✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

_/ Ongoing Hockey Thread \_

jc90

K, I've been waiting to make this thread for a LONG time. But there never seems to be many fans on Coldplaying. But screw it, here's the thread. I'll talk to myself here on my own if I have to!

Talking about the NHL, KHL, Olympics, World Cup even. Post gifs, Youtube highlights, your analysis, etc.

First topic: my leafs have really shit the bed this season, and our tank mission is nearly complete. We're gonna finish bottom 2, but it may be for not since the Oilers are gonna win the lottery again anyways....

First topic: my leafs have really shit the bed this season, and our tank mission is nearly complete. We're gonna finish bottom 2, but it may be for not since the Oilers are gonna win the lottery again anyways....

I feel that pretty hard. It's hard to come to the end of the season like this and see your team at the bottom. And then this year there's a TON of drama going on with the whole Roy/Duchene thing that I just don't want any part of because it makes me so sad.

I should seriously start betting money on Edmonton winning the draft lottery lol I could be rich

With the leafs though, we're finally willing to go all in and really tank it. We've been doing it the last few year but this year it seems everyone is on board. So seeing us dead last is kinda good to see. But yeah, that's how sad its become in leaf land.

Man, if we could score a Duchene type player, that would be sweeeeet.

k, here we go, the biggest and last tank game of the season. If we can lose in regulation to PHI tonight, we clinch last place!

...aaaaand we're up 2-0....

edit: 3-1. Why the fuck would Grabner miss all his breakaways all season and score now....

I feel so crappy after the end of the Avs season that I don't even know if I can get myself to watch playoff hockey :snore::\

What position did the Avs finish in? You guys get a good pick at least?

What position did the Avs finish in? You guys get a good pick at least?

We were 21st in the league I think, but we were second to last in the central division. The last few games we played were just so bad. the guys just gave up and didn't even try to finish it out well.

I do think we get 10th pick in the first, second, and third rounds of the 2016 draft so, eh, not too bad.

How did Toronto do? It looks like they get first round first pick, woot lol

Dont jinx us plz.

Either way, seems like we have a lot of picks coming up. Something like, 2 firsts, seconds, thirds and fourths!

So anywho, in a field on 12 of my friends, I finished 2nd in my hockey pool. But I had last overall pick, so i'm feeling alright about it.

I'm nervous. Just as much as I want the Canucks to get in the top 3, I do NOT want the Flames to get their dirty hands in there.

Your Leafs will do fine. I just did this lottery simulator ten times and the Leafs were first or second SEVEN times. http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

thats so funny, 'cause I just ran it and it came up,

canucks, leafs, oil

Linden should have known exactly what he's gotten himself into. Being part of the Canucks organization is guaranteed disappointment and misery.

Prediction: Every Canadian team except the Canucks will make it into the playoffs next year.

ehh, lets see how the off season goes first. Leafs still have a gaping hole in the crease. And I don't have high hopes for Alberta.

And forgive my ignorance, I don't pay attention too much out west, but how was Miller in net for you guys this year? 'Cause he was a notorious Leaf killer when he was with Buffalo.

Alberta is getting better. Edmonton, if they make the right choices in the offseason, could have a solid roster with equal talent and experience, and for real this time. McDavid will only get better (scary). The Calgary Lames are already a playoff ready team, they just need to fix their goalie situation like you guys.

Miller did as good as he could for us this season. Without him we would be getting blown out every game. Our backup Markstrom was exceptional too. They bailed out our poor defense on a nightly basis. One positive thing we have going is goalie depth. We just signed Thatcher Demko from Boston College, look him up if you want. Kid's got a bright future ahead of him. And we even more recently signed a goaltender from Quinnipiac University to a one year entry level contract. His numbers look good too.

You're right, we still have the offseason to look forward to. I doubt either of us will get Stamkos by the way lol. I know that's been a rumour in Toronto for a while.

I'm happy enough with Matthews now that I'm not even bothered by how we might not get Stamkos anymore.