✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How to get rid of spams immediately? (Answered - Superhero's!)

grids

I know the forum has been hit with an awful lot of spam today. I am making updates regularly on the spam front but each one needs to be tested first and it takes time. There isn't any magic wands, well...there's supposed to be a few in a form of a plugin but with a forum this size, conflicts often happen and some result in not allowing anyone to register. There are a few things I have in mind. There will be a solution which will prevent most spammers but its getting a balance right so it doesn't affect genuine new members trying to post, which is important so all in good time, the hammer is on its way down!

There is a play thru game instead of captcha as its more secure but the spammers who are registering are not bots, they are even scrolling down the list to pick India as their country flag! :lol:

Thanks Sparky!! Really appreciate it!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a play thru game instead of captcha as its more secure but the spammers who are registering are not bots, they are even scrolling down the list to pick India as their country flag! :lol:

That's sad and hilarious at the same time LOL