Dan Bejar always looks like he never wants to be there.

Back from the festival and like always, had a great time. The weather was absolutely brutal (I think it was over 100 degrees all three days!) but the amazing lineup more than made up for it.

Highlights:

-SBTRKT

Ooooh, really? :awesome: I plan to see his performance at DEMF/Movement at the end of May, so seeing that it was a highlight for you at Coahella makes me look forward to it even more.

*really Thom, you're welcome to stop by the festival and dance all day long, your tour schedule doesn't start back up until a few days after that, you've got plenty of time*