✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Christmas Lights - SATB A Cappella Arrangement

86Timewarp

So I'm currently arranging an A Capella version of Christmas Lights for my choir which is an awesome thing because we never sing Coldplay or any other "modern" music during our Winter Concerts :awesome:

Since I never took formal music theory classes, I'm just gonna be working off the Music Notes version. Once I have everything planned out, I'll have to re-write everything on staff paper...:wreck:

Currently, at the most, I have 5-part harmonies going on at any given time:

Soloists 2 People per Verse (Melody)

Soprano 1&2 (Violin)

Soprano All (Lead Piano Riff)

Altos (Underlying Piano Riff)

Tenors (Lead Bass Riff if not Mixed With Altos)

Baritones/Bass (Low Bass Riff)

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. I'll try to upload the sheet music once I have everything finished :uhoh:

• 2 months later...
Thank you Barba (if thats your name :uhoh:) Everyone's telling me that they loved it as well as the whole choir.

I don't know why I still think it's far from perfect though :shame:

My name is Anita :)

Maybe it is not totaly perfect in a "musical" way, but I know why we still think it is lovely and 'perfect' in all the other way's!

It is the (your) drive to make a song like this; the passion to complete the mission, to get other choir members so far that they believe in it too, the feeling of singing a COLDPLAY (!!!) song, the beautiful music of Christmas Lights etc.

It is perfect in so many ways, don't feel ashamed! Count your blessings and have a merry Christmas together *hug*

Holy shit I swear to God do you not go to school with me? My choir teacher told me the same thing. Nobody likes Coldplay at my school but they love the song XD. The song was a bitch to write too because I don't known music theory all too good. But thank you Anita :hugs:

Hahaha Coldlocked :awesome: I made this way back in October and I didn't want to release the song until we performed it which was Dec 13 :P And thanks :nice:

Wow excellent arrangement! Very impressive. Did you use a score-making software or do it by hand?

Thanks Moses :awesome:

I had to originally work off the Musicnotes sheet music which was where I wrote in everything, chords, scales, etc. But then I used Finale Songwriter on the PC to compose it.

So a little of both, but mostly PC :P But for as simple as the song was, it was a bitch for write every little note :wreck:

THAT IS SO SO SO AWESOME !!!

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH :D

Love it! I'm an a capella performer myself. Have thought about arranging some songs, and certainly a Coldplay one. Thanks for the inspiration :) Keep up the good work.

Oh my pleasure! I hope that someone else has the opportunity to do something like this for their choir!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I know I am late for this thread but I am only a recent discoverer of Coldplay. My choir in Berlin sang Viva la Vida in front of hundreds of people and they loved it (the people and the choir).

I was very excited to see that you seem to have SATB sheet music of Christmas lights! My problem is that I cannot open the YouTube link - is the Video gone from Youtube? Is there any other place where I could watch it? As for many choirs we have mostly women (mostly soprano) and I don't know if we can sing this song.

If this can be sung with a very soprano focussed choir and if the choir accepts the song (I am just a humble singer, not the leader) would there be any chance that we can buy the sheet Music from you?

I hope you still read this thread ...

Thanks,

Cordula