✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

O (reprise) - your review

Sparky

I am compiling an ultimate Coldplaying fan review of Ghost Stories.

It will be posted on the main site shortly after the best review for each song on the album is picked, your name will be listed in credit should your review be chosen! Closing date is Monday 26th May

Get your writing fingers ready! Good luck! :)

You can also vote in the poll too, out of 10 which will be interesting as its usually only when a pre-album single is released.

If the song O and MX had a baby, and the song was produced by The xx, then the result would be O (Reprise). I enjoy it immensely. I prefer the original O for its more minimal approach, but this is a great rendition as well that I only wish was longer.

After hearing this version of "O", one asks itself: Why this one did not feature in the album instead than the other? Probably it was because it has a more edgier and rockier sound than the normal one. These features, in my opinion, just lift the song. Jonny's guitar at the beginning is fantastic and Guy's bass goes with it perfectly. Those angelical voices singing "Don't ever let go" with Jonny's riff behind is the best way for the album to finish. I love this one so much because it is Jonny all over the place instead of Madeon's sound and electronic music (which still features a bit in this one) on the regular one. Delightful to hear.

8/10.

I don't enjoy this one as much as the one that closes after O, but it's still mesmerizing to listen to. I constantly look for good, ambient writing music and it seems O (Reprise) and O (Part 2) are soon going to be added to my playlist.

3.5/5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...