✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Quick help

Mollyxyloto

I'm doing sociology at AS level and I have an essay to complete for first lesson.

I've searched google but yeah... It's not helping me.

Can someone explain the different ideas of New Right and Functionalists to me?

-whats the difference between them? They both think nuclear families are what's best for society.

I wish I could have helped you but I only started my sociology course today and I don't know that yet. :\

I don't start until next week! This is the work I have to complete for my first lesson!

So what is the difference then?

Functionalists and new right sociologists are very similar, they both agree that nuclear families are the best way to keep society stable. They tend to in general believe the same things. Functionalists just began a lot earlier dating back 100+ years, whereas new right sociologists are more recent dating back to the 70's and 80's.

That's what I got anyway.

So functionalists will be more traditional then, I'm guessing?

I think one of the best ways to keep society stable is to dictate less to it in terms what it should do, but support it in the ways it behaves that isn't negative to others. Family is a fantastic structure but I don't see how forcing it to be the only way would help society as a whole as it promotes restrictions on those who don't wish to enter into such a thing. I guess it just depends to what extent you promote these things.