✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite Coldplay Album, Song or Era and reasons why (Any and all are appreciated)

X42Y

Hi I'm new to all of this but I love the sense of community :) And how people will discuss all facets of the band. Or anything on their minds at the time O.o Anyway it is so great and Id love to hear your reasons for the above :3 You can choose to answer one or all. Anything is welcome here :D

I'll start with answering all three.

Favorite album: X&Y: Love how the production is a very nice mix of space rock and syth/electronica, Will's metronomic drumming (Great on Talk, White Shadows and Twisted Logic), Chris and his sometimes cheesy lyrics sometimes inspired lyrics in addition to his beautiful piano/organ/acoustic playing (Fix You, X&Y, Speed Of Sound and Swallowed In The Sea coming to mind), Jonny trying out new things while opening up more (Owning on Square One, Speed Of Sound and Talk) and Guy with his bass starting to come to the fore a bit (Love his lines for What If, Square One and Low) And don't even get me started on the b-sides. Also this was some of the first music I heard of theirs :) I only wish I had been older when it came out. (Would have killed to see them live then xD)

Favorite song X&Y: The reason is I love the space rock sound. Chris's lyrics and Jonny's layered guitar work (Especially toward the end) And the syth strings that end the song. All around gorgeous song to me.

Favorite era: Split down the middle between VIVA LA VIDA and MX. I think with Viva they started to love playing live and being on stage. Plus the album VLVODAAHF and the ep Prospekts March are killer. Same goes for LRLRLRL :D Also this is when I started really digging them :3 Now as for Mylo I believe by then they were enjoying themselves no matter what people thought. And they brought that kind of thinking with them live. (Wanted to see them live so bad then. Got close had a buddy with tickets to The Hollywood Bowl show but no one to drive me to his place. But alas such is fate :p) And the album exudes energy and life as a result of that. I love the imagery associated with MX and all around sound both live and on record. I became a life long fan in 2011. And it was that era that was a bright spot for me at a low point in my life. So anyway there you go. Sorry it was a bit long and detailed-ish. (That's the way I think and talk lol)

Can't wait to see all of your answers and stories that go with them (But only if you wanna share) ^^

• Like 1

Oh my...good thread but hard to answer! haha And yes I love the sharing in the community too :)

I´ll give it a go...

Favorite album: AHFOD right now , but if you had asked me in 2014 it would have been GS, if you had asked me in 2012 it would have been MX, you get my drift haha If you ask me in 2-3 years time hopefully it will be "LP 8".

To me the albums are inseparable from the eras of my life they depict and that is the simple reason why my favourite album changes with time, because they have truly been the soundtrack of my life (so far anyway!) :)

Favorite song: Adventure of a lifetime. It has my favourite lyric ever, my favourite Jonny lick ever and the band is just so together in this track its lovely. My favourite song in 2014 was A sky full of stars, this comes still as a very close second!

Favorite era: From Viva onwards, not much musically as I equally like tracks from the first two albums as well, but because here they started to get colourful (and I love colours !) and their live shows started to be something else :)

• Like 1

Oh my...good thread but hard to answer! haha And yes I love the sharing in the community too :)

I´ll give it a go...

Favorite album: AHFOD right now , but if you had asked me in 2014 it would have been GS, if you had asked me in 2012 it would have been MX, you get my drift haha If you ask me in 2-3 years time hopefully it will be "LP 8".

To me the albums are inseparable from the eras of my life they depict and that is the simple reason why my favourite album changes with time, because they have truly been the soundtrack of my life (so far anyway!) :)

Favorite song: Adventure of a lifetime. It has my favourite lyric ever, my favourite Jonny lick ever and the band is just so together in this track its lovely. My favourite song in 2014 was A sky full of stars, this comes still as a very close second!

Favorite era: From Viva onwards, not much musically as I equally like tracks from the first two albums as well, but because here they started to get colourful (and I love colours !) and their live shows started to be something else :)

Dude you are my brother in arms! All that and just so much yes! ^^

• Like 1