✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LGBT thread

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yep. :|

(Oops, pressed thanks instead of quote, not that it matters)

Off topic, but just to highlight the point on religion getting special treatment, if this was done by people who weren't religious, they would have most certainly not got away with it for long: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/07/health/new-york-neonatal-herpes

I was looking up the story for the early 2000's incident that Christopher Hitchens refers to in his book God Is Not Great, though the first links on google refer to events from this year, so it's clearly still a problem.

The practice mentioned in the link from my post above. The spread of herpes through circumcision which requires a rabbi to suck the blood from the open wound of a baby boys foreskin.

Oh yeah, the peri'ah metsitsah. The incident you're referring to happened in NYC around 2005. That practice gave herpes to several small boys and led to the deaths of at least two of them. It's scary that practices like that are still around.

Oh yeah, the peri'ah metsitsah. The incident you're referring to happened in NYC around 2005. That practice gave herpes to several small boys and led to the deaths of at least two of them. It's scary that practices like that are still around.

It is but upon reading about that the practice of it is virtually non-existent now.

What I always find annoying about these sorts of things is that people are so enraged about things like this which don't affect marriages at all while ignoring the things that do (adultery, abuse, etc.)

I would also like to point out that religion is literally the only reason I've ever heard for being opposed to it. This is yet another example of that reason at work. Why don't you approve of same-sex marriage? It's against the traditional meaning. Where do you get this meaning from? God. Really, I'm just so TIRED of this.

Well yeah, sure, that doesn't surprise me at all. The church makes money off a lot of things. It's why televangelism is so popular in some parts of the States. They didn't get those mega-churches from nowhere.

wow

I know. Huge news. Didn't see it coming. There'll be splinter groups who try to carry it on but it'll be hard to keep it going given the amount of hits they've taken recently. It'll be hard to attract interest and support past people who are homophobic beyond a religious pre-setting.

• 4 weeks later...