✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Death And All His Friends

Gideon_Mx

Is there a specific point you wanna discuss ?

I quite like the song, although it didn't get to me initially it has grown on me very much. I especially love the part where they sing in a choir "No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end...." Beautiful lyrics and sound. I also love the way it fades into the Escapist, which is another great song (and it only has 1 line, which makes it very different too)

Is there a specific point you wanna discuss ?

I quite like the song, although it didn't get to me initially it has grown on me very much. I especially love the part where they sing in a choir "No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end...." Beautiful lyrics and sound. I also love the way it fades into the Escapist, which is another great song (and it only has 1 line, which makes it very different too)

Exactly!! That's what I like so much of Death And All His Friends! You think exact the same way like me!

Thank you for your nice comment! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have heard before that DAAHF is two songs mushed into one. Not sure which 2 though. I LOVE IT TOO. The ending being in 7/4 really makes me nerd out. Its rhythm is so flawless and you don't feel that it's irregular, but boy is it atypical! And the shimmering guitar and piano, and Guy has a really nice bassline during the middle third of the song that reminds me a lot of All These Things That I've Done by the Killers. The lyrics are fantastic too - the ending is so powerful, and bearing in mind when VLV came out as an album, it's easy to see how this song and many others on the album are a direct result of the Iraq War.

• Like 3