✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I just don't care anymore...

coldplayfan_115

Thanks guys. You're amazing. :hug:

Brent, Reilly, you made me laugh. :P

I made a list this morning, and I think I've got it figured out.

And Brent, to pacify you, this is the most important year of my life. SO FAR. :hat:

I have too many genius friends, which translates into lots of pressure.

One of my friends just got accepted to Harvard, and I'm trying to get into Columbia or NYU. My GPA isn't excellent, which is why I'm worrying. (Average 4.0 weighted, well until my bad grade in pre-calc)

I'll be okay after the stress of getting into college is behind me. :nod:

:)

And I know that high school is a lot less important later in life, but I just don't want everything to snowball because I screwed up HS.

omg this is like me exactly

My GPA isn't excellent, which is why I'm worrying. (Average 4.0 weighted, well until my bad grade in pre-calc)

Oh

I thought you were genuinely in trouble

I'm sorry but you need to sit the fuck down

I've gotten GPA's lower than 1.0

that's 'not caring anymore'

I don't understand why you're worrying dear

Because I'm trying to get into schools that have crazy hard admissions.

But weighted isn't that high now... It's like 3.7 or something. The highest you can get at my school is above 5.0

Unweighted, that is like a 3.3.

I'm worried because my grades aren't what they should be to get into a school like Columbia. Compared to past years, my grades have slipped this year. The past two years I've had mostly A's with B's in my math and science courses occasionally. This year I already have a C in physics and a P for pre-calc because I got a D (I'm getting another P this semester too, guaranteed).

I'm way behind my classmates. That makes me worry.

Thanks guys. You're amazing. :hug:

Brent, Reilly, you made me laugh. :P

I made a list this morning, and I think I've got it figured out.

And Brent, to pacify you, this is the most important year of my life. SO FAR. :hat:

I have too many genius friends, which translates into lots of pressure.

One of my friends just got accepted to Harvard, and I'm trying to get into Columbia or NYU. My GPA isn't excellent, which is why I'm worrying. (Average 4.0 weighted, well until my bad grade in pre-calc)

I'll be okay after the stress of getting into college is behind me. :nod:

:)

And I know that high school is a lot less important later in life, but I just don't want everything to snowball because I screwed up HS.

Apply to Oxford, and gain a superiority complex.

Because I'm trying to get into schools that have crazy hard admissions.

But weighted isn't that high now... It's like 3.7 or something. The highest you can get at my school is above 5.0

Unweighted, that is like a 3.3.

I'm worried because my grades aren't what they should be to get into a school like Columbia. Compared to past years, my grades have slipped this year. The past two years I've had mostly A's with B's in my math and science courses occasionally. This year I already have a C in physics and a P for pre-calc because I got a D (I'm getting another P this semester too, guaranteed).

I'm way behind my classmates. That makes me worry.

Hmm

Get your undergrad at a community college and transfer to a uni? Transfer students from community colleges are chosen over high school graduates (you'd also save tens of thousands of dollars with this)

Or go to a normal uni and transfer to a fancy top 50 uni later?

I don't know what to tell you. I'm pretty sure I read once that test scores are more important than grades. Cos if you know the material, who cares if you didn't turn in some assignments?

I used to be obsessed with going to a top 50 university but I've seen the unis close to me and I really like how the classes are small and how everything is less rigid, less snobby people.

Still, I admire your ambition! You know, so many people don't even bother to finish high school and look at you! You should be proud.

I don't want to encourage you slacking off, because I know you have a plan to get through, but I just want you to see that you've worked very hard and you don't have to feel worried.

And that's all I have to contribute to this thread.

Good luck and don't stress yourself out! :hug:

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm

Get your undergrad at a community college and transfer to a uni? Transfer students from community colleges are chosen over high school graduates (you'd also save tens of thousands of dollars with this)

Or go to a normal uni and transfer to a fancy top 50 uni later?

I don't know what to tell you. I'm pretty sure I read once that test scores are more important than grades. Cos if you know the material, who cares if you didn't turn in some assignments?

I used to be obsessed with going to a top 50 university but I've seen the unis close to me and I really like how the classes are small and how everything is less rigid, less snobby people.

Still, I admire your ambition! You know, so many people don't even bother to finish high school and look at you! You should be proud.

I don't want to encourage you slacking off, because I know you have a plan to get through, but I just want you to see that you've worked very hard and you don't have to feel worried.

And that's all I have to contribute to this thread.

Good luck and don't stress yourself out! :hug:

Thank you! :hug: I think I'm going to visit the schools I really like, even if I don't think I'll get in. Also, I think I might study English in undergrad. This is just because all state and liberal arts colleges have an English program. One of the first colleges I ever looked at was the University of Washington-Seattle. I gave up on them because they didn't have film, but I could always study English now and get an MFA in grad school. :) I'm glad I've figured some of this out. :nice: