✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think LP7 will be about?

Guest diogo_sg

Guest diogo_sg
True Love for me was a song that took a time to grow. But now I love it. I think that the lyrics are very powerful and Chris voice transmit the pain of it.

It took me awhile to start liking this song too, but now it's one of my favorites

"I live to see the world"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you all:

How would you rate True Love (both the lyrics and the sound), in a scale from 1 to 10?

I love!!!! True love. Haha. The lyrics are probably the saddest lyrics chris has ever written beautiful lyrics and the overall sound is incredible. The bass drums are my favorite part, it's in my top 5 favorite coldplay songs of all time.

Guest diogo_sg
I love!!!! True love. Haha. The lyrics are probably the saddest lyrics chris has ever written beautiful lyrics and the overall sound is incredible. The bass drums are my favorite part, it's in my top 5 favorite coldplay songs of all time.

I agree with you. True Love and Prospekt's March, for me, are Coldplay's saddest songs

I think it would have an air of being positive and follow your dreams.

They said it would be more pop ... so maybe its going to be like "A sky full of stars".

I really wish that this last album would be more rock with piano, like X&Y but the lyrics more

positive to encourage us to be different.

Maybe the story will follow a little man living a journey ?) :rolleyes:

Guest diogo_sg
I think it would have an air of being positive and follow your dreams.

They said it would be more pop ... so maybe its going to be like "A sky full of stars".

I really wish that this last album would be more rock with piano, like X&Y but the lyrics more

positive to encourage us to be different.

Maybe the story will follow a little man living a journey ?) :rolleyes:

I don't think it'll be like ASFOS, but more like MX instead.

[video=youtube;2fpTvuqHf00]

(AHFOD info starts from 1:00)

This is pretty much the only solid details about A Head Full Of Dreams! Jonny describes the album as "the night before the day", this means a more upbeat album especially when Jo Whiley suggests that it will be a "celebration" with Guy agreeing. Interestingly Guy believes the band will have a different mindset after AHFOD, this leads me to believe that we may see a very different Coldplay in the future, considering this album is the end of a chapter.

Guest diogo_sg
[video=youtube;2fpTvuqHf00]
(AHFOD info starts from 1:00)

This is pretty much the only solid details about A Head Full Of Dreams! Jonny describes the album as "the night before the day", this means a more upbeat album especially when Jo Whiley suggests that it will be a "celebration" with Guy agreeing. Interestingly Guy believes the band will have a different mindset after AHFOD, this leads me to believe that we may see a very different Coldplay in the future, considering this album is the end of a chapter.

I've watched this video twice but I never realized these details!! I gotta thank you for making me notice them!! Thanks a lot!!!

Jonny and Guy really didn't have much to do on GS! Let's hope that'll be amended on LP7.

I want to hear Will get loud on his drums, his real drums, hopefully he won't use drum pads for a head full of dreams.

Guest diogo_sg
Jonny and Guy really didn't have much to do on GS! Let's hope that'll be amended on LP7.

Yeah, I want to hear more guitar riffs by Jonny, like the ones in True Love and Another's Arms (the only two in the album). Guy did say that the band wanted to change their way of making songs for GS. They did. And it worked so well!

But I hope AHFOD to be more Alternative Rock than Pop.

On True Love, I agree with what Kansas and Lennyrott said. The line "Tell me you love me, if you don't then lie, oh ie to me" is great but otherwise the weird falsetto, overall vocal sound and the beat ruin it for me. It somehow doesn't seem "honest" to me like earlier songs of vulnerability (for example, Gravity, Proof) did, if you understand what I mean.

Guest diogo_sg
On True Love, I agree with what Kansas and Lennyrott said. The line "Tell me you love me, if you don't then lie, oh ie to me" is great but otherwise the weird falsetto, overall vocal sound and the beat ruin it for me. It somehow doesn't seem "honest" to me like earlier songs of vulnerability (for example, Gravity, Proof) did, if you understand what I mean.

I completely understand. Everyone has their own opinion [emoji6]

I have a question for you all:

How would you rate True Love (both the lyrics and the sound), in a scale from 1 to 10?

I adore True Love. The break at the end does a terrific job of giving a sound to heartbreak. I didn't like it on first listen, but it's one of the highlights of Ghost Stories for me.

Guest diogo_sg
I adore True Love. The break at the end does a terrific job of giving a sound to heartbreak. I didn't like it on first listen, but it's one of the highlights of Ghost Stories for me.

When I listened to it for the first time I didn't like Jonny's guitar solo at all. Now, 100k listens after, I can't help but singing along with it!

When I listened to it for the first time I didn't like Jonny's guitar solo at all. Now, 100k listens after, I can't help but singing along with it!

It's how his detuned guitar wails... just perfect for the song (one of the few highlights of Mr. Buckland on GS)

Guest diogo_sg
It's how his detuned guitar wails... just perfect for the song (one of the few highlights of Mr. Buckland on GS)

Yeah, it really gives the listener a feeling of heartbreak, I think

Guest diogo_sg
I'd like it to be a very inspirated work, with meaningful lyrics and experimental sounds.

I think it will be extremely pop, with poor lyrics and full of "ooooh" everywhere

You know, I kinda think it'll be similar to Miracles, at least the style.

I'd like it to be a very inspirated work, with meaningful lyrics and experimental sounds.

I think it will be extremely pop, with poor lyrics and full of "ooooh" everywhere

I fear so, too, but fortunately whatever it will be there's always the older work to listen to :) With this attitude I find the wait for LP7 more relaxing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After Ghost Stories hit a rather sad tone, I also think that LP7 will now be a nice contrast to their latest album. That means I also expect a funky, feel-good Pop mix and still some elements of Alternative Rock, everything with decent usage of synthesizers in combination with uplifting, fresh beats and - you know, as beastwars put it - a lot of "Ooooooooh"-fillings with the EDM-like, simple melody in the foreground.

The title "A Head full of Dreams" gives a slight hint at what we may expect from the topic of LP7: Songs about defeating mental or emotional downs and never giving up on one's dreams, living your own life, seizing the day and so on. I would really like a song with lyrics told from the perspective of an older person that looks back on his/her life and comes to a positive summary, maybe even as a project for the bandmembers themselves (so that they tell about their life and what they expect it to be, imagining their "older" selves as the songwriters).

Guest diogo_sg
[ATTACH]32108[/ATTACH]

What chris said makes me optimistic about a head full of dreams. [emoji2]

I think this album will be a mixture between post brit/alt rock and pop.

I still think it will be *similar* to MX. Just some elements of the style.

After Ghost Stories hit a rather sad tone, I also think that LP7 will now be a nice contrast to their latest album. That means I also expect a funky, feel-good Pop mix and still some elements of Alternative Rock, everything with decent usage of synthesizers in combination with uplifting, fresh beats and - you know, as beastwars put it - a lot of "Ooooooooh"-fillings with the EDM-like, simple melody in the foreground.

The title "A Head full of Dreams" gives a slight hint at what we may expect from the topic of LP7: Songs about defeating mental or emotional downs and never giving up on one's dreams, living your own life, seizing the day and so on. I would really like a song with lyrics told from the perspective of an older person that looks back on his/her life and comes to a positive summary, maybe even as a project for the bandmembers themselves (so that they tell about their life and what they expect it to be, imagining their "older" selves as the songwriters).

*takes another tissue, dries eyes* oh my God that is so beautiful ...so well put and such lovely words [emoji120] Bless

*takes another tissue, dries eyes* oh my God that is so beautiful ...so well put and such lovely words [emoji120] Bless

Really blessed by your positive feedback! I really hope that Coldplay will release such a song one day, maybe as a final conclusion or something - although I wish for them to accompany us in the upcoming decades as well, of course!

Guest diogo_sg
Really blessed by your positive feedback! I really hope that Coldplay will release such a song one day, maybe as a final conclusion or something - although I wish for them to accompany us in the upcoming decades as well, of course!

I hope they never break up. That would be insanely painful.