✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How to get over the fear of touching my eye.

Mollyxyloto

Can't read without glasses, would like to wear contacts.

Touching my eye is one of my worst fears. I can't watch other people doing it without getting goosebumps and cringing. I can't even get water in my eyes without freaking out.

Any tips or ideas? Really stuck.

My english isn't good, but I'll try to explain how I put my contacts.

I look to the side and put contact not on the cornea, but on that white thing (I don't know how it's called :P). Then contact itself moves on the cornea.

It's not scary like just putting contact on the cornea. But I use 1-day contacts, I don't know which you are using. :)

Guest LiquidSky

Why don't you stick to glasses? I mean, if you really have that much of a fear of it. There's also LASIK surgery.. but that would cost money.

I wear contacts and you'd be surprized how quickly you get used to it.

I used to look in the mirror and focus on something just slightly to my left or right so I wasn't looking at my finger coming straight towards my eye but it really doesn't bother me now.

If you really want to give it a go why not arrange an appointment with your opticians- they are really good and take you through the whole thing and a good optician will give you time and loads of advice too.

I'm nearsighted since I was 6 and I always refused the idea of wearing glasses, cause you know, people at school make fun of you. Years later, I needed to wear glasses because I couldn't see the board and I started to get bad marks. My mom took me to the oculist and my glasses were a little bit thick but I was happy to see distant things. I was very ashamed so I wore contacts for like 6 months and it wasn't a good experience, I had to be very careful with them and I was always worried. it is so annoying when dust or sand enters to your eye, or when the wind hits your face. Your eyes start to cry inmediately and people ask you why are you crying and you can't stop because it really hurts and you can't touch your eyes, ughhh so uncomfortable.

Even though I look way better with contacts, I prefer GLASSES, you can take them off whenever you want, don't cause you any pain, etc.

There are people who don't have problems with contacts and they fit very good to their cornea... I don't know. I hope to have lasik eye surgery in the future... damn myopia! Try and tell us how you felt!

Excuse my english :)

How to get over the fear of touching my eye.

You touch it :charming:

No seriously, there's nothing fearful about it. Just look to the left as much as you can, so that your pupils move to the sides. Then slowly press down one of your fingers directly to the right side of your eye. It wont hurt, it will just feel like your eyelid moving over your eye, or colder (if you got constant freezing hands like I do lol).

You can also try closing your eyes first and then press your fingers carefully on the eyelid, so you get to feel how much pressure you can stand.

• 2 years later...
i was suggested contacts except they super hurt and made me cry and i couldnt do the thumb-pinch thing to get them out

apparently i was 'too young for them'

kek

a few years later i can manage contacts just fine, what a surprise