✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Saturday Working ...

rf_ucsd

So would you ever move from there?

There are these people we know who once visited from California, and the one chic could not take Chicago at all. And it wasn't even full winter yet.

I get the feeling that people from there are very picky.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are. Me? I grew up in a place where we'd get a ton of snow each winter, and I loved it ...

... but having lived in San Diego, I can't imagine myself anywhere else. That's what vacations are for. I could see myself moving one day if certain things happened in my life ...

... but I don't ever want to leave San Diego.

And that's hard ... when i came to San Diego it was or school, so at least I had a purpose if not people.

But I also have one fmaily unit down here, my Mom's brother and his family. I would come down here ever summer and visit when I was young. In those visits this fascination with San Diego and UCSD grew. I always knew I wanted to relocate from when I was a relatively young kid.

When 10 or 12 my uncle took me walking through UCSD's campus, a very modest layout compared to what it is now. He was a SDSU student at the time and said "The good students go to school here." From then forward, I knew I wanted to go to UCSD. When I got my acceptance letter from UCSD in Feb. of 1995 I stopped the processes I had pending with other schools, though I thought I wanted to go to Duke.

So you might say my relationship with San Diego is borderline stalking.

Anything BUT Champaign was fine for me.

One of my prof's went to Standford. If people were like him, then it wouldn't have been any fun.

Stanford does seem to be a little into itself. That might be a hasty generalization, though.

Yeah ... me too. Well, you know what I'm doing tonight, but I just hope I can hook up with some good people there and hang out afterwards. None of my friends listen to Travis, so I'm traveling solo tonight.

Oh, I went and looked for digital cameras this morning, and the only I wanted, with a battery and more memory, was going to cost me over $400US so I'm going to wait a little bit before getting it.

Will you go alone to the gig? :/ Ooooooh, I'd go with you if I lived closer...

Anyways I'm sure you're gonna enjoy a lot!! And have fun afterwards... :sneaky:

Oooh, 400$... mmmmh, same here for a good camera, more or less. That's the reason I don't get one. Maybe they'll be cheaper in a few months...