✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think LP7 will be about?

Guest diogo_sg

Guest diogo_sg
I want it to be political, but in a vague sense. A-la Politik and Violet Hill. I'd love if they strived for a darker sound, but in that quintessential Coldplay way where the music is melancholic and atmospheric but the lyrics are hopeful and buoyant. I think this would fit in well with the title as our protagonist (The narrator in a conceptual way) is faced with the dark realities of the world yet still marvels at its beauty ("We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do") and has a head full of dreams as to what a utopian world could look like. In this way the first half of the album could be dark and lamentfull and the last part a "new dawn" so to speak where the songs adopt a cheerful and hopeful tone, Mylo Xyloto-esque.

However, as Chris said that AHFOD is the day to GS night and that the music will be "something to move your feet to" I'd imagine it will be about living in the moment, enjoying oneself and happiness. All very vague and cliche in a way but still has substance.

As I've said before, I think this will be Coldplay's return to their more thoughtful lyrics, like in VLV and AROBTTH. I also hope the melodies to be uplifting like in MX but with some scents of their earlier stuff.

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
This album will hopeful that's for sure, i hope the lyrics are similar to x&y about space, time, and life.

Yeeesss!! Oh my God, that would be so cool!!

Guest diogo_sg
I know! X&y was a genius album. It's my favorite.

I have White Shadows stuck in my brain for weeks, now!!

Guest diogo_sg
My favourite too. God I love that album. [emoji173]️ Its a perfect balance. [emoji304]

It would be nice if they, idk, upgraded X&Y in AHFOD. Used the style but gave it some new things and themes

It would be nice if they, idk, upgraded X&Y in AHFOD. Used the style but gave it some new things and themes

Yes! It would be shocking and amazing to see the band revisit that style.

My favourite too. God I love that album. [emoji173]️ Its a perfect balance. [emoji304]

It was a good balance because the synthesizers in x&y don't overshadow the drums, guitar and piano. the synths stay in the background and sound great.

It was a good balance because the synthesizers in x&y don't overshadow the drums, guitar and piano. the synths stay in the background and sound great.

Yup...aha ...mmmm..aha ...yup *nods* exactly what I was thinking...it's all about the synthesisers [emoji6]

I CANT F***ING WAIT FOR AHFOD....[emoji7]

Yup...aha ...mmmm..aha ...yup *nods* exactly what I was thinking...it's all about the synthesisers [emoji6]

I CANT F***ING WAIT FOR AHFOD....[emoji7]

I have high hopes for this album! I really do! I think it'll be better than mx or gs. I think it'll be on par with viva and x&y.

I have White Shadows stuck in my brain for weeks, now!!

You know I had a weird experience with this song because it was more of a grower type for me rather than an instant hit. Began to appreciate the song the more I listen to it. That experience is very similar to what I felt about other Radiohead songs. It grows and will infest your mind (just kidding).

You know I had a weird experience with this song because it was more of a grower type for me rather than an instant hit. Began to appreciate the song the more I listen to it. That experience is very similar to what I felt about other Radiohead songs. It grows and will infest your mind (just kidding).

White Shadows is gold. Can't help but dance every time I hear it...just something very special and intriguing about it...hums hum hum...[emoji812]️[emoji736][emoji705]

Guest diogo_sg

Though I would love AHFOD to be similar to X&Y, Chris has already said that it'll be something to move your feet to. So, I think it'll be a bit like MX.

Btw, I love every Coldplay album in the same way, but I listen to them in different occasions (eg. GS on rainy days and MX on summer mornings). I think MX is their happier album and it'll be cool for them to revisit this uplifting feeling in AHFOD

Guest diogo_sg

Well, for me it was the opposite! It instantly grew on me!!

Guest diogo_sg
I have high hopes for this album! I really do! I think it'll be better than mx or gs. I think it'll be on par with viva and x&y.

So do I!!

I love MX and GS, the styles, the lyrics, everything is crafted perfectly, but I'd love them to return to more thoughtful songs and themes. With AHFOD, they could return to one of their previous styles or they could create a new one, like they always do (for the record, it'll probably be the latter)

Guest diogo_sg
White Shadows is gold. Can't help but dance every time I hear it...just something very special and intriguing about it...hums hum hum...[emoji812]️[emoji736][emoji705]

I agree!! When the chorus starts (Maybe you'll get what you wanted, maybe you'll stumble upon it) I start waving my body like some crazy jellyfish!!

Guest diogo_sg
It's an incredible song! What if makes me cry almost every time! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

What If is a beautiful song. The lyrics are amazing and the sound of it is mindblowing

Guest diogo_sg

I have a question for you all:

How would you rate True Love (both the lyrics and the sound), in a scale from 1 to 10?

^^Yeah, when I think of my least favorite Coldplay songs, True Love is up there. I feel like it isn't the sum of its parts: I love how the strings that swell, I love the guitar solo at the end, and I love the lyrics. Largely, I appreciate the song for being so markedly different than anything else the boys have tried before, despite its pop appeal, it is a weird song after all.

But as a whole, True Love just isn't for my taste. I respect Coldplay trying to do something different sounding, but I feel Chris' falsetto is rather overwrought. The entire song consists of him singing in this upper register and hooting and ohhh oohhhhhing quite a bit and it is neither pretty or emotional to me. That is my main issue, but I also am not a huge fan of the drumbeat on it either. But once again, that is my taste, there are tons of Coldplayer's who think True Love is Ghost Stories' best song.

Guest diogo_sg
^ Honestly I'm not really a fan of True Love :uhoh:

The "lie to me" line is good, but the rest of the lyrics and the overall sound is just kind of meh?

IMO, the lyrics are trully raw (that's a good thing) and when Chris sings "Tell me you love me, if you don't then lie, lie to me and call it true, call it true love" I can actually feel the pain that the person is feeling.

Guest diogo_sg
^^Yeah, when I think of my least favorite Coldplay songs, True Love is up there. I feel like it isn't the sum of its parts: I love how the strings that swell, I love the guitar solo at the end, and I love the lyrics. Largely, I appreciate the song for being so markedly different than anything else the boys have tried before, despite its pop appeal, it is a weird song after all.

But as a whole, True Love just isn't for my taste. I respect Coldplay trying to do something different sounding, but I feel Chris' falsetto is rather overwrought. The entire song consists of him singing in this upper register and hooting and ohhh oohhhhhing quite a bit and it is neither pretty or emotional to me. That is my main issue, but I also am not a huge fan of the drumbeat on it either. But once again, that is my taste, there are tons of Coldplayer's who think True Love is Ghost Stories' best song.

True Love, for me, is an absolute gem. The lyrics are beautiful and not cheesy, the sound is magnificent , specially in the moment when Chris sings "And call it true, call it true love". And, of course, the guitar solo by Jonny is out of this world.

This is my opinion [emoji6]