✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your High School Experience

Spider-Man

^ So true!!! i'll be a graduate in a few years time and i'm terrified! the thought of not being able to relax like now is scary. you're expected to be more responsible and you're gonna be swamped with work. i'm scared...i'm looking forward to graduating and all but i'm SCARED!

Well, sure, at that age most friendships are like that. Honestly I don't think that when you're a kid and a young teenager you can really expect to have a mature friendship that is fulfilling in the long run. I mean as a teenager I don't really care if a friendship is fulfilling in the long run. I don't want to hear about long run and commitment. That's for adults. I want to have fun, to enjoy good times, to be able to trust my friends and feel like I can tell them most things. Just going through the teenage years together is really hard enough, i wouldn't have asked for much more.

Having someone to trust and share feelings with is a mature friendship, isn't it? It doesn't matter if you're 8 or 40 nobody actively looks out for people to have around in 20 years, these things happen out of luck mainly and it's not really a trait you can find in people. For example, my best friend and the one I've had for the longest time, I hated him at first.

So I don't really get what you mean, even the most shallow party-going type people still need someone to trust and share things with.

Don't wish your school years away, enjoy the freedom when it lasts before it chucks you out into the big world of working.

If you don't have an unfulfilling job that's not right for you this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Year 10 was a great year for me, as I had went to the same school in a small town for 11 years. There was only about 23 students in the whole year. At the beginning of that year I realised that this would be the last time I would ever have this experience, and I really tried to make the most of it. I had a great bunch of female friends who I would hang out with at lunch, but then I would also hang out with some of the guys who I was in a band with and we would jam in the music room at lunch. The teachers were kind at that school and would have informal conversations with you about music or whatever you were interested in. I mean they weren't our friends, but they made the effort to get to know you.

I found year 11 and 12 a different experience. I went to school in a small city and now had to travel each day, which was tiring at first. Everyone already had their own friendship groups, and even the 50 new students in the year all seemed to know a lot of the others. I really felt like an outsider and I tried to make friends and get to know people, but they would just ignore me. The people I did make friends with at the beginning were weird (in a bad way) and annoying. After some time I did find a group of friends who were nice, caring people who I still keep in touch with. Generally the people there were rude, immature and selfish.

Overall, I am extremely glad that I am out of high school. I have been in a year 7-12 high school these past couple of weeks doing my first teaching prac, and it has been horrible having to go back into a high school in that same city. I feel like a student again and it makes me realise that I would never ever want to relive my high school years. It is also horrible to see all the bullying that goes on and having to deal with adolescents.I am going to change to primary teaching as I think am more suited to that.

I am thankful for the experience because I think you can still get a lot out of a bad one and learn from it. It makes me appreciate being a university student and getting to study subjects that I am interested in and not having to be stuck in a horrible institution where you are told what to do all of the time.

Some people don't have the privilege to be able to simply change jobs and taje another one, unfortunately. Especially these days.

Yeah I understand that but he's implying that just having a job in general means a more dull life and that's not true.

What Coldplay said (how can you always sound so mature and wise, you're a kid! :angry:)

and I also disagree about the freedom point. I experience more freedom now then when I was in high school. Don't fear the big world after graduating. It can be so much better than your high school period.

What Coldplay said (how can you always sound so mature and wise, you're a kid! :angry:)

and I also disagree about the freedom point. I experience more freedom now then when I was in high school. Don't fear the big world after graduating. It can be so much better than your high school period.

Different freedoms, different restrictions. Throughout your entire life it all comes down to how you perceive and interact with your environment, and this is completely down to you (providing you are not suppressed or in poverty).

I, like yourself I imagine, found that as I got older (and I've still got a long way to go), I became more free. When I was younger I took certain things too seriously which weren't important. Had I had the maturity earlier then this may not have been the case and my younger years may have felt more free.