✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Needing some help with LiJ

Hulsey

Hey, I've been meaning to learn Lovers in Japan for a while now, and go on to record a cover of Jonny's part.

I've found some tabs and I feel they do not cover his playing entirely.

I was wondering if anybody here had any idea on the exact tabs? And if so, could you tell me please?

Much appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I've been meaning to learn Lovers in Japan for a while now, and go on to record a cover of Jonny's part.

I've found some tabs and I feel they do not cover his playing entirely.

I was wondering if anybody here had any idea on the exact tabs? And if so, could you tell me please?

Much appreciated :)

Are you talking the acoustic version or album version?

Jonny plays different things on both versions so you need to give us more detail.

Here's how I play the acoustic version

Intro

E

B 10--7--3--2

G

D 9---5--0

A ------------0

E

Verse chords are D, A, G, D...alternate between playing top E open and fretted.

Chorus is Bm, G, D, A x 2 then Bm, A, G. The Bm is wrong, the chord is actually E: 2, B: 3, G: 4, D: 4.

Not sure about the last part. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I came across this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdW77Lhng1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdW77Lhng1k[/ame]

I'm finding it hard to follow the exact tab, mainly at the beginning with the muting of the string at 23 seconds, and the muting again at 3:03 onwards. I mute the string, but it doesn't sound right at all. I'm also having trouble with moving my wrist that fast and I'm often finding that my arm hurts after a while.

Is this the exact way Jonny plays the song?

Any tips are appreciated, thanks!

Hi there Hulsey,

At that 23 second mark, he plays a fifth. I don't know if that's right. I suppose it could be. But I just play the 12th fret on the G string. And in videos, it looks to me like this is how Jonny plays. Just the one string. Middle finger on the string, index finger flat muting all the other strings.

If your arm hurts from moving your wrist fast, then it would be worthwhile examining your technique. Keep in mind that you're not strumming, you're just repeating this note on this string. It should be the same motion as scribbling pen on paper.

As for the way he plays the verses, that's completely wrong. It's just the same two notes. I'm really struggling to articulate myself haha! it's 11pm and i'm tired. I'll see around somewhere if I can find the tab book scan that i used. if not, i'll just record a video for you.

he got the chorus and the ending right, except for the strumming pattern! :D

That would be very much appreciated!