✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LGBT thread

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing shameful about it, keep in mind our ancestors were likely raped as well.

You have just bored me into going to sleep.

Incidentally, rape in early homo sapiens (and indeed now) is an interesting topic but you come at things from a ridiculous angle and trivialise them in order to spark a reaction. I can't be bothered. Goodnight.

You have just bored me into going to sleep.

Incidentally, rape in early homo sapiens (and indeed now) is an interesting topic but you come at things from a ridiculous angle and trivialise them in order to spark a reaction. I can't be bothered. Goodnight.

Goodnight and remember, be thankful for the fact that Neanderthal man raped your ancestors.

• 3 weeks later...

this thread is heavy

i grew up and live in a pretty liberal family/society so me being gay isn't a problem with anyone but the thing that makes me mad is that it wasn't until i was 12 or so until i realised being gay was actually a thing? i knew what it was obviously but i didn't understand that it was something that i or anyone in the world could actually be

coming to terms with my sexuality would have been a whooole lot easier if this had been different

Yeah. It doesn't help that the word gay is used as a slur so often. If you are programmed to think of gay in that way, it's harder to make the connection that you could be that thing, when you are not a bad thing.

On the other side of the coin on that theory (though not directly related to LGBT), I remember wanking being seen as a negative thing because of the term ****** being negative. Then when I first found out what wanking was, a kid was laughing at another kid by saying 'haha, you wank'. And everyone was laughing and calling the guy a ****** (I'm not sure if the kid being called had said he had wanked, or the kid doing the calling was just saying it to further the calling him a ******). Anyway, I laughed at the ****** and then later on thought, if it's bad, why do people do it? Then I went home and did it and that was some crazy shit.

But yeah, negative connotations of something can warp your opinion on it and prevent you from understanding what it actually is and how you interact with it.

this thread is heavy

i grew up and live in a pretty liberal family/society so me being gay isn't a problem with anyone but the thing that makes me mad is that it wasn't until i was 12 or so until i realised being gay was actually a thing? i knew what it was obviously but i didn't understand that it was something that i or anyone in the world could actually be

coming to terms with my sexuality would have been a whooole lot easier if this had been different

...Wait. You're gay? :surprised: (Apologies for my ignorance.)

But no, I totally get what you mean about not knowing homosexuality was an option. Being from an extremely conservative household, this was something that wasn't really discussed when I was younger. (Y'know, because it's EVIL. :| ) I remember an incident in the 6th grade where I was sitting with my best friend at lunch, and this guy in my class called us lesbians. I had no idea what that meant. I asked my friend what that meant, and she told me not to worry about it. I figured at that point that he wasn't meaning what he said in the nice way, but I didn't fully understand until I found out the term MUCH later. Honestly, I don't think the concept of being gay really resonated with me until one of my best friends came out to me in my sophomore year of high school.

But yeah, negative connotations of something can warp your opinion on it and prevent you from understanding what it actually is and how you interact with it.

Exactly, yeah.

this thread is heavy

it took me even more to realise what my sexuality is. i think i was around 14 when i realised it. you are lucky that you live in a liberal society, croatia isn't very liberal. i don't think i'll be able to come out to my friends or in my school during my high school education. my family is liberal though, luckily. i haven't came out to them yet, but i will soon.

i'm going to explain the croatia situation more one other time because it's really complicated. there was even a "cold war" between the church and the government because the government wanted to start teaching kids in schools that differences such as sexualities exist and are normal.

also eddie have you came out to your parents already? last time we talked you hadn't...

it took me even more to realise what my sexuality is. i think i was around 14 when i realised it. you are lucky that you live in a liberal society, croatia isn't very liberal. i don't think i'll be able to come out to my friends or in my school during my high school education. my family is liberal though, luckily. i haven't came out to them yet, but i will soon.

i'm going to explain the croatia situation more one other time because it's really complicated. there was even a "cold war" between the church and the government because the government wanted to teach kids in schools that differences such as sexualities exist and are normal.

also eddie have you came out to your parents already? last time we talked you hadn't...

Wowza

i'm going to explain the croatia situation more one other time because it's really complicated. there was even a "cold war" between the church and the government because the government wanted to start teaching kids in schools that differences such as sexualities exist and are normal.

fraaaaan im real sorry yr in a place where being gay isn't really an acceptable thing. im super lucky.

and nah i haven't. i never talk about anything like that with my parents even though we're quite close. i'll tell them if i actually get a boyfriend though :uhoh: