✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think LP7 will be about?

Guest diogo_sg

Guest diogo_sg

Hey Coldplayers!

I was just wondering what could the lyrics of AHFOD be about? How will its style be?

I think it'll be about expectations and, well, dreams. Things we want but not always can have.

What do you think?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We are given dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them"....

Perhaps some things are sent...[emoji4]...Its such a beautiful title......

A Head Full of Dreams...[emoji304][emoji173]️[emoji171][emoji170][emoji172][emoji169]

....all that colour....[emoji173]️[emoji169][emoji172][emoji171][emoji170][emoji304]

Guest diogo_sg
So you're asking about the concept of the album, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
I think it'll be about a child whose dreams are dashed, but finds beauty in resistance against the forces that force us to conform.

That sort of reminds me of Mylo Xyloto [emoji4]

Guest diogo_sg
I think it will reflect coming to terms with a difficult situation in life and finding happiness and a fresh start despite it (imho, Chris tries to be overtly positive after the separation, what with the smiley cap and all)

Perhaps [emoji6]

I love that cap [emoji1]

Guest diogo_sg
"We are given dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them"....

Perhaps some things are sent...[emoji4]...Its such a beautiful title......

A Head Full of Dreams...[emoji304][emoji173]️[emoji171][emoji170][emoji172][emoji169]

....all that colour....[emoji173]️[emoji169][emoji172][emoji171][emoji170][emoji304]

I like the title too!!

I'd love it would something like MX, with lots of colors and energy [emoji1]

I like the title too!!

I'd love it would something like MX, with lots of colors and energy [emoji1]

That would be so so so brilliant! [emoji92][emoji93].

PS. I like your signature thingy...'I live to see the World'. Nice one.[emoji108]

Guest diogo_sg
That would be so so so brilliant! [emoji92][emoji93].

PS. I like your signature thingy...'I live to see the World'. Nice one.[emoji108]

Thanks so much!!! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] It's sort of based on The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Guest diogo_sg
And the guest-starring artist is Nyan Cat.

Haha!! [emoji4] [emoji4]

Although the title is not "A Head Full of Fears Has No Space For Dreams", I think that it is chosen or inspired in some way from this sentence that runs the Internet, said by someone Unknown. It's a positive and brave message to make front to life and maybe also death, so here I see similarities and possible references to Viva La Vida or Death And All Of His Friends.

Guest diogo_sg
Although the title is not "A Head Full of Fears Has No Space For Dreams", I think that it is chosen or inspired in some way from this sentence that runs the Internet, said by someone Unknown. It's a positive and brave message to make front to life and maybe also death, so here I see similarities and possible references to Viva La Vida or Death And All Of His Friends.

Perhaps

Though I think it'll have some scents of Mylo Xyloto too

I was listening to one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs today, and though it's definitely wishful thinking, I would love for Coldplay to explore a storytelling form of song writing for AHFOD. The closest we've gotten to that is probably Viva La Vida (song, not the album). If done right, it can be very compelling and makes the combination of lyrics and music blend marvelously as one.

• Like 1

I was listening to one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs today, and though it's definitely wishful thinking, I would love for Coldplay to explore a storytelling form of song writing for AHFOD. The closest we've gotten to that is probably Viva La Vida (song, not the album). If done right, it can be very compelling and makes the combination of lyrics and music blend marvelously as one.

+1!

Guest diogo_sg

Now that I think about it, that would be so cool!!

• 2 weeks later...

What I Want AHFOD To Be: An album that explores dreams and nightmares on a grand scale. I would love for it to have political messages about where humanity hopes to be and dreams of being and what nightmares many are forced to live in: poverty, war, climate change, racisim, inequity. In that sense, it could be like MX, about striving for something better, for love and art in times of darkness. I would even be happy with a record that is less heavy and more about strange personal dreams and nightmares and balancing the two to become an individual or part of a loving, united community. Coldplay sure loves black and white dichotomies after all.

What It Probably Will Be: Having dreams of success, happiness, and love. Very simple, broad lyrics that touch on self-improvement, motivation, self-love and love for another person, leading to sentiments of "Anything is Possible" if you believe and try your hardest. Cheesy, but not necessarily bad. 1 or 2 songs about obstacles: heartbreak, failure, lack of support, loss. These ones will be more rocky or different sounding to add some variety to album. In the end, not much to actually do with literal dreams.

I want it to be political, but in a vague sense. A-la Politik and Violet Hill. I'd love if they strived for a darker sound, but in that quintessential Coldplay way where the music is melancholic and atmospheric but the lyrics are hopeful and buoyant. I think this would fit in well with the title as our protagonist (The narrator in a conceptual way) is faced with the dark realities of the world yet still marvels at its beauty ("We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do") and has a head full of dreams as to what a utopian world could look like. In this way the first half of the album could be dark and lamentfull and the last part a "new dawn" so to speak where the songs adopt a cheerful and hopeful tone, Mylo Xyloto-esque.

However, as Chris said that AHFOD is the day to GS night and that the music will be "something to move your feet to" I'd imagine it will be about living in the moment, enjoying oneself and happiness. All very vague and cliche in a way but still has substance.

Guest diogo_sg
What I Want AHFOD To Be: An album that explores dreams and nightmares on a grand scale. I would love for it to have political messages about where humanity hopes to be and dreams of being and what nightmares many are forced to live in: poverty, war, climate change, racisim, inequity. In that sense, it could be like MX, about striving for something better, for love and art in times of darkness. I would even be happy with a record that is less heavy and more about strange personal dreams and nightmares and balancing the two to become an individual or part of a loving, united community. Coldplay sure loves black and white dichotomies after all.

What It Probably Will Be: Having dreams of success, happiness, and love. Very simple, broad lyrics that touch on self-improvement, motivation, self-love and love for another person, leading to sentiments of "Anything is Possible" if you believe and try your hardest. Cheesy, but not necessarily bad. 1 or 2 songs about obstacles: heartbreak, failure, lack of support, loss. These ones will be more rocky or different sounding to add some variety to album. In the end, not much to actually do with literal dreams.

I don't think the lyrics are going to be cheesy and simple. Honestly, I think this is Coldplay's return to their more metaphorical and thoughtful lyrics. The melody, however, I expect it to be a mix between MX and their earlier albums (like we saw in Miracles).